Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A2signs247-thumb-500x345-13502.jpg
    IMG_9491.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    image.jpg
    arcade-066.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OrdealByFire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 8 years ago

God this place is depressingly poor. I left a review on Yelp, a fairly generous 3/5. Here are some comments...

1.) Misleading Yelp and Facebook pictures... shows dozens of machines, but there are only roughly 20 that work. I say "only" because I expected at least double that based on what I saw.
    2.) No air-conditioning... be prepared to be uncomfortably hot.

I could say more, but I'll leave it at that. The only really positive thing I can say about this place is that a wristband to play for the day is cheap, at least on Groupon right now. There are some fun machines still worth coming for, but this place isn't all that fantastic for pinball nuts in particular, though there are PLENTY of older arcade machines around to play! ... ... except a lot of those are off as well.

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from initfo:

It used to be a lot better. A year ago the entire first floor was pins; now it's mostly all vids. They sold a lot of the A-list titles, TronLE, STLE, Monster Bash, etc, all gone. CV, STTNG and LOTR are still there, but don't work. But don't worry, Space Jam and Big Guns are still there and working!!

Actually, Space Jam WASN'T working... heh heh.

I feel stupidly fortunate to live where I do. I'm half a mile from a total of 39 machines. Sucks that the machines are all '80s-'90s, but at least there are some good ones and they mostly work very well.

I have a Groupon left for two more wristbands to The Arcade and I have no idea when I'd want to go back. It's hard to warrant the hour drive just to play a few machines in a sweaty hot building. It's too bad the owner's more concerned with lining his pockets than providing a quality experience. If you aren't passionate about that, then give up -- well, it seems he already has. If he keeps going at this pace, The Arcade ought to be closing within a year. I can't imagine many people returning to this place the way it is right now.

#53 8 years ago

vid1900: Thanks for the list. Are the machines in Ann Arbor working pretty well? May make a trip over there soon.

#56 8 years ago

Great to hear... I'll have to see my way down there. Pinside's Pinball Pete's page makes it sound like 80% of the machines are in "really rough" condition. Sounds like it may be in need of an update.

#62 8 years ago

It would be stupid to expect a flawless arcade with perfectly working machines all over the place, but I don't think I expected all too much from The Arcade. The pictures looked great, but when I went, almost none of those machines were even there. A bunch of them were off, and I think three that were on had flippers that did not work.

I mean, it's not often you're going to see a JY play as well as the one there, or see a refurb as sexy as one of their PB machines.

#80 8 years ago

What happened with Shark Club, fill me in!

#84 8 years ago

You think he's doing better financially with The Arcade...? Jeez, I can't imagine how poorly he was doing with Shark's Club then.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

it's the video games that bring far more people to the place. another reason he has sold off a lot of pinballs

Bummer, but whatever makes money for him. I guess I'll need to stick to Chesterfield, and M-Brew and Marvin's when I want newer machines and am around that area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OrdealByFire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-arcade-brighton-mi-full-review?tu=OrdealByFire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.