(Topic ID: 307155)

The April O'Neill Animation MOD for Stern's TMNT (Ninja Turtles)

By Scandell

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230131_195732 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_200325 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_201227 (resized).jpg
E307EE3B-E81E-48D8-8B3B-74330EFF7BC6 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
moz (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
3D4618FC-8035-4E98-A4B0-5235C5178A59 (resized).jpeg
31AB3CCE-6E0D-4DDC-8FCF-5FB235950434 (resized).jpeg
F754F8BE-0A00-49BD-A706-672520AEE242 (resized).png
E5E93440-DDEB-4F96-B802-3C8AB06ABDE6 (resized).jpeg
16414281524688798184128357590580 (resized).jpg
16413415220019101477923615978387 (resized).jpg
20220104_091622 (resized).jpg
16410678271491333591553446348254 (resized).jpg
VanSpotted_Final (0-00-01-01) (resized).jpg
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 1 year ago

Bumping this thread to see if there are any updates from Scandell and his mod team. I don’t have IC, so I’d be incredibly happy with a solution that works even if it breaks IC. You all are the real MVPs. Thanks for all your work on this so far. I sadly updated to the latest code to get bug fixes and additional features that I felt outweighed my need need for this enhancement. Thanks much and no pressure! I know you all have other things going on in your lives.

#402 1 year ago

Mine works perfect. However I dont use IC

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

I'll try to wait, but I'm sitting on my hands waiting to see what they were able to do with Baxter. So exciting, I've missed this mod and I was surprised when I came back here to see Scandell uploaded new files like a month ago! Has anyone had luck with this new file without IC installed?

It works great so far I’ve not had one problem.

#404 1 year ago

Ok! I had no idea that it was working for some people. That’s great news! I’m going to install the latest and will report back. I have a premium with no IC. Thanks for letting me know it’s working for you both!!

#405 1 year ago

Yeah, I currently have it working too. I believe Scandell and Cabal has been super busy. I was doing a bit of testing for them but I don't have an IC. I think they are waiting for the IC to be tested more before re-releasing it. To note: the version I have seems to be identical to the earlier versions. I say this because there was some references to new animations (Baxter I believe), that I don't see in my version. But it's been rock solid for me though. Pro, no IC.

#406 1 year ago

WHat version should I use 1.54.5 or 1.54.6 ?

3 weeks later
#407 11 months ago

Any update on this. Is there going to be a version for the 1.55 code?

#408 11 months ago

I can tell you they’re definitely continuing to work on this with beta testers with 1.55 I believe. I expect they may have enough testers so they’re probably either dealing with IC stuff or preparing a release. I do not have IC, but am testing a recent unreleased version of this mod and it has been absolutely rock solid for me.

#409 11 months ago
Quoted from plasticbugs:

I can tell you they’re definitely continuing to work on this with beta testers with 1.55 I believe. I expect they may have enough testers so they’re probably either dealing with IC stuff or preparing a release. I do not have IC, but am testing a recent unreleased version of this mod and it has been absolutely rock solid for me.

Good to know and great news, the updated April is a game changer imo, that factory April is atrocious, the updated April is perfection!

Any changes to Baxter in the version your testing?

#410 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Good to know and great news, the updated April is a game changer imo, that factory April is atrocious, the updated April is perfection!
Any changes to Baxter in the version your testing?

No, it’s the same as the original April Mod but updated to be current with the latest TMNT software version.

#411 11 months ago

Anyone else having problems getting this to work? Ive tried Win23DiskImager, balenaEtcher, PinballBrowser... and while all have seemed to write the image file correctly onto my 16GB SDCard, none will boot. I get stuck at the Stern Logo screen.

What might I be doing wrong?

P.S. Im using the turtles_pro-1_54_6.Scandell.8G.sdcard file.

#412 11 months ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

Anyone else having problems getting this to work? Ive tried Win23DiskImager, balenaEtcher, PinballBrowser... and while all have seemed to write the image file correctly onto my 16GB SDCard, none will boot. I get stuck at the Stern Logo screen.
What might I be doing wrong?
P.S. Im using the turtles_pro-1_54_6.Scandell.8G.sdcard file.

Maybe try a different SD Card? I know the one that the game ships with is a cheapo special. If you're not using a "name brand" SD Card, maybe get something like a SanDisk Extreme - definitely can be had for less than $20.

