image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 8 years ago

Hope Dan's BBQ doesn't have the Brussel sprouts this year, I got seriously crop dusted a couple times
last year!! I think guys do it just to stay on a pin longer!

3 weeks later
#535 8 years ago

Looking for a pinball cart if anyone has and extra

#620 8 years ago

I sold one of my pins last year when there were only 20 or so left on the floor, so I will leave mine up until the last minute!
Fellow came over and bought it just as I was getting ready to break it down, There will always be deals, be prepared to haggle

#656 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Looking for a Stern Meteor

I'll be bringing a nice one to Allentown if it does not sell at the Ohio show this weekend

1 week later
#874 8 years ago

Just registered 4 pins I am bringing, Gilligans Island, Flash, Gorgar and High Speed, all for sale in Freeplay going to try to get one more ready yet

1 week later
#1158 7 years ago

My Gilligans Island has been sold, Bringing a Silverball Mania in its place

#1186 7 years ago

I have a fully populated Silverball Mania Playfield, needs some touch up, but came out of a working pin, Harness is intact, Can bring to Allentown if pre sold looking for $175.00 Also have 2 Bally Beauty Contest playfields fully populated, dirty but will clean up very nicely, $150 for the pair

#1277 7 years ago

Have a fully populated Silverball Mania Pf I can bring if there is any interest, also 2 Bally Beauty Contest populated playfields

1 week later
#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

This was the Craigs List one Lincoln Park?

saw that one too what a deal i was to late on it i guess

1 week later
#2084 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My god some of these suggestions are convoluted and complicated.
I got an idea-
How about we just keep it the same way it was this year, last year, and has always been and people just stop bitching so much about small things you are never gonna change.
A fucking repair corner? A pizza party for people willing to hang out till 10pm? $150 removal fines? An appreciation handy for bringing a 90s game?
Jesus H Ivan. None of this bullshit is a good idea or feasible.
If you paid your $17 and showed up at 1pm on Saturday, you STILL would have had 4 solid hours of playing all the pinball you want. Maybe not on one of the half dozen DMDs that where there in the morning but who gives a shit? We've all played those games. At 6 pm Saturday there must have still been 100 pinball machines on the floor, most of them working fine, to play.
And why show up at 1 anyway? The show starts Friday. It opens Saturday at 9 am.
The show works, the formula works, and you are never gonna make everybody happy. Here's a novel idea- try to enjoy yourself instead of being such a sourpuss. Looked like most people I saw at the show were having a good time.

Couldn't agree more, If it ain't broke don't fix it! The show works great as is, this year was no different than any other, people will bitch no matter what you do. Ivan does a great job and you get a good bang for your buck no mater what.

#2134 7 years ago
Quoted from cooperson2:

This 2016 Allentown show was my 3rd one. I attended on Friday. I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. This year, I came with a 4 part mission: 1) Find some parts for my High Speed machine; 2) Sell some parts that I no longer needed from High Speed and Millionaire; 3) Find a High Speed machine and play it for comparison to mine; 4) Find a Gorgar machine and play it as a friend of mine wants to buy one soon and relive his younger years. I succeeded on all 4 points of my mission. And, to my surprise, in the Free Play area, was a Gorgar and High Speed side by side !! What are the odds of finding them like that ? I was pleased with the whole atmosphere of the show. The vendors were nice to me and I enjoyed striking up conversations with other fellow pinball enthusiasts. Even the jukeboxes were interesting to me, especially the cassette based one. Looking forward to next year already.

Yup both those pins were mine, High Speed and Gorgar, and both sold, High speed got hammered all weekend, and held up great,
Gorgar's sound board bit the dust but I made it right to the new owner and sent him another sound speech board out monday and he is as happy as can be, old board is back and fixed, ready for the next Gorgar restore

#2138 7 years ago

Yes Allentown is the best place to buy and sell, I picked up 3 pins that I pre bought from afar, these were not destined for freeplay and were projects, Thats what is nice about the show, its a meeting place to make new friends and just have pinball overload for the weekend. I can't remember names, but I met a lot of great people, and on average everyone I talked to was pleasant . Then the great cool down at the comfort inn, man that was a blast at the bar. didn't get to bed until 2 am Friday night. stopped by one room, had 3 pinballs in it!! party central any way you put it Allentown is my #1 show, but Pintastic is looking to have a great future too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread?tu=80spit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.