image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I agree with the pepper spray..
If you haven't been to a Pinball show yet, you will soon leaen that 99.9% of he dudes there are probably not your ideal customer at said booth!

You mean like me?

ugly-pic_(resized).jpgugly-pic_(resized).jpg

#101 8 years ago

Bringing my Pharaoh for free play this year "hopefully".
Looking for a SOLAR FIRE any condition to put alongside it.
Anyone wanting to sell a Solar Fire PM me. Can't buy/pay until closer to show date though.

#167 8 years ago

I might have a Stern Galaxy done by then. Waiting on some rebuild kits. (Out of stock)

3 weeks later
#247 8 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Avoid the food inside the show, I made that mistake my first year and had a liquid cheeseburger, awful is an understatement. ..

OMG!!!! First time I bought food there last year and the pizza was a piece of cardboard. Couldn't even finish my second bite. Never again.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

MOJO, did you buy yours at the show food stand? Nice people, but the food's not so hot.

I got mine at the food stand at the show. Not the farmers market.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

There is a really good pizza place just outside the show on 17th & Liberty. Good food & pizza, people are from NY & know pizza...For those that don't know the area the entrance most people use is 19th & Liberty. Easy walk..

Thanks for the info, will check it out this year. Probably staying the night on Friday.

1 month later
#979 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Given the nature of the last few pages.. Is Allentown more of a swap meet kind of show vs playing pinball / talks? Looking at the map, the free play area is dwarfed by vendor area seeming to confirm this as well. Just curious.

Yes and no, It's crazy how many pins change hands at this show but most of them are set up and on free play.

1 week later
#1143 8 years ago

Budweiser Tapper video game is sold. Pinside donation sent.
Board set was just rebuilt by Chris Jumper. New Arcadeshop switching power supply converter installed. Have the original power supply board that needs repaired. No acid damage. New uninstaled control panel overlay. Marquee is a new overlay/translite. Pm if interested. No trades, Will get better pictures tomorrow.

IMG_2567_(resized).JPGIMG_2567_(resized).JPG
IMG_2568_(resized).JPGIMG_2568_(resized).JPG

#1180 8 years ago

Basket case Bally Skateball is sold. Pinside donation sent.
Someone bring this gal back to life.
See market ad https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33718
Can bring if sold.
Will have other projects and a bunch of parts to list also.

IMG_2569_(resized).JPGIMG_2569_(resized).JPG

IMG_2594_(resized).JPGIMG_2594_(resized).JPG

#1185 8 years ago

Lost cause Bally Lost World. $450.
It's complete and a complete players condition game.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. (battery acid on MPU)
Market ad https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33720
Can bring if sold.

LW_01_(resized).JPGLW_01_(resized).JPG

#1189 8 years ago

Basket case Spy Hunter for sale $250 Game is now Sold.
listed in the market place
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33722

#1268 8 years ago

Looking for a Bally Skateball and Playboy backglass.
Playboy backglass doesn't have to be perfect.
Also looking for Flash Gordon playfield.
Will be at show on Friday, maybe Saturday also.

#1272 7 years ago

My Bally Skateball is SOLD
Bally Spy Hunter is SOLD
Midway Bud Tapper is SOLD
Still have for sale
Bally Lost World $450
Adding
Bally Kings of steal $450
William's
Lazar Ball $400
Disco Fever
Time Warp
Stellar Wars $450
A pair of Jungle Lords one works, the other is a parts machine. $900
A bunch of Video game parts and manuals from the late 70's to 90's

#1422 7 years ago

Galaxy (Stern, 1980) Project. SOLD
Listed in the market place
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/34080
It's complete, Just repined and crimped the rectifier board. Acid damage CPU.
GI lights come on.

IMG_2742_(resized).JPGIMG_2742_(resized).JPG
IMG_2747_(resized).JPGIMG_2747_(resized).JPG

#1466 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Please excuse my ignorance regarding this post. I'm new to this site and I don't quite understand the above post. I'm assuming there must be a site rule that states anything for sale/trade/wanted has to be posted in the marketplace. What's confusing to me is I see threads everywhere labeled "What's for sale in <insert region> that have post after post of items for sale/trade that are not posted in the marketplace. Again, not challenging anything, just trying to get a better understanding from a new member standpoint. Thanks!

