image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Does anyone have an event schedule? The webpage is very vague. I guess I have a few questions I will throw out for you guys.
Is Free Play only setup on Fridays?
Is there an auction on either day?
Do they have tournaments on either day?
Are games only for sale on certain days?
What fees are involved if making a purchase?
Sorry for all of the questions, being a first timer attending this event I want to make sure I know certain things in advance.

I second all of these questions. My first time as well.........

3 weeks later
#482 8 years ago

I've heard in the past that someone at the show installs nvram. Is this true?

#484 8 years ago

Well I hope he's coming this year! Thanks for the info!!!!

2 weeks later
#755 8 years ago

I know boryguard wont be there, but is anyone else there who can install nvram?

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Eabundy posted a reply to your original post, from 2 weeks ago asking if anyone could.

Thanks man.... Missed it!

2 weeks later
#1261 8 years ago

edit: nevermind, i went to the site and saw the others.... can we pre-order the other designs?

1 week later
#1568 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Jack from Pinball Enthusiast will be there selling glass. No need to pre-order. Direct quote from Jack, there will be plenty of glass there for both days.

Question.... How do you get it back? I assume that there is no packaging? You just bring a blanket and throw it in the back of your car/truck?

#1697 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wife and I just got to play Game of thrones, Spidey Vault and Ghostbusters.

Damn. I should have hitched a ride with you. How were the games?

#1779 7 years ago

Still sitting outside.... Google maps says 1.5 hour backup on 81 and 95 is a disaster..... Sigh. Guess I'm going back in!

#1780 7 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Looking for a budweiser tapper arcade, I'm leaving sat morning if someone has one pm me. Ready to buy.

Saw some sort of tapper conversion.... No price though and the bottom of the cab was rough.

#1781 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Still hoping to find a GoT pro this weekend Seems there are a few at the show

Yes, no shortage for sure.

#1875 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

That was an absolutely amazing pin; was blown away by how new it looked!

I was amazed by this.... Bop 2.0 was easily one of the top games there. Stunning and fantastic gameplay

#1880 7 years ago

Butch- what happened to those machines? I heard power issues fried most of those games on the back wall.

#1884 7 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Give me a pm. I'm fixing pins at the show today free. Just pay for the parts.

BIG SHOTOUT to EABUNDY!!!

Brought my CPU and he swapped out the ram for a socket (he even gave me a socket as i lost mine) in about 5 minutes. A true professional, he was fast and a very nice guy. He was even able to get the old RAM out without bending a pin, im pretty sure i can re-use it if i wanted to. When i caught-up with him he was elbow deep in a Bad Cats with some power issues.

Thanks again sir! I can finally power on my WW without having to reset everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1903 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No em for you... You Show up and don't let people know :p

???????

#1919 7 years ago

Awesome! Im so glad i got to play this machine. BoP 2.0 is definitely on my bucket list.

#2086 7 years ago

Repair corner would be great!!!!

#2088 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Mid-show, how would games get to the repair corner? Those isles get quite crowded... Would machines "queue in place" in the FP area awaiting their turn in the corner (i.e., sitting there turned off when broke like presently happens) or would the corner be a space large enough to garage all the machines waiting repair?

Ok, how about a board repair corner? Just to do the most common fixes, nvram install, trace repair, caps, transistors, un-hacking boards, etc. That way there are no machines moving in and out all the time.

Quoted from rkahr:

Why would the pricing for repair service at a show be any different than in-home?... especially if demand for repair exceeded capacity in the corner?

Obviously, there would be no shipping costs. Repair pricing could have "show pricing" or maybe standard pricing on fixes; $20 to install NVRAM, $10 to replace a cap, etc. 99% of the board guys charge per hour. So even if it is a quick fix, they still bill for the whole hour to make it worth their time. Its the main reason alot of people choose not to install NVRAM, but wait until they need some other board work done. If charging a flat rate, i feel like people would be more willing to bring boards.

Thoughts?

#2091 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic New England will have Allan Davidson with all his test fixtures doing board repair. His business is called Ardvark pinball he will have 2 booths. He is very good and reasonable doing all kinds of board work.
We are also working on a well known traveling repair person to set up a repair area on Wednesday and Thursday before the show. Fix the game and put it into free play or pimp it out and put it in free play. Discounted repairs for game going in free play. Stay tuned.

See how easy that was? LOL, thats great news!

#2102 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I heard they're changing it to BITCHFEST next year.

LMAO, true statement...... For the record i was not complaining, i was trying to think of new ideas to help other pinsiders.

Quoted from JeffF:

To the people saying they would like a repair corner... how about you find the repair people and get a booth and then advertise these repair services? Take some initiative and some load off Ivan and crew and contribute yourselves. You can organize the repair techs and the people needing repairs. Start getting the word out a month or two before the show and set yourselves up for an event full of repairs.
Have an "emergency repair crew" that helps with repairs on the floor too if you want.
These are great ideas, just don't leave it to the organizers. People say WE should bring games to make the show better, YOU should help the organizers by volunteering yourself imho.

Im thinking about it actually......... we should re-visit this topic in a few months when we are closer to next years Pinfest. Id actually be interested in seeing how it works out at Pintastic.

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Have an "emergency repair crew" that helps with repairs on the floor too if you want.

We had one there this year: EABUNDY

He was working on a line of machines on the back wall. Really saved my day!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread?tu=lurch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.