(Topic ID: 307155)

The April O'Neill Animation MOD for Stern's TMNT (Ninja Turtles)

By Scandell

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230131_195732 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_200325 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_201227 (resized).jpg
E307EE3B-E81E-48D8-8B3B-74330EFF7BC6 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
moz (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
3D4618FC-8035-4E98-A4B0-5235C5178A59 (resized).jpeg
31AB3CCE-6E0D-4DDC-8FCF-5FB235950434 (resized).jpeg
F754F8BE-0A00-49BD-A706-672520AEE242 (resized).png
E5E93440-DDEB-4F96-B802-3C8AB06ABDE6 (resized).jpeg
16414281524688798184128357590580 (resized).jpg
16413415220019101477923615978387 (resized).jpg
20220104_091622 (resized).jpg
16410678271491333591553446348254 (resized).jpg
VanSpotted_Final (0-00-01-01) (resized).jpg
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 1 year ago

Receiving my TMNT Premium tomorrow, so excited to try out the april code from Scandell. Is it now possible to download the 1.52 code?

2 weeks later
#302 1 year ago

Ah man new code update again Scandell is it easy to upgrade to the new code with this mod or do you have to infect the source files some how. One has to think the code is about settled

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Ah man new code update again Scandell is it easy to upgrade to the new code with this mod or do you have to infect the source files some how. One has to think the code is about settled

Nah, the code isn't settled, imo. Dwight said he doesn't consider it finished, and although this was before this update, I'm pretty sure he hasn't had time yet to really look at it. Hopefully within the next year after his next game comes out. I'm guessing he's either doing 007 or whatever is next.

I love the April Mod and will miss it but 1.53 is too tempting to stay at 1.51. If you guys ever figure out how to 'fix' the new code to work with your animation, I know I would be happy to donate more money to the cause. ...you're doing gods work.

#304 1 year ago

I believe all of us would donate to get it to work again!

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe all of us would donate to get it to work again!

Here here, take my money!

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from acakoning:

Receiving my TMNT Premium tomorrow, so excited to try out the april code from Scandell. Is it now possible to download the 1.52 code?

You will want 1.53

#307 1 year ago

Latest code is 1.53 as of 4 days Scandell !!

#308 1 year ago

Since I've never posted here, I just wanted to say that when I saw this mod TMNT suddenly became interresting to me!

(I blatantly asked in the reveal stream chat if that April character was a placeholder. And poor Dwight answered on Video that everything we see is final and approved on from the licensor.)

So yeah, this is really great! It does not only resemble ZY's April Design, but the animations are also WAY above the rest of the game.
(So much so that it sticks out - but in a good way. XD)

I'd love her to have some cellshaded outlines, but it allready is way better then the main game as it is!
So, congrats this is the best code mod I can think of!

And yes of course I hope you let me download the code, if I ever get a TMNT.
(Looking into it at the moment, since I'd like to play CoOp Mode with my children.)

#309 1 year ago

Hello all,

I’ve never posted on this before as soon as I saw this mod I knew I needed it. I PM scandell a few days ago but assume they are very busy and haven’t responded back yet. Does anyone know scandell to reach out and see if they can PM the link to download the mod? I also asked if there was a way I could buy a SD card with the mod on there straight from scandell.

Any help would be great this mod is amazing!

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from dymio2:

Hello all,
I’ve never posted on this before as soon as I saw this mod I knew I needed it. I PM scandell a few days ago but assume they are very busy and haven’t responded back yet. Does anyone know scandell to reach out and see if they can PM the link to download the mod? I also asked if there was a way I could buy a SD card with the mod on there straight from scandell.
Any help would be great this mod is amazing!

i think you have to be patient, scandell will reach out to you. He is always very busy but in history he reached always out after some time.
He did send out sd cards as i remember.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

i think you have to be patient, scandell will reach out to you. He is always very busy but in history he reached always out after some time.
He did send out sd cards as i remember.

Sounds good I appreciate the reassurance, I will continue to standby.

#312 1 year ago

I still can’t update the code to the newest version. The thought of losing Scandell’s mod bums me out. Hopefully the mod’s not dead. I’m willing to donate to the project.

#313 1 year ago

The mod is so good I will not update my game even understanding how it improves the game play..

#314 1 year ago

Updated to 1.53 and can confirm it wipes the Scandell mod out With the 1.52 update the animations were still there but the voices on the animations were off, with 1.53 it's just gone (still have the mod on the SD card in the game).

#315 1 year ago

When you use the Scandell mod you can't just update your game like normal. You have to go back into the google drive and download a new version of the code and re flash.

1.53 isn't available yet.

