(Topic ID: 307155)

The April O'Neill Animation MOD for Stern's TMNT (Ninja Turtles)

By Scandell

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230131_195732 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_200325 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_201227 (resized).jpg
E307EE3B-E81E-48D8-8B3B-74330EFF7BC6 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
moz (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
3D4618FC-8035-4E98-A4B0-5235C5178A59 (resized).jpeg
31AB3CCE-6E0D-4DDC-8FCF-5FB235950434 (resized).jpeg
F754F8BE-0A00-49BD-A706-672520AEE242 (resized).png
E5E93440-DDEB-4F96-B802-3C8AB06ABDE6 (resized).jpeg
16414281524688798184128357590580 (resized).jpg
16413415220019101477923615978387 (resized).jpg
20220104_091622 (resized).jpg
16410678271491333591553446348254 (resized).jpg
VanSpotted_Final (0-00-01-01) (resized).jpg
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 1 year ago

Donated again not enough but something
Love my turtles

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Donated again not enough but something
Love my turtles

Thank you kindly!

#353 1 year ago

Per PM with the OP - the new version is now compatible with Insider Connected

#354 1 year ago

YES!!! donated also! Thank you

#355 1 year ago

Yes. Mod now supports Insider connected!

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

YES!!! donated also! Thank you

Thank you thank you!

#357 1 year ago

Is this on the 1.54 game code? Or still 1.50?

#358 1 year ago

Has April been updated in the Final Battle with Shredder? I believe in 1.50 she was still oogly. We have not updated as my gf refuses to play without this upgrade.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

s this on the 1.54 game code? Or still 1.50?

1.54 is the most current stern update and April update

#360 1 year ago

I dont see a pro version in there....I have a Premium/LE anyways, but is there no pro April code? Am I just not seeing 1.54 pro code?

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I dont see a pro version in there....I have a Premium/LE anyways, but is there no pro April code? Am I just not seeing 1.54 pro code?

oops! added.

#362 1 year ago

Oh yeah I have been waiting on this thanks so much.

#363 1 year ago

So awesome! Thank you!

#364 1 year ago

Thank you!!!

#365 1 year ago

Oof - installed the Scandell 1.54 LE on my premium. All went well, reloaded my settings, logged in via Home Team. Starting playing - once the first April animation was supposed to load (ball one lock), games hangs, locks up and restarts.

On restart, insider connected no longer works. I get a VALIDATION ERROR. So I reinstalled my original SD card (vs 1.54). Still get "GAME VALIDATION ERROR, UPDATE SD CARD". Insider Connector won't work.

No sure what to do now - this happen to anyone else?

IMG_20230131_195732 (resized).jpgIMG_20230131_195732 (resized).jpgIMG_20230131_200325 (resized).jpgIMG_20230131_200325 (resized).jpgIMG_20230131_201227 (resized).jpgIMG_20230131_201227 (resized).jpg
#366 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Oof - installed the Scandell 1.54 LE on my premium. All went well, reloaded my settings, logged in via Home Team. Starting playing - once the first April animation was supposed to load (ball one lock), games hangs, locks up and restarts.
On restart, insider connected no longer works. I get a VALIDATION ERROR. So I reinstalled my original SD card (vs 1.54). Still get "GAME VALIDATION ERROR, UPDATE SD CARD". Insider Connector won't work.
No sure what to do now - this happen to anyone else?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was just about to post something. I get something very similar. Once I lock my first ball... The game continues but another ball is not kicked out. It doesnt even do a ball search after a few minutes. The playfield is on and the music is playing, but no balls are in play.

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I was just about to post something. I get something very similar. Once I lock my first ball... The game continues but another ball is not kicked out. It doesnt even do a ball search after a few minutes. The playfield is on and the music is playing, but no balls are in play.

Oh man - I wonder if Stern has some type of checksum system online and invalidates your machine if you tamper with the software - even after you switch back to the factory code?

Man, this really sucks.

#368 1 year ago

Oh man - I wonder if Stern has some type of checksum system online and invalidates your machine if you tamper with the software - even after you switch back to the factory code?
Man, this really sucks.

I hope not. One of many reasons my pins will never go online. I'm against it on a fundamental level.

#369 1 year ago

Man, this really sucks.

