(Topic ID: 307155)

The April O'Neill Animation MOD for Stern's TMNT (Ninja Turtles)

By Scandell

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230131_195732 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_200325 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230131_201227 (resized).jpg
E307EE3B-E81E-48D8-8B3B-74330EFF7BC6 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
moz (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
3D4618FC-8035-4E98-A4B0-5235C5178A59 (resized).jpeg
31AB3CCE-6E0D-4DDC-8FCF-5FB235950434 (resized).jpeg
F754F8BE-0A00-49BD-A706-672520AEE242 (resized).png
E5E93440-DDEB-4F96-B802-3C8AB06ABDE6 (resized).jpeg
16414281524688798184128357590580 (resized).jpg
16413415220019101477923615978387 (resized).jpg
20220104_091622 (resized).jpg
16410678271491333591553446348254 (resized).jpg
VanSpotted_Final (0-00-01-01) (resized).jpg
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 2 years ago

Amazing work, thanks for taking the time to build this !

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Yeah, it's built in and my PC is ancient so that's why I assume it just went bad.

I'd recommend trying it on another computer. USB drivers and other things could be causing issues.

Also have you tried starting the applications as an Administrator?

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Is there a code to get her naked?

I gotta say...it very rarely shocks me when someone says something completely left field on Pinside anymore...

But I about fell out of my chair on this one.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

I'd recommend trying it on another computer. USB drivers and other things could be causing issues.
Also have you tried starting the applications as an Administrator?

Running as administrator I get half way done and then access denied.

16414281524688798184128357590580 (resized).jpg16414281524688798184128357590580 (resized).jpg
#105 2 years ago

Wow, saw it on Youtube. This is awesome!
(I was one of the guys that pooped in the reveal stream chat if April is a placeholder.)

Only Problem is: It looks TOO good compared to the rest. XD

I really love that April is intended to look like Zombie Yetis artwork.
But if possible I'd love her to have some kind of Cellshading/ Outline Effect, to match the other characters.

TMNT with this suddenly becomes a buying option for me.
(Stern hire this man!!!)

#106 2 years ago

Hello, Amazing !!! Can i the files for that? Thanks

#107 2 years ago

Hello,you use sd card or micro SD card ? Thanks

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmad:

Hello,you use sd card or micro SD card ? Thanks

a normal sd-card fits into the pinball machine. You need to write the image to a standard sd-card or to a micro-sd-card with adapter.
both will work

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Running as administrator I get half way done and then access denied. [quoted image]

On the SD Card, sometimes there is a tiny little switch that you can lock the SD card from being written to. Can you check to see if that is flipped to the Locked icon?

Also try another computer if that doesn't work. Or a second SD Card.

#110 2 years ago

I've tried 2 SD cards, both unlocked. Don't have a 2nd computer to try.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I've tried 2 SD cards, both unlocked. Don't have a 2nd computer to try.

Hey man, PM me your address and I'll ship one out to ya.

#112 2 years ago

Hey man, PM me your address and I'll ship one out to ya.

Actually. Starting this weekend, I will be offering a SD card option with delivery. So I have got this. Also I don't know if you were offering to share the code with him, but again, all access to code in whatever shape or form is to be granted by me.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Actually. Starting this weekend, I will be offering a SD card option with delivery. So I have got this. Also I don't know if you were offering to share the code with him, but again, all access to code in whatever shape or form is to be granted by me.

Good deal.

From his pictures it looked like they already had access to the file. Just was having problems writing it to an SD card. I was only trying to help a fellow TMNT pin owner out.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I was one of the guys that pooped in the reveal stream

#115 2 years ago

I finally got around to flashing an SD Card. I love this mod so much that I have reenabled the free game match option just because of April. It really added a great deal of value to my game.

#116 2 years ago

April as the central announcer, with now matching upgraded animations to match ZY artwork is over the top. Can’t wait for future updates! Enjoying your work Scandell!!

#117 2 years ago

Really liking the new April animations. I've noticed that the speech and April is not synced though. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

#118 2 years ago

Can someone help me with a step-by-step or video of how to download this mod? Do I use a USB? SD? MicroSD? I'm so confused.

Can I use the SD card that came with the game? Or do I need another one?

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Can someone help me with a step-by-step or video of how to download this mod? Do I use a USB? SD? MicroSD? I'm so confused.
Can I use the SD card that came with the game? Or do I need another one?

Very simple process, at least it should be:
1. Use new separate 8GB or 16GB SD card. (Never using USB port on the Spike 2 board)
2. Download Etcher: then burn Scandell’s (PM Scandell for file) downloaded file on your computer to SD card following the Etcher program 3 steps.
3. Take out Stern SD card from top of Spike 2 board and insert newly burned SD card instead. (Micro SD card may be used, if inserted into standard SD card mount.)

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Really liking the new April animations. I've noticed that the speech and April is not synced though. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Well. They WERE synced but then someone at Stern altered the voices during the last 1.5 code update. I’m suspicious….

#121 2 years ago

Just installed this code on my friends game, and I think it looks great! A+ work man. Must do mod for sure.

#122 2 years ago

Super painless install. I used Etcher on Windows and had no issue. April looks AMAZING!

E5E93440-DDEB-4F96-B802-3C8AB06ABDE6 (resized).jpegE5E93440-DDEB-4F96-B802-3C8AB06ABDE6 (resized).jpeg
#123 2 years ago

Is this the girl from the movies?

F754F8BE-0A00-49BD-A706-672520AEE242 (resized).pngF754F8BE-0A00-49BD-A706-672520AEE242 (resized).png
#124 2 years ago

That woman was maybe born in the year the first movie was made

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That woman was maybe born in the year the first movie was made

She's also a "Adult" actress

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

She's also a "Adult" actress

Those are the best kind! Child actors aren't very good at acting yet.