All for sale post should be listed in the Market place and a link to the ad provided in the post. Yes this is a rule.
Correct me if I'm wrong about this. The "regional" What's for sale threads are kinda grandfathered and are listed in the Market place sub forum. But should also have listing in market place. The rule hasn't been strictly enforced but we all should make a market place ad. I am also guilty of not doing this every time I list something.
This thread is listed in the Events & locations sub forum not the market place sub forum. So all for sale posts should be linked to a market place ad.
Lets face it WE/US pinheads can be cheap sometimes. Ok well most of the time. Including myself. Just look at how many people have for sale posts in this thread and no red hearts beside there names. Pinside doesn't run for free. I'd rather make a yearly donation and have small fees on items I sell then have a bunch of pop-up advertisements on every damn page.

PS, For those of you that don't know. You can make a small donation to pinside on your profile page or go here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/donate
This is what the red hearts beside peoples names are. If you have a red heart with a + sign you can send pictures in your PM's.

#1471 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Arcademojo,
Thanks for this information. I had no clue about any of this stuff, especially the heartbeat icon.

Your welcome.
You now have a red heart. I just made a small donation to pinside in your name for your great work on the spread sheet.

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Did not know about red hearts..I donated for a game I sold a few weeks go...Does that count or only donations show up?

Only donations to Pinside through this page or your profile page will get you the red heart. Not the ones for for sale items.
https://pinside.com/pinball/donate
If you donate $35.00 or more you can send pictures through your PM's great feature. I use it all the time.

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Please explain why.
RB

My guess would be
(so Pinside doesn't turn into this)

popups_(resized).jpgpopups_(resized).jpg

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

not sure I understand what you mean with the pic of the pop ups

Read my post #1466 on this thread.

#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yo!! Can we get back to topic of Pinfest & not about donations!!

Can't wait for the show. Last year was my first. Didn't even know they had a outdoor flea-market. Missed it.

#1526 7 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Anyone wearing Pinside badges?

I might be the only one! But since I have never actually met anyone or really know anyone.
Or have any friends. ..................
Anyway, Yeah I'm wearing one.

#1675 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i have a hitch setup but not the ball thing. do they sell those at the uhaul place?

Yes they do. They can install also if your getting a trailer.

#1815 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The really nice & chromed out BK2000 was back again this year

Yeah that baby was nice!! Makes mine look like a dog. Wait, mine is a dog but anyhow. Looked great.

Got to get some games in on the GB Pro from Pinball refinery. Was really impressed.
Highlights of my day were meeting a few pinsiders and getting to play a pinball Magic.

#1819 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah that baby was nice!! Makes mine look like a dog. Wait, mine is a dog but anyhow. Looked great.
Got to get some games in on the GB Pro from Pinball refinery. Was really impressed.
Highlights of my day were meeting a few pinsiders and getting to play a pinball Magic.

IMG_2758_(resized).JPGIMG_2758_(resized).JPG

#1821 7 years ago

Was it just me or did it seam like a lot of early SS and Em games were leveled to flat. Some games I could have sworn the ball was going rolling away from me???

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

NEVER eat at the choke & puke inside the show. Nasty unhealthy overpriced crap.
Wish someone would have pointed you to the Farmer's Market across the street where fresh tasty food in all different varieties awaited you.
My favorite is Loam's Vietnamese Bistro. A Vietnamese Father and his daughter operate this small establishment. Best food I've had anywhere. And the best Pho you'll ever have!

Oh man, Don't eat inside. Made that mistake last year. Went to Farmers Market this year. Great food and some really good beef jerky.

#1832 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

There weren't as many stinky, dirty, perverted people there this year which was nice also.

And I thought you were the Stinky, dirty, perverted people???

Didn't even see you there. I'll be there tomorrow, if your going PM me.

#1838 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I noticed a handful of games, mostly in the back row, were not set for free play. One even had a note on the back glass saying it was a buck per game. This was my first PinFest- is this normal? I thought everything would be on free play.
Aside from that it was a great show. Pinnovators had some awesome machines!

I'm pretty sure the ones you are talking about were from Rockland Pinball. They were part of his for sale stuff. Guess they ran out of room at his paid space. Not part of the free play games.

#1871 7 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

Not you at all...I thought most of the games seemed to be flat. I like mine faster and I guess I'm spoiled.

I'm back today for a few hours. Hopefully someone brought a monkey wrench and a level. Yeah like my games with a little more slant. I know EM's are slower but not that damn slow.

