Topic Stats

• 2,277 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 744 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

whoops2_(resized).jpg
whoops1_(resized).jpg
beating-a-dead-horse_(resized).png
ar131309148510904_(resized).jpg
myphoto_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

you motherf$$$$, I mean...
Wasn't Mothers day weekend last year too?

Last year (2015), mother's day was May 10th, and the show was on May 1-2.

This year (2016), mother's day is on May 8th, and the show is May 6-7. It just happens to work out where that it's the second Sunday of the month, but the first full weekend of the month.

may-2015_(resized).pngmay-2016_(resized).png

2 weeks later
#150 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...educate me. What's the difference?

The boardset gets replaced with a P3-ROC boardset, and the game is turned into a DMD game with new rules, sounds, and animations.

1 week later
#193 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Why doesn't Allentown get listed as an event on the events page? I thought that happened last year also.

The organizer(s) simply haven't taken the iniative to do so on their own.

2 weeks later
#269 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I love the meat sticks at the farmer's market called landyeagers (sp?) I thought that he pizza at the place just inside the door to the market was pretty good. MOJO, did you buy yours at the show food stand? Nice people, but the food's not so hot.

It's "Landjäger".

It's really good...it can be quite addictive.

Karl Ehmer shops also make it--there's a few of them scattered throughout the northeast--there's one in NYC, a couple somewhere in NY outside of the city, one somewhere in CT and another in NJ.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I got mine at the food stand at the show. Not the farmers market.

The first year I went, I did the same. Yecch.

The farmer's market sure has quite a lot of options available.

1 week later
#385 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i don't see the hotel stuff on the pinfest site like last year. it was 99 bucks a night. there's a lot of pages to scroll through here so if anyone could give me the scoop that would be great. also is this the a-town for sale thread too?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread/page/7#post-3008945

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Will anyone have new playfield glass for Haunted House & Spirit ?

Quoted from shlockdoc:

No, impossible to find new. Possible used from Todd tuckey or George Riley.

If you want new widebody glass, you'll probably have to go to a local glass shop and get your own sheet of tempered glass cut.

Some shops have a minimum order by square feet or per sheet, and some shops vary in price (so be sure to shop around). I've heard prices anywhere between $28 and $55 to get a single sheet cut.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Playfield_Glass_Sizes

2 weeks later
#544 3 years ago

I have a Judge Dredd playfield I was thinking about selling. I was saving it for a potential restore, but considering I have more than enough projects right now, it's just taking up space and I don't really need it.

It's partially populated--it has most of the ball guides as well as the panel with the cityscape at the rear of the playfield, wood rails, plus a few other minor parts. No paint wear, but two minor problem areas--some minor wear on the lip of the VUK hole under the deadworld planet, and a few dings--the worst on the glove near the flippers. Colors are bright--no fade.

$300 (+$65 if you want it shipped)

I can bring it to Allentown/Pinfest with a deposit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32561

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Might make the trip out to the show this year, to clarify, Thursday is setup only day and vendors are allowed in to play and not the public? So Fri and Sat are the open to the public days? Website was a little confusing in how it displayed that.

Yes, thurs is setup; fri & sat are open to the public.

1 week later
#743 3 years ago
Quoted from mcandrew:

Is the Wide WPC glass the same size as Gottlieb HH & BH? Id also be interested in a used glass for BH or HH, if anyone is bringing one.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

WPC games used glass and a translite. System 80 games used an actual screen-printed backglass (no translite).

1 week later
#905 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I'm in the same boat as you, first timer. From what I read, there will be vendors aplenty, some will have true real deals, others will have small discounts. All of them will waive their shipping costs. So for example, Cointaker LEDs might cost a little more at the show than on their website, but you don't have any shipping charges to pay.

I was planning on picking up a set of ramps at the show. They're big, so I'll save a bit on shipping

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Given the nature of the last few pages.. Is Allentown more of a swap meet kind of show vs playing pinball / talks? Looking at the map, the free play area is dwarfed by vendor area seeming to confirm this as well. Just curious.

A lot of pins & parts change hands prior to the show as well as at the show.

There's easily 200 games set up at the show.

#999 3 years ago

whyareweallsuddentlywritingsentenceswithoutspaces

1 week later
#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Could you list the prices and conditions? Thanks.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Couple of pictures of the Buccaneer that will be in the inside flea market. Working machine needs new rubber and a couple of bulbs. $650.

IMG_5902_(resized).JPGIMG_5897_(resized).JPGIMG_5898_(resized).JPGIMG_5899_(resized).JPGIMG_5903_(resized).JPGIMG_5905_(resized).JPG

Does it have a lot of ears on the game?

It must have...after all, it's a buck an ear!

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just voicing my thoughts, but this is unfortunate in my opinion. The spread sheet and threads like this should be considered grandfathered/tradition,

You are perfectly welcome to do both...as long as the item/game is listed in the marketplace first if it's going to be posted somewhere on the forums. Then all you have to do is just post the link to the marketplace ad in the regional/event FS threads or that spreadsheet.

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

not sure I understand what you mean with the pic of the pop ups

A lot of websites are ad-supported (side bar ads, pop up ads, etc). Pinside does not have ads, thanks to the donations that keep it alive.

Quoted from rcbrown316:

Please explain why.
RB

Because Robin requested it since it helps support pinside. Also, it helps keep the FS/WTB ads searchable for other members, helps build the estimated price range for pins in the database, plus a few other side benefits.

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

as I suspected it's about money. I have no issue with that honestly but I do have an issue where I have made 2 donations. The first one was recognized but is over a year old and the second was not and is less than a year old. I have sent two messages to the contact link on the bottom of this page, both with no response. I just sold congo as a result of posting it here and am ready to pay the fee but there is a discount listed for members who donate. I sent them a message and have still not received a response. If it's about money to support the site great but if they can't respond and accept my money when it's sitting there I'm not sure what else I should do. List more stuff? make more donations?

Try PMing Robin directly. It's possible that an email ended up in a spam folder by mistake.

#1493 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This is why I will never donate to the site again. I did so to support the website. Now that it's become a business, I'll only give money when I sell something. which isn't often.

It's still the same site. Robin and Martjin simply work on it full time now, instead of just in their spare time since it got so big.

Donations help keep the site alive and go to help develop and improve site features. A few extra perks are available to those who donate a certain amount: https://pinside.com/pinball/donate

Donations are completely voluntary, so you are perfectly free to donate (or not) as you wish.

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Thursday is setup only.

If you're bringing a game, a lot of pre-sale deals go down between the folks who bring games for setup. Plus a lot of pre-show deals have happened right here in this thread (and other allentown threads).

#1808 3 years ago

This coil went kablooie

20160506102748395_(resized).jpg

#1813 3 years ago

The really nice & chromed out BK2000 was back again this year

20160506101956825_(resized).jpg20160506102022543_(resized).jpg20160506102005993_(resized).jpg20160506102010714_(resized).jpg

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Anyone see a nice Doctor Who pin at the show?

There was one, but I only ever saw it with a sold sign and the backbox folded down.

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from thebman80:

So tired... like 7.8 miles of walking today lol. So pissed I missed the Atari pinball CPU I went to get something from someone and the seller was no where to be found. Came back he was there and someone JUST bought it.

I grabbed a couple, and I saw two other folks walking around with others.

If you're really desperate for one in order to bring a game back to life, feel free to give me a holler. I'll be at the show all day.

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Was it just me or did it seam like a lot of early SS and Em games were leveled to flat. Some games I could have sworn the ball was going rolling away from me???

Yeah, I noticed the same.

I actually had to adjust the levelers on my game significantly on the show floor for it to play like it did at home.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

That was an absolutely amazing pin; was blown away by how new it looked!

Yep, it sure did look real nice. The modded pop bumper caps really lit up that normally dark area. And the translucent rubbers were a nice touch.

20160506110750425_(resized).jpg20160506110803258_(resized).jpg20160506110757969_(resized).jpg20160506110814006_(resized).jpg

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm pretty sure the ones you are talking about were from Rockland Pinball. They were part of his for sale stuff. Guess they ran out of room at his paid space. Not part of the free play games.

Yeah, that cluster of games was in the rockland pinball booth.

#1858 3 years ago

Here's that roached FH for $2200

20160507091322746_(resized).jpg

20160507091330503_(resized).jpg

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I could be wrong, but for some reason I think that's the guy that owns rock fantasy. I had to do a double take myself, I thought it was JPop too for a second

I did a double-take too, lol

#1914 3 years ago

I actually didn't play a whole lot of games this year--mainly had fun catching up up with folks, meeting new faces, and putting some faces to names of other fellow pinsiders

There were a healthy number of pins out on friday, and it seemed like quite a number of attendees on both days.

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I had the same feeling. Had mine on all day Friday. Forgot it Saturday.

I saw a small handful of folks with them.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Surprisingly the games got a lot of play on Thursday.they were the bonebusters, rock, and deadly weapon

They are all uncommon games that rarely make public appearances. It was a treat to be able to get a few flips on them.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Did the special force sell? anyone know

If you mean the one on the free play floor, I saw the backbox open someone counting cash out on the playfield glass on Saturday. Pretty sure it sold. I saw the tag marked down to $700. Tempting, but the artwork on the cab and playfield were a little rough. It seemed to play fairly well, though.

There was a headless body in the fleamarket for a while for $150. It disappeared on saturday, so I assume someone nabbed it too.

#2003 3 years ago

I just looked at the play meter for my game--188 on Saturday.

Unfortunately, I don't have numbers for Friday since I forgot to reconnect the play meter after I finished shopping it

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The weirdest thing happened to me at pinfest....
A guy I didn't recognize locked eyes with me as I was on my way to the van on Friday and said "HEY! How come you didn't respond to my message on Facebook about the Jungle Queen?"
"Sorry man. I didn't get any message."
"I SENT YOU A MESSAGE ON FACEBOOk !"
That was the conversation. For the record I never got any message on Facebook. And that game ended up as a retail sale and I sold it before the show anyway. That was odd.
There were several other jungle queen and princess games available at the show - my friend bought one. Phone numbers and emails are also on the spreadsheet - people shouldn't depend on Facebook.

Sometimes messages from people not on your friends list end up in a semi-hidden "other" folder, rather than the message inbox. It's annoying.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

That repair corner is the best idea I've heard yet. I had one pin break down twice played great before I loaded it on the trailer. Thanks to Pingeezer for his help and the knowledge I gained.

A repair corner is a good idea in theory, however, stocking the right parts for a large variety of games and game systems might be a little tough.

I have parts, electronic components, connectors, and various tools in order to work on games from 7 different manufactures and 16 different game systems. I need to keep quite a lot of stuff in stock to work on all those. I imagine a repair corner would need to be prepared to handle double that. And that is quite a lot of parts and expertise that would need to be on-hand. A few people would basically have to uproot a decent chunk of their repair shop.

Then, diagnostic equipment and test rigs might be necessary to help diagnose board issues.

Not to say that it wouldn't be feasible, but just that it would be a challenging endeavor.

#2075 3 years ago

Haha, just trying to be practical here

#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Can't remember if I saw this or note...is ColorDMD providing an incentive to Pintastic folks this year?

Probably should ask that in one of the Pintastic threads...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charleston, WV
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
€ 6.50
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside