(Topic ID: 307155)

The April O'Neill Animation MOD for Stern's TMNT (Ninja Turtles)

By Scandell

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230131_195732 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_200325 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_201227 (resized).jpg
E307EE3B-E81E-48D8-8B3B-74330EFF7BC6 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
moz (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
3D4618FC-8035-4E98-A4B0-5235C5178A59 (resized).jpeg
31AB3CCE-6E0D-4DDC-8FCF-5FB235950434 (resized).jpeg
F754F8BE-0A00-49BD-A706-672520AEE242 (resized).png
E5E93440-DDEB-4F96-B802-3C8AB06ABDE6 (resized).jpeg
16414281524688798184128357590580 (resized).jpg
16413415220019101477923615978387 (resized).jpg
20220104_091622 (resized).jpg
16410678271491333591553446348254 (resized).jpg
VanSpotted_Final (0-00-01-01) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Code has been uploaded and updated to 5.1! Special thanks to Cabal!

Thank you

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from System-J:

It's even better in person.

I first played TMNT when it came out. Played a few games on it. I liked it, loved the artwork/theme. It just wasnt in my budget to get one. That being said, being new to the game I was soaking it all in as i was playing, trying to understand the shot/rules. I was really impressed with the game as a whole. But one thing that stood out to me was the April animation. It seemed as if it was just a place holder while they were designing the game and they forgot to go back and change her out. Fast forward almost 2 years later, I was able to buy a low plays premium. I made the deal a day before I was to pick it up. So I started doing research on the game on Pinside. I came across this thread and I remember how I had felt about April the first time I played it. Wasnt a deal breaker. Contacted Scandell and got the link. Got the game, it had stock 1.40 code on it...Played it, saw April and thought, "For sure im changing the code to Scandell's code. This animation totally fits with this game. Such a huge improvement. For me, the game is complete. Love it.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m fixing to try one of these. What all does the 1987 mod include compared to to April mod

Ive tried both...The 1987 is completely different than the April mod. The 1987 mod replaced all Stern animation with the original cartoon footage. The April mod keeps all of Sterns animation but replaces All April footage and adds April to the match at the end of a game. Someone else can chime in as I'm sure I'm missing something.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Is there anyway to retain my high scores on the machine or does moving to this and higher code make me lose high scores

Pretty sure you can put a USB drive in your game and back them up in the system menu.

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Then I can just unzip the files onto the card and that’s it?

No, you dont just extract the .zip to the SD card, you need to mount the files to the card. Here is an example

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Just as I suspected. Thank you! Now if I wanted to retain the high scores you think they are on the sd card already and I could copy the files then transfer them to the new Sd add after the flash?

With the current SD card in the game, put a USB flash drive formatted in Fat32 into the the USB port on the board. Open Service menu and scroll over to Utilities, then scroll over to save. Save to USB. Then put the new Scandell SD card in the game. Go back to utilities and scroll over to load. This will load the game saves over...

1 week later
#253 2 years ago

I had a weird thing happen today with my game. The game boots up, when you hit start and the playfield goes black and reboots. Everything was working as it should until yesterday. I noticed on startup when it finishes booting up, it would play the theme song as if I was turning up the volume. I didnt think much of it and continued. Today it would do the same thing but not start a game. I noticed it randomly rebooted. When I hit the start button, the playfield goes dark and the game would reboot.
Here is my setup and what I did to fix it:
I have a premium with shaker motor, Stern volume controls on the front door, Stern topper, Flipper Fidelity 5.25" speakers with Speaker Led kit. Im also running the custom 1.51 April code on a new SD card. About a week ago I added the LED speaker kit. It plugs into the the bill validator power in the power supply.
I put the original SD card back in the game with v1.50 and had no issue. I also burned another SD card with the custom 1.51 April code on it and im having no issues. I put the problem SD card back in the game and a USB stick to back up all the setting. I then put my newly made SD card back in the back and restored only the high scores. Still no problems.
Just as another note..I did have the my game go dark during Turtle multi-ball
Anyways, all seems good now. Just want to let everyone know in case someone runs into the same issue. Hope this helps

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

The interview was great!

Where can we see/hear/read the interview?

1 week later
#265 1 year ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

Is there a Link to the April Oneil MOD? I just downloaded the 1.51 Code and would love to get this as part of my game. Looking forward to seeing it in action

Message OP for details

1 month later
#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I coach little leag

ahhhh little league. I remember those days. Cherris them.