I was able to switch back to my previous version of Scandells code. It updated the node boards and everything plays fine. Maybe try it again?

#370 1 year ago

I was able to switch back to my previous version of Scandells code. It updated the node boards and everything plays fine. Maybe try it again?

Are you using Insider Connected? I haven't used Scandells mod since before IC, I think. I just did a full reset of the pin using the regular Stern SD card/rules and I still get the Game Validation error while playing and Insider Connected doesn't work. I mean, it has to be flagged in the cloud since the Scandell card is no longer in the machine - there should be no trace of it locally, right?

#371 1 year ago

I was on Scandell v.1.50 without IC. After I performed the Scandell update to 1.54, I installed IC. Added the game to my "home game room". Added myself to my Home Team and played. After the game hung up on the 1.54 version, I turned my pin off and swapped back to the 1.5 Scandell version. I put the updated code on a different SD card, so I had the original 1.5 version still handy. It booted and updated, and I was able to play fine.

Of course with it being back at 1.50, my IC doesn't work at all.

#372 1 year ago

I was on Scandell v.1.50 without IC. After I performed the Scandell update to 1.54, I installed IC. Added the game to my "home game room". Added myself to my Home Team and played. After the game hung up on the 1.54 version, I turned my pin off and swapped back to the 1.5 Scandell version. I put the updated code on a different SD card, so I had the original 1.5 version still handy. It booted and updated, and I was able to play fine.
Of course with it being back at 1.50, my IC doesn't work at all.

Thanks for the info - this will be helpful data trying to get my game to work again!

#373 1 year ago

Here is the problems I'm having.
1) No April animation
2) No Turtles logo at bootup
3) When ball is locked, game doesnt shoot out the next ball unless i hold both flipper buttons together
4) No match or video for for match at the end of the game.
These are the only problems I've see so far
I also re-formatted the SD card. This is the card I have been using for April code. It flashed with no problems

I have a premium turtles.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I hope not. One of many reasons my pins will never go online. I'm against it on a fundamental level.

I hope not either. The mod community really improves audio and video aspects of some of these titles.
One of the reasons I’m hesitant to ever update JP or Beatles online to newer code with IC.
Following this situation.

#375 1 year ago

TMNT 1987 1.54 works flawlessly with IC though, I’ve been using it for a while now.

#376 1 year ago

Guys. Thanks for reporting this. Looking into jt

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Guys. Thanks for reporting this. Looking into jt

when you get a code validation error could you please do following.
get a fresh unmodded 1.54 version install it in the machine and wait until the Game validation error vanishes (15-30minutes).
After this try to reinstall the 1.54 modded version and look if it stays ok.

Are both images affected? Pro and LE

#378 1 year ago

No idea why Stern are being so difficult with TMNT, George said on a Bond stream we couldn’t get certain songs due to cost but I’m sure you guys will be able to fix that with a little smirk/wink at the screen.

#379 1 year ago

Something I saw on the 1987 forum about validation errors. Be sure to update to the stock 1.54 code first. Then get your mods also on 1.54. if the error happens go back to the 1.54 code and play a few games. 20 min it seems then go back to the mod and it should work. Also reading to never go on IC for either mod ?

For the developers I found this, not sure if it amounts to anything Scandell

It looks like the game file is just a standard elf binary? I don't know if they are always unsigned or just as a byproduct of the mod, but the 'Game validation error, Update SD card' string only shows up in a single location and if you patch that string the message goes away (ie, change the 'G' to a null byte.) I'm not planning on using IC with this code nor do anything 'evil', but I'll delete this message if this breaks the rules or is otherwise frowned on.
With some further testing, there is a small red rectangle, but much less pronounced than before. The game appears to play fine.

#380 1 year ago

This is great news! I’ll be sending a dono. Quick question, does the size/type of the SD card matter?

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

when you get a code validation error could you please do following.
get a fresh unmodded 1.54 version install it in the machine and wait until the Game validation error vanishes (15-30minutes).
After this try to reinstall the 1.54 modded version and look if it stays ok.
Are both images affected? Pro and LE

Thanks for the help, Cabal!