#413 11 months ago

I installed "turtles_pro-1_54_6.Scandell.8G

Quoted from Scandell:

Hi!
Let me apologize for the radio silence!
After an extensive amount of "insider connected" related safety testing we have finally decided to release an updated April O'neil animation mod for your Stern TMNT PRO/PREMIUM/LE pinball machines! WOOT! The last thing we wanted to do was release something that wasn't tested properly....and we didn't want to contribute to your machine getting bricked! That being said...as with all custom amateur mods....use this mod at your own risk.
I am no longer requiring personal requests for download. This is the folder with your software update! Be sure to pick the correct version that matches your installed software version to your TMNT machine. ALSO, be sure to pick the correct PRO vs PREMIUM/LE version.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LHMs54jwqYx1H0Zr85vf7ZWGo78yyg2b?usp=sharing
Please comment in the thread to give the our mod some a publicity boost! It’s also a great place to ask for any assistance if needed.
We do have some planned updates for this mod:
1. A updated visual pass on April's hair style
2. A more spiderverse like toon-shader pass on her rendering.
3. A Baxter Stockman animation remaster
My animation team wants to get back on this project.
Donations for caffeinated beverages that aid in the creating of mods such as this can go to:
PayPal: [email protected]
Venmo: @Stephen-Candell

I installed "turtles_pro-1_54_6.Scandell.8G.sdcard" using a SanDisk ExtremePro 32GB. Install to card worked as expected.
Once card installed on my Pro, playing Donetello and multi-ball, it crashed, then screen read, "initializing....".

Played another game, again Donetello, then multi-ball, then "Validation error" prompt displayed on-screen over regular game animations on-screen and game continued to work.
Any suggestions, much thanks!

#414 11 months ago

this images do not work: turtles_pro-1_54_6.Scandell.8G.sdcard and turtles_le-1_54.6.Scandell.8G.sdcard.
There is a 1_54_5 version i think that worked.

3 weeks later
#415 10 months ago

Not working for me. I’m running a Turtles Pro, used the 1.5.4_5 code and it boots up and starts a game. Don’t see April during the ninja Pizza locks, and then it resets itself to the boot screen after lock two. Thanks for all the hard work so far, looking forward to getting it going.

#416 10 months ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Not working for me. I’m running a Turtles Pro, used the 1.5.4_5 code and it boots up and starts a game. Don’t see April during the ninja Pizza locks, and then it resets itself to the boot screen after lock two. Thanks for all the hard work so far, looking forward to getting it going.

Have you tried a different SD Card with just the April code on it?

4 weeks later
#417 9 months ago

Any tricks to getting this code to work? I’ve tried just about everything I can imagine. New SD Cards last couple revisions I always get the validation error and game locks up during ball locks.

#418 9 months ago

I'm just learning about this mod, I hope there is a 1.55 version that I can install in the future because it looks awesome! Good work!

#419 9 months ago

1.55 version is coming soon I would imagine. There is a beta version that is working great so far.

#420 9 months ago

This is hands down the best mod for TMNT. This new April animation is absolutely stunning. I love it.

When I first played TMNT the April voice stood out as odd to me, but the way April looks in this animation fits the younger voice perfectly and the humor and cuteness she has is just perfect.

Kudos to everyone who worked on this.

3 weeks later
#421 8 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

1.55 version is coming soon I would imagine. There is a beta version that is working great so far.

Any idea of an eta? Is it being kept quiet to avoid Stern bricking it again? Man I’d love to pick up a TMNT again but I need ugly April gone at current market prices

#422 8 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any idea of an eta? Is it being kept quiet to avoid Stern bricking it again? Man I’d love to pick up a TMNT again but I need ugly April gone at current market prices

Im not in the know unfortunately but the devs stop in every once and a while.

2 months later
#423 6 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

I'm just learning about this mod, I hope there is a 1.55 version that I can install in the future because it looks awesome! Good work!

Me Too! This is definitely a gamechanger! I will patiently wait for 1.55 update to this mod.

#424 6 months ago

Is anybody here still waiting for the 1.55 code?

1 week later
#425 6 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

Is anybody here still waiting for the 1.55 code?

Yeah when its ready will load it. When is that coming again?

2 weeks later
#426 5 months ago

I am and even sent pm asking for download link for 1.55

#427 5 months ago

The April O'Neil mods are excellent. Scandell (and his team?) has done an outstanding piece of work and I do hope there will be more animation updates to come eventually but I'm not banking on it. And to @cabal, your ongoing and responsive support is very much appreciated! Thanks guys.

gwl

#428 5 months ago

Just brought TMNT Premium home as the first pin to my collection! Had heard about this mod and upon research it looks like they don't have one that works with the current code set? Also, is there any word on if they're going to be able to/trying to get it to work with Insider Connected?

From what I've seen, this mod looks awesome and I'm hoping to be able to load it onto my machine!

#429 5 months ago

New 1.56 code is out, but it looks like there are no real new features.
It will take some time until code will be modifiable.

Please have a look if you disabled auto update when you have IC or your mod code will be replaced.

#430 5 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

New 1.56 code is out, but it looks like there are no real new features.
It will take some time until code will be modifiable.
Please have a look if you disabled auto update when you have IC or your mod code will be replaced.

Was there a 1.55 update? I didn't see it in the google drive.

#431 5 months ago
Quoted from Sonikthehedgehog:

Was there a 1.55 update? I didn't see it in the google drive.

I've been running the 1.55 code with April mod and its been great. I don't believe in the BS insider connect though. Its stern's way to stop great mods like this.

#432 5 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I've been running the 1.55 code with April mod and its been great. I don't believe in the BS insider connect though. Its stern's way to stop great mods like this.