#316 1 year ago

It sounds like the 1984 mod has had some luck adapting to the new code, so hopefully that bodes we'll for a future Scandell April update. I do miss it.

#317 1 year ago

Factory 1.54 is out today.

#318 1 year ago

Did 1.53 ever get patched up to work with Scandells kick ass work?

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did 1.53 ever get patched up to work with Scandells kick ass work?

No.

#320 1 year ago

Dwight is giving TMNT some well deserved attention and there will probably be more code updates coming according to the main thread. Maybe good to wait until the dust settles with rapid fire code updates. Looking forward to loading the April mod back on the machine at some point! It's worth the wait, since the updates are vastly improving the gameplay.

#321 1 year ago

Questions, Im still on the last April code 1.51, do you think its worth losing the April code to upgrade to the new 1.54? I was reading the "read me" file and cant tell if there is a huge improvement or not.

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Questions, Im still on the last April code 1.51, do you think its worth losing the April code to upgrade to the new 1.54? I was reading the "read me" file and cant tell if there is a huge improvement or not.

well it depends how much you like the new april.
code 1.54 has some changes like the turtle power multiball reset bug seems to be fixed.
in 1.53 they fixed: Changed how many times you need to train to enable Neutrino Pizza Party from
three to one and some scoring changes. I do like the 1.54 code with neutrino pizza party it's fun to get.
score are nice, and never having the tpmb error again is nice.
but the april is already anoying me. Tried not to look the screen when april is on. Still can't believe they are not chaning it.
i do like TMNT so much, but the april thing would be the only reason to sell the machine
you can create a 2nd sd-card and go back if you like, but this will reflash the node boards, i try not to do this too often.

#323 1 year ago

Definitely a lot of changes. I think I'll have a separate SD card for april and one for the new code. Will have to go check it out since it really does sound appealing.

#324 1 year ago

I have the 2 SD card thing going too...I just did'nt want to swap it out again. As like everyone else that has the April code, we are spoiled. I know the old April will bug me. But....On another note, seriously doubt Dwight will do another update anytime soon. He seems to have addressed some big issues and from his track record, when he does this, he moves onto other projects. Just my opinion. I hope Scandell finds time to update the new code for us. I really appreciate his work.

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have the 2 SD card thing going too...I just did'nt want to swap it out again. As like everyone else that has the April code, we are spoiled. I know the old April will bug me. But....On another note, seriously doubt Dwight will do another update anytime soon. He seems to have addressed some big issues and from his track record, when he does this, he moves onto other projects. Just my opinion. I hope Scandell finds time to update the new code for us. I really appreciate his work.

Could get another update at the end of the year as they all go on holiday at xmas-new years.

#326 1 year ago

So how does updating work if you have this mod? I got my game second hand and it has the april mod sd card on 1.5 and a seperate card on 1.5 with fugly april. Do I just swap cards and update as normal with a flash drive or can I just use a card with 1.54? My gf and I are really hoping this mod can get updated to the new codes cause this mid is practically necessary for the game. Thank you in advance!

#327 1 year ago

It's pretty amazing how shit the stock animations look compared to this. I couldn't take the reboot bug anymore so had to upgrade. Hopefully the mod can be added to the latest code. Fingers crossed.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

So how does updating work if you have this mod? I got my game second hand and it has the april mod sd card on 1.5 and a seperate card on 1.5 with fugly april. Do I just swap cards and update as normal with a flash drive or can I just use a card with 1.54? My gf and I are really hoping this mod can get updated to the new codes cause this mid is practically necessary for the game. Thank you in advance!

Basically you just have to wait for Scandell to make the update with the current code. Then you have to reflash the SD card using a computer. If you download the code from stern and try to update, it'll overwrite the April Code.

There are instructions in the beginning of the thread on how to flash it.

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

switching between ugly April code and Scandell code would be done with 2 SD-Cards. If the ugly code got a newer version >1.5 then on changing of sd-cards everytime the nodeboards will be flashed.

auto update and game update from stern will overwrite existing code in the machine.
Process is normaly to wait for a new release from scandell.
Save the settings/highscore on and USB-Stick ->Menu->util->save
then create a new sdcard or overwrite the existing sd-card with new image.
swith sd-card in machine with the newly created one.
load the settings/highscore from usb-stick ->menu->util->load.

but updates are only availalable as this sd-card images and you have to wait until scandell will release a update image.

1 week later
#330 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone has heard anything from SCANDELL about updating the new code. Scandell seems MIA on this thread or un-responsive to questions. I realize they are probably busy. It would be helpful to know if they ever intend on updating the newest code with their April update or if they are done. Just curious. Im torn, because I want to update my code but dont want to lose "New" April.

