By mfresh

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,

I've been talking to country music star Carlene Carter who is the voice of Red in Red and Ted's Roadshow.

If you're interested in how she came to be immortalised on a Pat Lawlor machine, you can find out here:

http://pavlovpinball.com/the-amazing-story-behind-roadshows-red/

Cheers,

Paul

#2 8 years ago

Thanks Paul. I will check it out, since I just got a real nice Road Show.

#3 8 years ago

Congratulations. It's a really fun and underrated game I reckon. It's one that you keep coming back to for just one more go.

#4 8 years ago

RS is a top 20 pin imo. Severely underrated becuase of a song? It's not even that bad of a song!

#5 8 years ago

its a fantastic game - and killer value at the price it goes for. Perhaps its the country music theme - and the fact that some don't like Red and Ted (creepiness factor?) Who knows... If its your cup of tea, be glad that you can get a game on this level for in the $2k's.

#6 8 years ago

cute article! nicely done!

#7 8 years ago

Nice article! I don't think Red & Ted are creepy at all, they provide a fun dynamic to the game.

#8 8 years ago

"for the record, if Stern, Jersey Jack or Heighway (but probably not Skit-B) fancy making a Carlene Carter machine then Pavlov Pinball will be the first to put down a pre-payment."

Ba-dum-tshh

Actually the article is pretty cool. The weird thing was that I noticed Carlene Carter credited on this machine a week or so ago and was wondering if it was some sort of pseudonym or road/car joke. Good to know shes's real!

#9 8 years ago

My daughter pointed out the other day that it was weird than Red on the translite with her long blond hair looks so different to the talking one on the playfield with short brown hair! Had never noticed...

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

My daughter pointed out the other day that it was weird than Red on the translite with her long blond hair looks so different to the talking one on the playfield with short brown hair! Had never noticed...

Um...it's RED hair on both the translite and PF.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Um...it's RED hair on both the translite and PF.

Mine looks brunette on pf, dirty blonde on backglass, blonde on rear cabinet.

#12 8 years ago

Thanks for the write up, Paul. Enjoyed reading it (as always).

#13 8 years ago

Cool! I actually have always wondered what the story was with Carlene in Road Show...not being a country fan, I always thought it was super random -but I love her voice & the music in the game.

Road Show FOREVER!
(and remember to get a ColorDMD for it!)

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

Mine looks brunette on pf, dirty blonde on backglass, blonde on rear cabinet.

Oh, it does look blonde on the head...different shades of red for translite and PF.

10 months later
#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Road Show FOREVER!
(and remember to get a ColorDMD for it!)

Funnily enough I just took the ColorDMD out of my RoadShow to put in Twilight Zone, and the difference is huge without a ColorDMD. I am a big fan of ColorDMDs, and I think RoadShow is probably one of the games that benefits the most from having one - certainly in my collection. Orange dots: meh. ColorDMD: the graphics are amazing!

#16 8 years ago

Has anyone installed a pinsound board in RS to change out the music? Maybe turn it into a rocking game?

#17 8 years ago

Nice article, many thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-amazing-story-behind-red-from-pat-lawlors-roadshow-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.