I did let this sit for about 1/2 hour with factory code v1.54 and the game has since self validated and everything is back to normal now. I'm going to wait on trying Scandells code again until further data is collected. Damn, I sure miss those great animations

#382 1 year ago

in short can we summarize that the premium/le people got the problems?
PinballCharlie
Bicyclenut
marioparty34

i think i have not seen any pro with problem, so maybe only this image needs to be redone.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

in short can we summarize that the premium/le people got the problems?
PinballCharlie
Bicyclenut
marioparty34
i think i have not seen any pro with problem, so maybe only this image needs to be redone.

I have same issues with my non internet connected Pro. When ball one is locked next ball will not eject. If you press both flipper buttons it will eject next ball but the screen freezes and machine restarts. After switching back to the standard v1.54 I am getting “game validation error” which goes away after a few minutes.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

I have same issues with my non internet connected Pro. When ball one is locked next ball will not eject. If you press both flipper buttons it will eject next ball but the screen freezes and machine restarts. After switching back to the standard v1.54 I am getting “game validation error” which goes away after a few minutes.

thanks just tested out the pro version too, it seems to have the same flaws as the prem/le version

#385 1 year ago

pro and prem/le do not seem to be working. It stills seems to be not compatible with pinball browser.

I uploaded our previous version builds to the folder (54.5)This version works without pinball browser, it's also the version used in the 1987 code.
it does prevent the file checks, some people have used the 1987 with insider connected and it seems to be safe.

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

pro and prem/le do not seem to be working. It stills seems to be not compatible with pinball browser.

I uploaded our previous version builds to the folder (54.5)This version works without pinball browser, it's also the version used in the 1987 code.
it does prevent the file checks, some people have used the 1987 with insider connected and it seems to be safe.

Ok, so I flashed your code on the card. Everything looked promising and booted up nice. When I hit the start button it says "Chose your turt....." and freezes up. I left it there and watched it reboot. It then got to the same point and froze again. I then turned the game off and back on and it got to the same point and froze.
On bootup screen, I did see the TMNT logo and mods by Scandell on the screen.

#387 1 year ago

At this point, I don't know why STERN doesn't just pay you to include the animations in their next update

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

At this point, I don't know why STERN doesn't just pay you to include the animations in their next update

Likely licensing, the original animations would have been signed off on by the licensor, whoever the hell signed off on the April animations should have been demoted though.

#389 1 year ago

Ok I just got home and was fixing to install it on my pro but after reading this it is not working right

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok, so I flashed your code on the card. Everything looked promising and booted up nice. When I hit the start button it says "Chose your turt....." and freezes up. I left it there and watched it reboot. It then got to the same point and froze again. I then turned the game off and back on and it got to the same point and froze.

I basically got the same thing. The 54.5 code doesn't work on my prem.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I had that same issue with default code too a while back. A fresh SD card fixed it for me.

#392 1 year ago

At the moment new images are created and being tested, we hope to get them tested in the next days. Please keep calm.
Sorry for all this trouble.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I had that same issue with default code too a while back. A fresh SD card fixed it for me.

Im going to try this

#394 1 year ago

This is sooo cool! I don't even have the game, and I've only played a couple times on location, but the level of creativity and talent on display here is making me want to get one!

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

This is sooo cool! I don't even have the game, and I've only played a couple times on location, but the level of creativity and talent on display here is making me want to get one!

get one! if you like pinball games that are challenging, then get one.

#396 1 year ago

So I downloaded it on sd card but I see it’s not working right with some people. So I’m assuming I need to wait

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So I downloaded it on sd card but I see it’s not working right with some people. So I’m assuming I need to wait

Probably a good idea to wait. It's not working quite right yet.

#398 1 year ago

Probably a good idea to wait. It's not working quite right yet.

Thanks I appreciate that I will hold off.

#399 1 year ago

cabal and Scandell have been working on it and testing. Please hold off until Scandell or cabal posts it again. I'm pretty sure its close to being done.

2 weeks later
#400 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

cabal and Scandell have been working on it and testing. Please hold off until Scandell or cabal posts it again. I'm pretty sure its close to being done.

I'll try to wait, but I'm sitting on my hands waiting to see what they were able to do with Baxter. So exciting, I've missed this mod and I was surprised when I came back here to see Scandell uploaded new files like a month ago! Has anyone had luck with this new file without IC installed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 22.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.