That's great to hear. I don't have IC on my machine anyway. Hopefully I can grab the link from someone. I'll message cabal.

#433 5 months ago

Just an FYI and I'm sure all of you already know this, but if you are using insider connect with your April code, make sure you sure the auto update is set to "OFF" I made the mistake of not doing this and my game updated last night and wiped out the April code. So I had to re-flash my SD card with April code again. All is good now.

3 weeks later
#434 4 months ago

haven't got much feedback from the beta testers of the 1.56 images, if everything is working.

are here some more who want to beta test the images. Please message me.

a test procedure includes playing/idle for about 30-60 minutes.
Checking Technical menu for errors
is SD-Card validation showing on games start.
Do April Videos play good
April hurry up
Match
Battle Again
Episode Baxter
Episode Krang
Half Shell Challenge

with glass on/off don't care. With or without insider connect.

#435 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

haven't got much feedback from the beta testers of the 1.56 images, if everything is working.
are here some more who want to beta test the images. Please message me.
a test procedure includes playing/idle for about 30-60 minutes.
Checking Technical menu for errors
is SD-Card validation showing on games start.
Do April Videos play good
April hurry up
Match
Battle Again
Episode Baxter
Episode Krang
Half Shell Challenge
with glass on/off don't care. With or without insider connect.

I played 5 more games and everything seems to be working great no issues so far.

1 week later
#436 4 months ago

testphase of 1.57 is starting.

#437 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

Let me know if you need help with that test phase! Finally got around to getting the 1987 code on my machine and am now comfortable with it!

1 week later
#438 3 months ago

If you like the mod and want to give scandell your appreciation for the work he and his team has done please have a look at the 1st page for the donation address.

wish you all a happy new year.

1 week later
#439 3 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

I got the new image and I will be testing very soon! Thank you!

3 weeks later
#440 77 days ago

I think I found a "small" bug in 1.57:

Today I tried to start the Mini Mode Half Shell Challenge to improve my shots on the ramps.

Unfortunately this only worked once.

As soon as I try to restart the Half Shell Challenge a second time, a normal standard game always starts. No matter what I do...

Even switching the machine off and on again doesn't work.

Anyone else with the same problem? How to fix this issue?

KR Hannes

#441 77 days ago
Quoted from Hanneslan83:

As soon as I try to restart the Half Shell Challenge a second time, a normal standard game always starts. No matter what I do...
KR Hannes

I have encountered this too, but I don't believe it a bug, as this behaviour was consistent when I was playing FooFighters' challenge mode.
Also in Mando, same thing... You have to go back into Game Mode and reselect the Challenge mode each time. For what's it worth, I was using Insider Connect too.

My preference would be for the Game Mode to remain on the last played for ease of use and continuity. It's only a few button presses away though.

gwl

#442 77 days ago
Quoted from Hanneslan83:

Today I tried to start the Mini Mode Half Shell Challenge to improve my shots on the ramps.
Unfortunately this only worked once.
KR Hannes

I seem to remember it only allowing Half Shell Challenge mode to be played once. You then need to play a single game with each turtle to be able to try the challenge mode again.

#443 76 days ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I seem to remember it only allowing Half Shell Challenge mode to be played once. You then need to play a single game with each turtle to be able to try the challenge mode again.

That's a setting you can turn off. But I believe it's on by default.

#444 76 days ago

Has anyone of you tried the half shell challenge mode on Pro or Prem/Le if it's failing the images need to be redone and the stuff fixed.
Or it may only be setting stuff.
but some confirmation may be good. can not remember if i got feedback on half shell challange mode

#445 76 days ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

this is true

#446 76 days ago

cabal Let me check tonight a few more times on the Half Shell Challenge...but so far, nothing has been obvious.

#447 75 days ago
Quoted from cabal:

Has anyone of you tried the half shell challenge mode on Pro or Prem/Le if it's failing the images need to be redone and the stuff fixed.
Or it may only be setting stuff.
but some confirmation may be good. can not remember if i got feedback on half shell challange mode

Setting Stuff. Changed from Qualify to Always and I can always play the Half Shell Challenge

Sorry for the upset.

KR Hannes

#448 71 days ago

Hey I just picked up a TMNT premium. It came updated to the 1.57 code when I got the game. Will your 1.57 update be released soon I am pretty excited to give it a try it looks awesome!

#449 71 days ago
Quoted from Beaster:

Hey I just picked up a TMNT premium. It came updated to the 1.57 code when I got the game. Will your 1.57 update be released soon I am pretty excited to give it a try it looks awesome!

Ya I’m interested as well … I ran Scandell “the mans” 1.5 code!! Loved it … you made her beautiful!!! Please tell me how I get the latest flash! I’m a sucker for insider connect … now I’m stuck with an unattractive redheaded step sister ….. save TMNT!

4 weeks later
#450 41 days ago

Any update if a 1.57 is available? Just picked this game back up and would love to try it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-/page/9?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.