3 months later
#321 1 year ago

Questions, Im still on the last April code 1.51, do you think its worth losing the April code to upgrade to the new 1.54? I was reading the "read me" file and cant tell if there is a huge improvement or not.

#324 1 year ago

I have the 2 SD card thing going too...I just did'nt want to swap it out again. As like everyone else that has the April code, we are spoiled. I know the old April will bug me. But....On another note, seriously doubt Dwight will do another update anytime soon. He seems to have addressed some big issues and from his track record, when he does this, he moves onto other projects. Just my opinion. I hope Scandell finds time to update the new code for us. I really appreciate his work.

1 week later
#330 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone has heard anything from SCANDELL about updating the new code. Scandell seems MIA on this thread or un-responsive to questions. I realize they are probably busy. It would be helpful to know if they ever intend on updating the newest code with their April update or if they are done. Just curious. Im torn, because I want to update my code but dont want to lose "New" April.

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe Stern finally saw sense and hired Scandell and that’s why he’s MIA currently.

This was kinda my thought too....

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

This would be a first package for a DLC content drop just for IC users to purchase. Take my money

Yes! I’m willing to pay for this update. I’ve donated already and willing to again. Seriously, the April mod is the best and needs to be apart of the official code IMO.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

With Dwight having rumored that he is adding some more code updates to tmnt…I decided to wait to add any new art and animation updates until the game is called “final”.

Thank you for the update

1 month later
#347 1 year ago
Quoted from dymio2:

I would like to purchase this mod as well, I am currently on 1.51.

there is no purchase....Its up to Scandell to give it out. Currently everyone interested or using this mod is waiting for Scandell to do updates with the most current code. As he stated above, he is going to wait until the code is finished. Hope this helps.

1 month later
#354 1 year ago

YES!!! donated also! Thank you

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

s this on the 1.54 game code? Or still 1.50?

1.54 is the most current stern update and April update

#360 1 year ago

I dont see a pro version in there....I have a Premium/LE anyways, but is there no pro April code? Am I just not seeing 1.54 pro code?

#373 1 year ago

Here is the problems I'm having.
1) No April animation
2) No Turtles logo at bootup
3) When ball is locked, game doesnt shoot out the next ball unless i hold both flipper buttons together
4) No match or video for for match at the end of the game.
These are the only problems I've see so far
I also re-formatted the SD card. This is the card I have been using for April code. It flashed with no problems

I have a premium turtles.

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

pro and prem/le do not seem to be working. It stills seems to be not compatible with pinball browser.

I uploaded our previous version builds to the folder (54.5)This version works without pinball browser, it's also the version used in the 1987 code.
it does prevent the file checks, some people have used the 1987 with insider connected and it seems to be safe.

Ok, so I flashed your code on the card. Everything looked promising and booted up nice. When I hit the start button it says "Chose your turt....." and freezes up. I left it there and watched it reboot. It then got to the same point and froze again. I then turned the game off and back on and it got to the same point and froze.
On bootup screen, I did see the TMNT logo and mods by Scandell on the screen.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I had that same issue with default code too a while back. A fresh SD card fixed it for me.

Im going to try this

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

This is sooo cool! I don't even have the game, and I've only played a couple times on location, but the level of creativity and talent on display here is making me want to get one!

get one! if you like pinball games that are challenging, then get one.

#399 1 year ago

cabal and Scandell have been working on it and testing. Please hold off until Scandell or cabal posts it again. I'm pretty sure its close to being done.

2 months later
#402 1 year ago

Mine works perfect. However I dont use IC

1 month later
#416 10 months ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Not working for me. I’m running a Turtles Pro, used the 1.5.4_5 code and it boots up and starts a game. Don’t see April during the ninja Pizza locks, and then it resets itself to the boot screen after lock two. Thanks for all the hard work so far, looking forward to getting it going.

Have you tried a different SD Card with just the April code on it?

5 months later
#433 5 months ago

Just an FYI and I'm sure all of you already know this, but if you are using insider connect with your April code, make sure you sure the auto update is set to "OFF" I made the mistake of not doing this and my game updated last night and wiped out the April code. So I had to re-flash my SD card with April code again. All is good now.

2 months later
#445 79 days ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I seem to remember it only allowing Half Shell Challenge mode to be played once. You then need to play a single game with each turtle to be able to try the challenge mode again.

this is true

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mariposa, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

10,500 (OBO)
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-?tu=bicyclenut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.