#1900 7 years ago

Recap of day two. Got to play the BBB. If I'll ever call a pin sexy this would be it. Yeah I was the guy humping the leg. I would love to see another run of these.
Got to meet some of my facebook friends and a few more pinsiders. Including The Flow-master Forceflow.
Sold off a few more parts. Then spent too much money on parts I didn't need and didn't have enough for what I did need.
Was back to playing some more EM's. I think over all there were a lot more people playing them this year. Seen some younger generation on them too.

#1915 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Where were all the Pinside badges?? The only one I saw was my own.

I had the same feeling. Had mine on all day Friday. Forgot it Saturday.

IMG_2766_(resized).JPGIMG_2766_(resized).JPG

#1957 7 years ago

Anyone pick up a Squawk & Talk sound board they don't need. Looking for one for my Spectrum. Can be from any game.

#1962 7 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

That's not the girl in the black leather with her boobs hanging out. Although I have to admit I really didn't look at her face, so maybe it's the same girl in a different outfit

Correct, Not the same girl, Not even close.

#1985 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The majority of pin owners aren't regular pinsiders.
The whole early removal problem/$25 thing...this would all be avoided if they did a three-day show like they used to. I don't remember mass exoduses on Saturday back in the old days. I never went on Sunday because I heard it was pretty sad - but it did work as a buffer and keep the show going strong through Saturday night. Maybe something to consider.

Yeah, have to agree with this. Most people can't make it until Saturday. By 2 a lot of pins were gone. Would like to see it go 3 days also.

#2016 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I think the spreadsheet seems to have lost its usefulness over the last few years. It used to be an awesome resource, but on the flip side, it resulted in half of the deals being done before the games ever hit the floor, so it was great for the market, but hurt the show. People used to start asking about the sheet months in advance. I know that for the York show, they officially asked people to NOT do a sheet. I think it results in a better show without the sheet. "off the street" people have a better chance to check out more things and actually score a deal. But that is just my opinion.

With or without the spread sheet there will still be a lot of deals done on here before hand. Also a lot of the deals are going to be snagged up the night before during set up. Couldn't tell you how many times I've heard complaints from people saying how guys were running around the night before grabbing everything.
Lets face it, the average person off the street is not going to get as many deals as people here on Pinside chatting back and forth or people doing setup. Personally I sold 4 project pins on here and facebook that were delivered and picked up at the show. None of the sales had anything to do with the spread sheet. None of the sales would have taken place at the show if they weren't sold before hand. I did like the spread sheet. I was able to what wasn't sold and what was coming. Keep in mind it only covered a portion of games.

#2022 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think the most that you could really do is request that only games that wouldn't otherwise be brought to the show be put on the spreadsheet

I'm not sure why the negative about the spread sheet. If you read the other Allentown post one vendor states "Typically I sell about 25% of what I bring Thursday, " another post talks about a guy that didn't even bring a game to set up but was buying many pins Thursday night and taking them out of the building that night. Many other post about what was sold Thursday during set up. At least the spread sheet gives the people that don't set up Thursday night a chance to buy some of the deals.

#2024 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

set up night deals are the same as the spreadsheet. stuff is being sold before the show.
you can't say one is ok an the other is not
just my .02

That's exactly my point. Why say spread sheets are bad but not the set up sales. It has been and always will be that the insiders will get first chance then the general public.

#2073 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A repair corner is a good idea in theory, however, stocking the right parts for a large variety of games and game systems might be a little tough.
I have parts, electronic components, connectors, and various tools in order to work on games from 7 different manufactures and 16 different game systems. I need to keep quite a lot of stuff in stock to work on all those. I imagine a repair corner would need to be prepared to handle double that. And that is quite a lot of parts and expertise that would need to be on-hand. A few people would basically have to uproot a decent chunk of their repair shop.
Then, diagnostic equipment and test rigs might be necessary to help diagnose board issues.
Not to say that it wouldn't be feasible, but just that it would be a challenging endeavor.

Party pooper!!

#2074 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

That repair corner is the best idea I've heard yet. I had one pin break down twice played great before I loaded it on the trailer. Thanks to Pingeezer for his help and the knowledge I gained.

The number one reason I won't bring a game to a show is????
I don't want anyone to know I really don't know crap about repairing pins. If my game breaks down I'm screwed.
Really, I have to spend 3 hours ready the internet to find the correct way to change a lightbulb.

1 week later
#2201 7 years ago

I can't believe this whole debate is still going on. It's like watching two frat boys fight over "Bounce or no bounce" in beer pong.
By the way it's house rules and I always play "the ball must bounce"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.