image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago

I will be their supporting the show. Bringing a few games for free play maybe a color dmd game. Ivan and crew are a awesome bunch of guys.

Lets make this year a huge show in memory of Ivans mom. I know its going to be specially hard for him since the show is on mothers day weekend and all. I for one will miss seeing her smile as we all come in.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

here we are
11156320_10153535622434316_4659991344723687374_n_(resized).jpg11068304_10102049120133757_5890617803682730783_n_(resized).jpg

Is the karaoke fotage on their?

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Nope. This will refresh your memory though....
When it's time to party, we will party hard!
» YouTube video

Thanks that was some funny shit for sure!

1 week later
#81 8 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Omfg LOL....
@yzfguy... I am going to have a kissing booth... Go to the Pingraffix booth and get a kiss from Pinupgirl1975 whaddayathink !!!

Your going to put Beelzeboob kissing booth out of business.

1 week later
#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Hamilton blvd next to Comfort Suites

Sweet cant wait for this show to see all my good friends!

2 weeks later
#245 8 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

+1 on the Farmers Market, great food! I bring home farm fresh meats and cheeses every year. Avoid the food inside the show, I made that mistake my first year and had a liquid cheeseburger, awful is an understatement. ..

I get a rack of ribs every year!

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Does anyone have an event schedule? The webpage is very vague. I guess I have a few questions I will throw out for you guys.

Is Free Play only setup on Fridays? Thursday and Friday. Saturday morning before show opens

Is there an auction on either day? No

Do they have tournaments on either day? Yes

Are games only for sale on certain days? Both days but a lot of the best games go early Friday.

What fees are involved if making a purchase? None unless you want to pull your game before I think 6pm of that day.

Sorry for all of the questions, being a first timer attending this event I want to make sure I know certain things in advance.

I am only a friend of the show so I do not know if things have changed from last year.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I think they hold spots if you pre-register the game.
I really really really like Allentown but wish I had a solution to the early tear-down. Last year my SWE1 in my vendor booth was one of the last games still standing, so I feel like I did what I could. But it was already loaded in the suv when the show ended and 10 mins later I was already heading south. Maybe instead of giving away a game randomly, give away a game to an owner of a game on the free play floor... Give-away chosen one hour before closing and your free play game must still be set up to win.
-Rob
-Visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Rob that's funny you mentioned the game give away for people who leave a game in free play till the end of the show. This is the Pintastic solution. https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I like this idea, I'm thinking I should rent a big rig and bring all my games

This is exactly what I was hoping would happen!

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Booked the Comfort Suites tonight, only king bed available. Selling out very early this year.

I also booked the comfort suites last night. That is the party hotel this year! Volcano......

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Got the report Comfort Suites and can confirm that Kings are all thats available.
As of this morning 3/4/2016
Thursday May 5: 30 rooms blocked 4 rooms picked up
Friday May 6: 30 rooms blocked 6 rooms picked up
Saturday May 7: 30 rooms blocked 1 room picked up

Thanks Ivan looks like rooms are going fast!

1 week later
#427 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think the big question now for Allentown is: Will there be a Ghostbusters Pro there for everyone to play?

I am going on record and saying yes.

2 weeks later
#578 8 years ago

Guys why not register your games for free play and sell them at the show? Remember a show can only be great if the community brings games for free play. If everything gets sold in the parking lot that's not fair to all the hard work that goes into making a show awesome.

1 week later
#735 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Any idea which Stern distributors will be there? "I have a friend" who's looking to acquire a NIB SMVE; having never been to PinFest I'm not sure if it's a good place to arrange a deal for NIB or if they all end up having to be drop shipped anyway.

marco and coin taker

1 week later
#984 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Given the nature of the last few pages.. Is Allentown more of a swap meet kind of show vs playing pinball / talks? Looking at the map, the free play area is dwarfed by vendor area seeming to confirm this as well. Just curious.

Great show all around! Ivan and his crew work super hard to put this show together. It is something I look forward to every year. Great talking to all the awesome pin heads after a long winter. I can't wait to get me some ribs across the parking lot at the farmers market.

