image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colehvac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 8 years ago

Robowar is a great game, but you have to be willing to pay, I was willing.

#168 8 years ago

Not a tx or rw to buy, if you know of any tx sectors sub 2000 send them my way. Have a robo and a bone busters looking for class of 1812 and tx sector. Will be at the show from Thursday to Saturday

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Don't call the 1-800 number, call the hotels directly to get the group rates

That's what I did, the first call I made was by mistake to reservation desk what a joke, I knew something was wrong , I kept mentioning the group code and in an Indian accent the guy on the other end kept saying yes that's great , yes Iam getting you the very best price, and then he told me it was 179.00 a night and the special rate was 159.00 and that breakfast was included so I was going to save money there. I just hung up and looked up the right number, called and my rooms are booked.

2 weeks later
#273 8 years ago

problem is the buyer, some guys come on Friday and want to just buy a game and leave. It's a very hard thing to control, the show organizers don't pay you to show up with a game, so the motivation for most is to bring a game to sell it, the free admission for each game is not enough of an incentive. There's only one fool proof way for it to be full of games for both days, it's for some collectors with bigger collections to bring games for everyone to play, you would have to compensate them , or find a big operator to provide games for the show and compensate them. This will never happen it's just some ideas
BTW this year I will bring a paragon, and I will have the pimped out Metallica at the PINGRAFFIX booth. Can't wait to see everyone.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Rob that's funny you mentioned the game give away for people who leave a game in free play till the end of the show. This is the Pintastic solution. https://pintasticnewengland.com/game/

I like this idea, I'm thinking I should rent a big rig and bring all my games

#327 8 years ago

Don't forget to visit the Pingraffix booth,I am currently pimping out the PG Metallica , I will also have my own personal Paragon and Bonebusters at the PG Booth.

#376 8 years ago

Anyone have any Gottlieb 80b machines? Already have robowar, bonebusters and soon Rock, looking for Excalibur Tx sector diamond lady etc etc

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Allentown has always been a by-the-day wristband purchase, I think. Pisses me off, too, because you have to keep standing in line each day.

Bring a game, you won't have to wait on line.

#403 8 years ago

Ive bought 5 games from him over the last 10yrs, never a problem. Every year he is at Allentown with a line at his trailer of buyers picking up games. He also supports the shows by bringing games, usually 4 or five of them.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

All of you can suck it.

I won't suck it, but I will treat you to a beer at the Pingraffix booth.

1 week later
#490 8 years ago

Your deadly weapon was in nice shape and worked perfect.

#552 8 years ago

I'm not selling anything
I'm bringing paragon, met pro, and bonebusters for everyone to play at the Pingraffix booth. I did list bonebusters, but nobody wanted to but it needing to be shopped so I did it myself and kept it. I was only selling because another pinsider had a nicer one for sale I was going to buy, but he sold it before I could sell mine to upgrade

#609 8 years ago

I think deadly weapon is pending. Not sure, but I think there's a line of people waiting for one guy to make up his mind.

#690 8 years ago

Deadly weapon is sold!

1 week later
#910 8 years ago

Coin taker has discounts at the show. I wait till Allentown and buy a years worth. I especially like the bulk bags of 50 or 100 bulbs.

#950 8 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

From all the posts on this thread and being Ivan had to add two more hotels this is lining up to be the biggest show yet. Three weeks from tomorrow! Farmers market first stop.

Thanks for reminding me, I still have a game I'm bringing in pieces, hope I get it back together in time

#966 8 years ago

X

Quoted from movingpictures:Gottlieb 2001 - $800
Shopped out with all new rubbers and bulbs.
Classic Krynski design with sweet artwork and 20 drops.
Ranked #9 on the IPDB list of all time most popular EMs.
Interested in trades up or down in price.
IMG_3924_(resized).JPG
IMG_3925_(resized).JPG
IMG_3920_(resized).JPG
IMG_3918_(resized).JPG

I love drop target em games like this , I had a nice collection of gottlieb wedge heads at one time, but never owned a 2001

#985 8 years ago

The vendor area is bigger this year, but from talking to the vendors it seems most will have many games set up at their booths, Pingraffix will have met pro, paragon, bone busters Inc , gottlieb Rock , deadly weapon set up to play. Joe from pinball star is suppose to have some awesomeness going on at his booth, coin taker always has games, tilt announced ghostbusters premium, rob (Gwaxt) has a booth with games for sale. That's just a fraction of what goes on at Allentown. Every year Ivan brings a row of his personal games for play and some for sale and so on and so on. This will be my 14 th Allentown show and it's never disappointed me.