#127 2 years ago

It would be cool if the original poster could delete comments in their threads…

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Those are the best kind! Child actors aren't very good at acting yet.

Seriously though, do you actually think about what you are saying before you type?

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Seriously though, do you actually think about what you are saying before you type?

Sometimes. I'll admit it wasn't a very good joke but it went waaaay over your head

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

How do I sign up for this? I’d be super into this. I tried twice and couldn’t get the flash to the SD card done right. Same as other poster, multiple cards didn’t work on my laptop.

Please share more information if you do decide to ship out SD cards.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

How do I sign up for this? I’d be super into this. I tried twice and couldn’t get the flash to the SD card done right. Same as other poster, multiple cards didn’t work on my laptop.
Please share more information if you do decide to ship out SD cards.

Pm me

#132 2 years ago

i dont have a TMNT but this custom stuff makes me want to get one... im a techie, so i have zero artist skills... amazing work!

#133 2 years ago

Impressive work!

#134 2 years ago

Got mine up and running last night, great stuff

#135 2 years ago

Fantastic work,donation sent!

#136 2 years ago

Hello Can i format and take the sd card on the machine ? Thx.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmad:

Hello Can i format and take the sd card on the machine ? Thx.

You could, but I think it's safer and more convenient to use a separate SD card just for this mod - they're $10 for a 16GB card. Then you can swap between them whenever you want (even though I can't imagine downgrading from this mod).

#138 2 years ago

Any chance you could do the turtles now?

Amazing work, so good in fact I am looking for a Pro again.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any chance you could do the turtles now?
Amazing work, so good in fact I am looking for a Pro again.

Glad to hear it. Adjust your flipper coil strengths and this came is amazing.

#140 2 years ago

We’ve hit 200 downloads. Crazy. Special thanks to those…ahem…few of you who have donated to our team’s caffeine hydration.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

We’ve hit 200 downloads. Crazy. Special thanks to those…ahem…few of you who have donated to our team’s caffeine hydration.

I’ll donate once I can find a game

Out of curiosity how long has it taken to do the April animations? And how long would it take to animate an entire game say on par with TMNT?

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Quoted from Scandell:

It would be cool if the original poster could delete comments in their threads…

I remember you, you were the one losing your mind in the old dr threads about IP.
Have you considered working for Disney with your fanatical obsessed with iron fist control over IP.
You’ve got a weird holier-than-thou complex ranting about “IP theft” while simultaneously playing around *unauthorized* with Stern’s code and animations. You even make reference that Stern is probably aware, purposefully altering their code to thwart your unauthorized mod efforts.

Quoted from Scandell:

Well. They WERE synced but then someone at Stern altered the voices during the last 1.5 code update. I’m suspicious….

Interesting.
Asking for donations and handing out the mod “for free” just so you can technically claim you’re not profiteering off stolen IP assets is pretty lame. Perhaps you’ve actually worked out a deal yourself to license model work on April from Nickelodeon?

You do amazing work, @scandell, but your attitude towards the entire mod community is paradoxical and hypocritical. They work on boutique levels that are small enough that they typically don’t violate IP rules, and they help support an extremely dedicated community that solidifies Stern’s long term outlook.
Hopefully things go well for you and you can get picked up by Stern or Spooky. Should you be hired by a large pinball manufacturer, you should be thankful and benevolence towards modders.

Great work so far, hopefully you will reap the fruits of your labor!

#143 2 years ago

This is hands down the coolest mod I have ever seen. Great work!

#144 2 years ago

Great mod! The two balls locked April animation is pretty epic!

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hopefully things go well for you and you can bounce back from the dr fiasco and get picked up by Stern or Spooky.

This narrative you have constructed from my posts on the Deeproot thread is a complete fantasy. Although I think I could have been better about communicating in that thread. I was standing from a different pov than most of those employees that had been under the shadow of that horrible company for many years. (I was there for 3 months)I was in a situation where I was financially independent fromRobert so I was able to be more bold and share information about the mishandlings of that company.

Not looking for a job. Don’t need to bounce back from anything. Completely financially successful and our studio is killing it.

We made this mod cause I love pinball and I love this game and thought it should be improved upon. Not much more to it than that.

We’d love to have Stern or American or Spooky as a client. Cause we love pinball. But it’s not essential to our business model.

But thanks for bringing the pinside little-information/high-opinion vibe into this thread.

#146 2 years ago

Is this what people are talking about when they say there is more drama than you realize in the pinball community?

#147 2 years ago

Yes.

Is this what people are talking about when they say there is more drama than you realize in the pinball community?

#148 2 years ago

Where’s the nudity? Not into the anime stuff.

31AB3CCE-6E0D-4DDC-8FCF-5FB235950434 (resized).jpeg31AB3CCE-6E0D-4DDC-8FCF-5FB235950434 (resized).jpeg
#149 2 years ago

I’d love Scandell to rework the turtles I’d happy donate more than once for that, maybe found a TMNT now

#150 2 years ago

Love Scandell’s work! New found enjoyment of TMNT since he did the April mod. Donated, but will do more, with more modding. Scandell’s work blows away the pitiful Stern effort for April. Who cares about pinball drama of the past. Let’s go forward in 2022 and hopefully we can get more wonderful mods done by scandell. Donating a little for this free effort by Scandell would help not only him, but all of us. Stern would be wise to engage his group. It is next level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
$ 22.00
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-april-o-neill-animation-mod-for-stern-s-tmnt-ninja-turtles-/page/3?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.