IMG_E4558 (resized).JPG
rubberpostcap (resized).JPG
detail (resized).JPG
playfield screws (resized).JPG
image.jpg
WP_20150518_19_04_23_Pro.jpg
WP_20150518_19_04_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20150518_19_04_39_Pro.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

New Topic: Revamping my Amazing Spiderman Flippers.

Moved to system 80 club thread... can be deleted.

Thanks!

Stephen

2 months later
#39 6 years ago

I am planning on replacing the metal acorn nuts with rubber barrel caps to hold down the plastics. I have them on my recently acquired Paragon and think they look great, and would like to do the same on my Gottleib Spiderman.

When counting them up though, I noticed that some plastics are held down with screws instead of the posts with acorn nuts. I thought they may have just been repairs, but after checking a few online pictures, I see that many of them are consistent on other playfields. I have 11, of which 3 look like they should have the post/caps; however there are 8 of them that look like originally screws were used. 2 in the top A/B lanes in photo, 2 over the special target/left hand B lane, 2 by the spinner, and 2 over the right side exit lane.

Any idea why they used screws instead of posts with caps? I'm thinking about replacing the screws with posts/caps for consistency (although I never really noticed the difference before).

Do others have screws instead if posts in those locations? Has anyone replaced the screws with post/caps? Has anyone replaced the metal acorn nuts with rubber caps?

playfield screws (resized).JPGplayfield screws (resized).JPG
detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG
rubberpostcap (resized).JPGrubberpostcap (resized).JPG

2 months later
#40 5 years ago

.pdf of Gottlieb Amazing Spiderman user manual can be found here:

http://www.gametronik.com/site/fiche/pinmame/Spiderman/

I knew there was one out there somewhere, 'cause I have a copy.

2 years later
#43 3 years ago

Had mine for 18... rebuilt the flippers a few years ago and replaced all the rubbers and changed the shooter spring... all super fast now. But I don’t think I have yet to roll it. 2 for Ottawa !!

75941E4C-7D5E-4B9A-A052-042B0A8A3459 (resized).jpeg75941E4C-7D5E-4B9A-A052-042B0A8A3459 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#45 3 years ago

Nice! And in Ottawa! I was a big Hulk fan growing up. Ironically sold my Hulk comic collection and bought my Paragon with the proceeds ... Hulk 181 vs Paragon pinball. Was a hard decision.

1 month later
#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

My high score made it to 853,650

Made it over 900... can’t remember specifically because it got reset at some point... but still no roll.

#48 3 years ago

Btw... there’s a Facebook Gottlieb Spider-Man Group if you haven’t found it yet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3417885811626550/?ref=share

#49 3 years ago

Some time ago I pulled a bunch of random pictures together to fake a Spider-Man comic cover for my switch cover plate. I looked for an existing Spider-Man cover to print and use and none had open space near the middle so I made my own and threw in the Gottlieb logo too. I added a switch to the receptacle that my pins are plugged into so I can turn them all on and off at once. Also protects them from power surges ... if there’s no power in the receptacle, it can’t damage my machines . I just played with sizing until it printed out the right size and then printed it on sticker paper and slapped it on the light switch (peeling a bit now)

994EECFB-20B1-456C-B878-2D1BC228AD1E (resized).jpeg994EECFB-20B1-456C-B878-2D1BC228AD1E (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#51 3 years ago

My Spider-Man randomly reboots within a few minutes after starting up. After it restarts sound doesn’t work. Checking it out tonight... voltage levels seem pretty good. 5V sitting around 4.8V... wouldn’t think that’s low enough to trigger a reboot. When I push the test button on sound card a few times it eventually triggers the restart and test button doesn’t trigger any sound. Anyone have something similar before and point me in some direction... sound card triggering restart on mpu? Or mpu restarting and messing up sound card?

4 months later
#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackghost4:

The 5 volts should be at least at 5.2 volts. Also it might be your interconnect adapter.

oops never closed up on this one cause more people responded in Facebook group. yes, best thing is monitor the voltage on other circuit boards , not power board; and adjust pot on power board until supplies on other boards are at 5 volts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-amazing-spider-man-club?tu=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.