image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackofdiamonds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 8 years ago

HEY-OOOOO

Williams EMs
Stardust
Grand Prix
Swinger
Will "settle" for a Recel Lady luck
But I REALLY want a Stardust

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! pins, food and chicks!!!

def pins and food.If you said cargo shorts or XXL T-Shirts you'd be spot on.

1 month later
#402 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

No, impossible to find new. Possible used from Todd tuckey or George Riley.

WHOA!!!!!!

RGPs most wanted!!!!

1 week later
#506 8 years ago

Any Williams EMs?
Hoping for a Stardust.

1 month later
#2101 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

bitching so much about small things you are never gonna change.

I heard they're changing it to BITCHFEST next year.

oh and no chicks,especially since you could get distracted and lose some WPPR points.

#2132 7 years ago

I appreciate the fact that y'all appreciate whats left of pinball.Which aint much.so stop complaining

#2142 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are on to something here.
Maybe the problem with the show isn't the people who bring games - it's the low $17 fee that draws in entitled cheapskates who don't contribute to the show yet think they "know what a show is all about ."
Maybe these sweeping reforms everybody is proposing should be aimed at the general showgoers, not the people who actually bring games and have to put up with this nonsense.
If elected, I will institute these reforms:
1. Higher entry fee. $17 is way too cheap, it draws in entitled cheapskates, and doesn't provide enough incentive for people to bring games. At $25 or $30 to get in the show, people like gate crasher will surely be more likely to bring in games to save on admission.
2. Early leave fee. If you want to leave the show before 5 pm, you have to pay $10 "exit fee" since fewer people in attendance hurts the show. In addition, people who stay till 8pm will get a $10 "attendance refund."
3. No bitching pizza party. Attendees who don't bitch and moan about there not being enough late model DMDs to play - and sign a "complacency oath" agreeing not whine online about the lack of 5 AFMs to play will be eligible for a special post-show pizza party.
I think these proposals, if adopted, would greatly improve the show and address the biggest problem: entitled know it alls who think their measly $17 fee justifies their overall negative impact in the show. They will help adjust and balance the show and overall raise it's tone and make it better for everyone.

I think 30 dollars is reasonable price.Norefunds.Just price compare other "trade shows" it's totally within reason.

As far as DMD games go what everyone really wants is the B/W games.Well that stuff has been picked through and gets less and less every year.You want DMDs?Try to get multiple titles of NIB stuff.Because those 90s DMDs are fading with every day month year.

Just on observation of conventions of any kind,even if you're a plumber,go the first day because it always the best day.

Allentown has always been a mini vacation for me.I start early and go as long as I can.And I keep going back. Good times.Sorry I missed it this year?

2 weeks later
#2217 7 years ago

Fantastic and happy ending

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I wouldn't necessarily say "happy ending"? At least not yet.
I'm hoping I'll like it in Allentown.
I really like it here in Chicago so the move wasn't something I decided to do without a lot of thought.
That's why I plan to rent a house at least for the first year.

Well the food choices in Allentown are not great,I mean Chicago is on a different level then Allentown food wise..Pennsylvania does have a healthy pinball market,Seems like good deals and lots of used games.

First world problems.......

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stay away from a place called "The Brass Rail." I got a bad meatball there a couple years ago that had me puking outside the entrance to the Holland Tunnel as people swerved to avoid my puke.

And I was driving......good times.You say meatballs but I think it was the Austin Powers pin.That would make anybody sick.

#2226 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was most certainly the meatball.
Sorry I puked on your truck.

All good,so worth it.Always a good time at Pinfest.Back then it was the pinball wizards convention.Cool

#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

hoagies and cheese steaks too.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

sausage smothered in Italian beef on a hoagie style roll. One big massive masterpiece of a sandwich. Fratillo's is good too.

you'll be fine in Allentown.All the food is the same color:Brown, and if its not,they will put something brown on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackofdiamonds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread?tu=jackofdiamonds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.