2 weeks later
#1412 7 years ago

Two arcade games for sale or trade
Ultimate arcade 2+
And a extreme hunting
Both games are 100% working
Ua2+ came from a tag sale at Dee snyders home on Long Island has some screen burn.other than that it's mint it's a Jamma set up so you can put any Jamma board in it
Extreme hunting has new power supply rebuilt monitor brand new short pump shot guns and the gun board was replaced with a new one
Also have the original guns that came with it but they are beat up have a spare gun board that is tested and working 100%
800.00 for EH
1400.00 For UA2+
Or trade 2 for 1 pinball machine
Will deliver to Allentown with a small deposit

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1424 7 years ago

Here is link to a video of ultimate arcade 2+
The one in selling looks exactly the same as the one in the video

#1440 7 years ago

Bringing a Bally sea ray non working, looking for 200.00

#1456 7 years ago

Lowered prices
Ultimate arcade 2+ 1250.00
Extreme hunting 650.00

1 week later
#1969 7 years ago

I was thinking , what if you brought a game for free play,
But paid your own admission for the day. I would think the early rule doesn't apply. I bought two games pre-show, plus brought one from home and left them on for free play the entire show, including Thursday set up day. Surprisingly the games got a lot of play on Thursday.they were the bonebusters, rock, and deadly weapon
Hopefully I will buy a few more 80b titles this year and will have a bigger row with me next year. So if anyone is letting go of some pm me. Btw I also have robowar that will be coming with me. I ran out of room in the trailer but will have a bigger one next year

#1972 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

They are all uncommon games that rarely make public appearances. It was a treat to be able to get a few flips on them.

I will be sure to dial those in and have some more with me next year. I was thinking of putting them in a vendor booth under a pop tent. The lights in there give off a lot of glare.

#2051 7 years ago

Thursday's are for setting up and working on machines. As they get set up most people who bring the machines are fixing small issues they had before they left for the show, or as we all know,issues that happen in transit. If you want help with LEDs go over to the coin taker booth Melissa or Chris are always happy to help.

#2072 7 years ago

Mayfair brings a good selection of parts and rebuilt boards, I'm sure the repair techs that are handling the corner could bring a bin or two of repair items

#2128 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People who didn't bring games to the show and keep trying to tell those who did that they don't "know what shows are all about" really need to remove their heads from their asses.
Once again, it's not rocket science. These shows work because the formula works. And there are always complains cause people always complain. All of the suggestions I've read in these threads - more security, higher fees, other moronic draconian punative measures - will do nothing but cause ruin the show and cause fights. If you think you can run a better show and magically ensure the games stay there till 9 pm ever night, let's see you do it. If it's within two hours of NYC I'll be there.

I would bet that 9 out of ten of the complainers never brought a game to the show, while we're at it there are some that think because they paid a 17 dollar fee they should have access to all games in the show and treat them like shit. I will never stop bringing games to the shows I attend, non of mine were for sale, but I had many offers, I wish that attendees of the show would respect the fact that some of us bring games from our collection just to share, if it doesn't have a for sale sign or a price on it, it's not for sale. I had a person ask if it was for sale, when I said no, he said I will pull out ten grand and you won't say no, I said no anyway

#2143 7 years ago

Well if we are going down the road of "fees", how about ivan charges an extra 10.00, per day to those who enter but don't bring a game and he can pay the extra money he gets from that fee to the rest of us that bring games. Then the entitled will have a reason to feel they can abuse others games. I will have a reason to bring more games and won't mind if I'm getting money to fix the things on my machines that break

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colehvac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread?tu=Colehvac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.