1 week later
#1291 7 years ago

Can bring very nice scared stiff restored by Eric Bundy.

Play field is a 9 with minor touch up under terrifying decal
New ramps
New plastics
New decals on crate
New titan rubbers
Full set of cliffys
Full led's
Back board decal
Tilt graphics side decals
Under cabinet light kit
Scull led mod
Boogi men sling shot mod
Led plunger mod
New coin door
New legs
Color DMD
Very nice game
$7k or will trade for. TWD pro...GB pro...plus cash. Can deliver to allentown.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

In need of some replacement pinballs. One game I have uses magnets. Everyone is recommending Ultra Gloss pinballs from Pinball Life, however I don't see them on the vendor list. Do they make this product or simply a reseller and other vendors in attendance will have them for sale?

Marco has great sets of pinballs. Usually at a great show discount but they go fast. These are the best I have found.

#1699 7 years ago
Quoted from SCpins:

Can bring an Elvira slot topper if anyone is interested.

How big is it?

#1936 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This is one reason I was not super upset I couldn't make it until late Friday. I brought a Pinball Magic for the free play area, and when I was coming in (around 7pm) to set up, people either looked at me like I was going the wrong way, or were really excited a machine was coming IN to the free play area.
I only walked the show on Saturday. It was busy, and yes, there were some missing games in the free play area, but I still had a great time. Was nice to meet up with some Pinsiders although I am SO bad with names. Saw Forceflow, Chris Bucci, MattG, SPFXTed. and a few others I am forgetting. Oh NJGecko - Thanks for the bee
as I always say, if you are upset about the lack of games on Saturday, bring one! I know this is not feasible for many, but for some it could be if they wanted to. ALso, many of the ones that were there were either folded up or off. If you buy something, and are hanging around, why not leave it on to enjoy? Half the fun (for me anyway) is having others enjoy my machine that I brought.
See you all next year!
Chris

Chris thanks for bringing the pinball Magic. I really enjoyed playing one that had been dialed in so well. If you ever want to sell it give me a shout.
Please don't be shy to bring that awesome machine to Pintastic in July.

#2038 7 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've been to Pinfest before (had to miss this year ) but I'm going to Pintastic instead
How do they compare? What are the similarities? The differences? Is there a comparison?

Pinfest and Pintastic are two different types of shows. Ivan was a huge help in getting Pintastic started. I will remember that forever. This is a pinfest 2016 thread so let's stay on topic please. Thanks Gabe

#2090 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Ok, how about a board repair corner? Just to do the most common fixes, nvram install, trace repair, caps, transistors, un-hacking boards, etc. That way there are no machines moving in and out all the time.

Obviously, there would be no shipping costs. Repair pricing could have "show pricing" or maybe standard pricing on fixes; $20 to install NVRAM, $10 to replace a cap, etc. 99% of the board guys charge per hour. So even if it is a quick fix, they still bill for the whole hour to make it worth their time. Its the main reason alot of people choose not to install NVRAM, but wait until they need some other board work done. If charging a flat rate, i feel like people would be more willing to bring boards.
Thoughts?

Pintastic New England will have Allan Davidson with all his test fixtures doing board repair. His business is called Ardvark pinball he will have 2 booths. He is very good and reasonable doing all kinds of board work.

We are also working on a well known traveling repair person to set up a repair area on Wednesday and Thursday before the show. Fix the game and put it into free play or pimp it out and put it in free play. Discounted repairs for game going in free play. Stay tuned.

#2095 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What happens when the game I registered for free play cannot be fixed, I hauled it to your show , do I still get free admission? How many of those till it makes no sense?

That's the risk you take. We will just be providing the service. The game must be in good working order to go in free play and get all the perks.

#2097 7 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

worst case is you would get an opinion on what was wrong with it .You pay entrance fee.
The alternative is you get a repairman to come to your house, which can run into big bucks.
best case, easy fix, affordable, you get machine fixed and you save on entrance fee.
also, if worst case happens, slap a for sale sign on it right at show. saves craigslisters from coming to your house.

You don't just get free entry to the show. You get a bunch more stuff. https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.