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Just curious if anyone has heard anything from SCANDELL about updating the new code. Scandell seems MIA on this thread or un-responsive to questions. I realize they are probably busy. It would be helpful to know if they ever intend on updating the newest code with their April update or if they are done. Just curious. Im torn, because I want to update my code but dont want to lose "New" April.

ZB
That’s what I’m waiting to see to maybe will hear something soon about doing it

#332 1 year ago

Maybe Stern finally saw sense and hired Scandell and that’s why he’s MIA currently.

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe Stern finally saw sense and hired Scandell and that’s why he’s MIA currently.

This was kinda my thought too....

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

This was kinda my thought too....

Fingers crossed and if so they let him put out an official April update.

The April animations from Stern are possibly the worst animations they have ever put out, I certainly can’t think of any others as bad let alone worse.

#335 1 year ago

This would be a first package for a DLC content drop just for IC users to purchase. Take my money.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

This would be a first package for a DLC content drop just for IC users to purchase. Take my money.

Or just release a professional April update to all TMNT owners, which is how it should have been done to begin with.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

This would be a first package for a DLC content drop just for IC users to purchase. Take my money

Yes! I’m willing to pay for this update. I’ve donated already and willing to again. Seriously, the April mod is the best and needs to be apart of the official code IMO.

#338 1 year ago

No…hahaha. Stern hasn’t hired me. Studio Zubio has been slammed with animation work and i’m just trying to stay on top of it all.

In regards to code comparability updates…I can tell you that there are technical minds working on supporting 1.53.

With Dwight having rumored that he is adding some more code updates to tmnt…I decided to wait to add any new art and animation updates until the game is called “final”.

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

No…hahaha. Stern hasn’t hired me. Studio Zubio has been slammed with animation work and i’m just trying to stay on top of it all.
In regards to code comparability updates…I can tell you that there are technical minds working on supporting 1.53.
With Dwight having rumored that he is adding some more code updates to tmnt…I decided to wait to add any new art and animation updates until the game is called “final”.

Yes there is a GOD lol this is fantastic news can’t wait your the greatest.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Thank you for the update

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Can't wait to see april again ! Let us know for any updates Scandell !

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Great to hear you haven't given up on it. I for one (if it matters for the code) would choose your mod over an IC. It just adds more to the experience than the IC in my opinion. Can't wait to get her back and see what else you have in store.

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Glad you’re hanging in there! It’s a great mod and can’t wait to see what more you do with it. Other modders are making the new IC work with their mods, so thinking you’ll be able to do the same with your’s. Scandal TMNT mod upgrade really makes a difference imo and makes our stellar games even better. Smart to wait until we know its completely done.

2 weeks later
#344 1 year ago

Thanks SC and partners, look forward to installing!

1 week later
#345 1 year ago

Are we getting closer? Can't wait to play with this mod.

#346 1 year ago

I would like to purchase this mod as well, I am currently on 1.51.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from dymio2:

I would like to purchase this mod as well, I am currently on 1.51.

there is no purchase....Its up to Scandell to give it out. Currently everyone interested or using this mod is waiting for Scandell to do updates with the most current code. As he stated above, he is going to wait until the code is finished. Hope this helps.

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

there is no purchase....Its up to Scandell to give it out. Currently everyone interested or using this mod is waiting for Scandell to do updates with the most current code. As he stated above, he is going to wait until the code is finished. Hope this helps.

We are all excited and eager to get updated.

1 month later
#349 1 year ago

Super keen to get the update as well going. I very much dislike the Imposter April, which is 1.54

2 weeks later
#350 1 year ago

Hi!
Let me apologize for the radio silence!
After an extensive amount of "insider connected" related safety testing we have finally decided to release an updated April O'neil animation mod for your Stern TMNT PRO/PREMIUM/LE pinball machines! WOOT! The last thing we wanted to do was release something that wasn't tested properly....and we didn't want to contribute to your machine getting bricked! That being said...as with all custom amateur mods....use this mod at your own risk.

I am no longer requiring personal requests for download. This is the folder with your software update! Be sure to pick the correct version that matches your installed software version to your TMNT machine. ALSO, be sure to pick the correct PRO vs PREMIUM/LE version.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LHMs54jwqYx1H0Zr85vf7ZWGo78yyg2b?usp=sharing

Please comment in the thread to give the our mod some a publicity boost! It’s also a great place to ask for any assistance if needed.

We do have some planned updates for this mod:

1. A updated visual pass on April's hair style
2. A more spiderverse like toon-shader pass on her rendering.
3. A Baxter Stockman animation remaster

My animation team wants to get back on this project.

Donations for caffeinated beverages that aid in the creating of mods such as this can go to:
PayPal: [email protected]
Venmo: @Stephen-Candell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.00
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.