New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 60745)

The Apron of Destiny

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinball-is-great
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 81 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_00004670_(resized).jpg
IMG_3386_(resized).JPG
holding-breath-22222222222_(resized).jpg
IMG_00005102_(resized).jpg
IMG_00004693_(resized).jpg
IMG_3088_(resized).JPG
7F2F8E6E-FDEF-43BB-BE7E-6DDE5B8318C4_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
pony-express-john-thompson_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
for_sale_016_(resized).jpg
tron-the-rock-aod-1.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OZ perhaps???

That would be a really fun trip!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#152 4 years ago

Happy Memorial Day weekend from the AOD, currently residing in southern Turkey.

Enjoy a great weekend with friends and family, but please take a moment to reflect on the men and women in harm's way.

image_(resized).jpeg

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Day weekend from the AOD, currently residing in southern Turkey.

Very cool! Hope you guys are having a good time in Turkey, I've never been out that way but it is on my short list of places I want to go.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Very cool! Hope you guys are having a good time in Turkey, I've never been out that way but it is on my short list of places I want to go.

it's on my short list of places to rename

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's on my short list of places to rename

How about TurkeyMcTurkeyFace?

#156 4 years ago

as per request...

tron-the-rock-aod-1.jpg

#157 4 years ago

Hope it's sunny where you are at AOD. Stay warm and Happy Memorial Day.

for_sale_016_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#158 4 years ago

One last picture from Turkey.

Sadly, the AOD's journey has come to a close. It will return from whence it came and hopefully embark on another adventure.

The AOD witnessed Germany, Turkey, Quatar, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, and maybe some other places.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support!

image_(resized).jpeg

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The AOD witnessed Germany, Turkey, Quatar, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, and maybe some other places.

That's an amazing journey it sent on!! Thanks for all the photos!!

#160 4 years ago

Man this must make any game that it touches instantly worth 10k, even JD, which is a $1400 game guys...

#161 4 years ago

The real question is, where will the AoD end up next?

#162 4 years ago

Hey Mudflaps ,
Isn't there a place in Turkey where all the pilots get their leather jackets modified ? I was speaking with a pilot here out of Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson and he was talking to me about it .

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hey Mudflaps ,
Isn't there a place in Turkey where all the pilots get their leather jackets modified ? I was speaking with a pilot here out of Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson and he was talking to me about it .

Pop's Leather in Incirlik. You can have blood chits or other stuff sewn into your jacket. Great quality stuff.

#164 4 years ago

Pop's Leather--that's where I had my flight jacket done! I have some very fond memories of "the alley"!

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The real question is, where will the AoD end up next?

Send it to me and I will take it along to visit my 49th state this summer and my 100th Phish show (AoDs first I assume).

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pop's Leather in Incirlik. You can have blood chits or other stuff sewn into your jacket. Great quality stuff.

That's the place , Pop's !
Sounds like the only place to get it done
And Thank you guys for your service !

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Send it to me and I will take it along to visit my 49th state this summer and my 100th Phish show (AoDs first I assume).

I don't think the Apron of Destiny has smoked enough weed to enjoy a Phish show .

#168 4 years ago

Has the AOD made it to CAX?

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I don't think the Apron of Destiny has smoked enough weed to enjoy a Phish show .

I will fix that! AoD will see shit that cant be unseen!

#170 4 years ago

fingers crossed for a AOD CAX 2016 visit..... possibly the AOD could be a part of one of the pinball panels? share stories and such and just shoot the shiz.

Quoted from iwantansi:

Has the AOD made it to CAX?

#171 4 years ago

Pinside Devine Artifact - Awesome!

#172 4 years ago

Somebody needs to get the AOD into motherf'in SPACE!

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Pinside Devine Artifact - Awesome!

I am divine for certain!

Quoted from benheck:

Somebody needs to get the AOD into motherf'in SPACE!

Perhaps at HAAG I can be brought NASA by Sunking.

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

fingers crossed for a AOD CAX 2016 visit..... possibly the AOD could be a part of one of the pinball panels? share stories and such and just shoot the shiz.

I'm totally down for a trip to CAX and I make a great speaker!!! Just need to work out my return state side first, Mudflaps has shown me one hell of a great time over here but I'm having passport trouble now.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will fix that! AoD will see shit that cant be unseen!

Sadly, labnip rubbing his naughty parts on me can't be unseen. And he took a photo of it for all of posterity, thank goodness for disinfectant spray!

#175 4 years ago

AOD is currently in the capable hands of the postal service.

pony-express-john-thompson_(resized).jpg

#176 4 years ago

I've decided that when I get a high score on a machine and I get to enter initials, I'm gonna start entering AOD

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I've decided that when I get a high score on a machine and I get to enter initials, I'm gonna start entering AOD

That's hysterical. I think doing that on Tron for sure would be appropriate.

#178 4 years ago

AOD isn't really deserving of anything below the GC score.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from ApronOfDestiny:

Sadly, labnip rubbing his naughty parts on me can't be unseen. And he took a photo of it for all of posterity, thank goodness for disinfectant spray!

A glorious night I'll never forget

1 week later
#180 4 years ago

hope the apron makes it back safely!!

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

hope the apron makes it back safely!!

Me too

#182 4 years ago

I'm sure it will make it. Let's just hope it didn't get mailed to pmWolf, he has a golden that looks suspiciously like a mail eater.

image_(resized).jpeg

#183 4 years ago

AOD, Just missed you in Turkey. I would have read you your fortune and hooked you up w/some T delight at the Bazaar. Get back to the States safe. 7F2F8E6E-FDEF-43BB-BE7E-6DDE5B8318C4_(resized).jpg IMG_3088_(resized).JPGIMG_00004693_(resized).jpg

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

AOD, Just missed you in Turkey. I would have read you your fortune and hooked you up w/some T delight at the Bazaar. Get back to the States safe.

It's a shame tourism has taken such a hit due to the ongoing violence. It's a wonderful country with amazing history. I hope you had fun.

BTW, for everyone else, it's told that one can know your future by the 'mud,' or sediment, at the bottom of your Turkish coffee.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Since you're a GI Joe fan. I must share with you my favorite Robot Chicken video of all. OT, but hilarious.

Fumbles

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Since you're a GI Joe fan. I must share with you my favorite Robot Chicken video of all. OT, but hilarious.
Fumbles
» YouTube video

Back atcha.

#187 4 years ago

Spotted some old coins to take back to the states for future arcade slot action. The Middle East/ Europe is definitely a place where you got to watch your 6 o'clock at all times, but the surroundings are so old and amazing.
Get home safe mudflaps. RLTW!
IMG_3386_(resized).JPG

#188 4 years ago

CF, text me when the AOD arrives safe. I am holding my breath until it gets home.

holding-breath-22222222222_(resized).jpg

#189 4 years ago

Things just went "hot" in Turkey. Hope Mudflaps is ok. This sucks. Be home soon. IMG_00004670_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#190 4 years ago

I've returned safely to the states. Thanks for all those who followed this and the several related threads over the years.

#191 4 years ago

AOD man. AOD!
AOD is a world traveling PDA.
That is all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Southbury, CT
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside