image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#913 8 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

I'm new as well. Just picked up my first machine in November and am really looking forward to the Allentown show. Planning on being there all day Friday.
Just one thing...obviously a lot of you guys have been in the hobby for a while. Please remember that some of are are new and really have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to machines by a set of initials...the full names of games would be very helpful to those of us still trying to get our feet wet. (Thanx)

They've done a great job with this website. With a lot of the initials for machines, if you run your cursor over it, the name and year of the machine will show up. It took me awhile to figure that out. I'm a bit slow with this type of stuff.

1 week later
#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Happy Holiday Pinside; to celebrate and start the 2 week countdown, here's a song for my crew;
There's a man in the van and his name is Dan, and he'll lead us on a journey to the promised land, Where the dogs will lay and the pinheads will play, as we're taking in the scenery out in Ol' PA . Allentown, Allentown, Allentown.
Well the sun shining bright it's a wondrous thing, as we arrive at our friend Ron’s for a pre-event thing. But the sun's going down, better catch it today, come tomorrow, we'll be headed out another way. Allentown, Allentown, Allentown.
We got Red at the wheel and through the valley we'll go, Gotta get our passes to the great pin show. Gotta find the right spot, Gotta get there real soon. You know there’s only so much a circuit Judge can do. Allentown, Allentown, Allentown.
The market to my left, flashy lights to my right, you know it elevates my conscience to a new found height. As we’re rolling away, we all wish we could stay, to see the sunset one more time out in Ol' PA. Allentown, Allentown, Allentown

<<clapping>> Very good!

3 weeks later
#2164 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Walk-through video:
» YouTube video

I've watched this a few times now. How in the hell could anybody possibly have anything to bitch about at a show like this? Holy smokes, it looks like a great time! Folks, just enjoy life, have fun, and enjoy the pinball!

#2182 7 years ago

So if it's a choice between a seller being able to bring a game and stay only one day, versus the seller not showing up at all because they will be chastised and ridiculed for leaving early, which would you rather have? Which makes it a better show? You could certainly make a rule that states a person has to leave the machine set up for the entire show, and if you can't or are unwilling to do that, don't bother to come at all. But I'm not sure that benefits anybody, as you run the risk of having less machines available for people to play, along with a much smaller show.

I understand the frustration of having less machines on the second day. But it's not like the show just started this year and people don't expect that to happen. People attending the show for the first time may have to figure it out, but people that have been regular attendees already know the routine.

I guess what I'm saying is that the current system works. It's not perfect, but nothing is going to be perfect. Or if it is perfect, just expect it to be much smaller than it is.

My last thought is that it's great for people to be involved and passionate, and to be throwing around all sorts of ideas. Just don't be offended if your idea isn't implemented, and don't be offended by people offering up ideas. Yeah, as the show organizer, it gets old real fast hearing suggestions from everybody. I get that. But you want people to be engaged and interested, and maybe one idea out of the hundred is a good one. You don't want to risk not hearing that one great idea that you never thought of.

Trust me, I get this same thing in my business. Everyone is a golf pro. Everyone is a golf course owner. Do this, do that, why not this.....on and on and on every day. Some days I say 'thank you' and leave it at that. Other days I'll engage the person. And every so often, it's a brilliant idea that is easy to implement, and it makes sense for my facility. There are days it does get old. But it would be awfully lonely if nobody were here talking about my course.

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

uggghh these are the longest posts for a fun show. No show? show? no show? show? i take show and enjoy it. Of course i would happily come to anyone else's show they start so we can see how they really make a success of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.