image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG
There are 2,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 46.
#2201 7 years ago

I can't believe this whole debate is still going on. It's like watching two frat boys fight over "Bounce or no bounce" in beer pong.
By the way it's house rules and I always play "the ball must bounce"

#2202 7 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

Now you've come full circle with your lien equivalence...except you missed the fact that the lien is on the property so in your example would transfer to the buyer...therefore it is the BUYER who has to pay the fee to remove the game and not the seller (which has been my point the whole time).
OTOH, if you place the lien on the seller (like you try to in the car example), then you have no right after the sale to say anything to the new owner as the lien isn't on them or their new property.
Can't have it both ways...

ugh... last time I'm going to reply because clearly everyone else is tired of this and you really can not follow logic or keep ideas intact.. instead you chose to pick and blend to try to make things look the way you want.

Your car example was the OWNER making a promise.. not the car. The point was just because he sold his car, the promise HE made is still intact. Just like the seller of the game made a promise, that must still be maintained. As I said PREVIOUSLY *who* you collect the money from is semantics and means nothing since both the buyer and the seller should be aware of the fee, and have made the sales transaction knowing the fee exists. Where you stuff the money in the deal doesn't matter.. it all comes out the same in the end.. the $25 would be part of the transaction no matter where you chose to bury it. You must be a real piece of work at the car dealer trying to buy a car if you can't follow this simple concept.

The point about liens was to debunk your premise that as soon as you buy something, the entire world resets and all obligations disappear. The reality is no one putting such concepts into play here because we are talking about $25. The example was simply to debunk your faulty view of the world about purchases.

The simple reality is, the seller can't really physically keep a buyer from doing something (within reason.. and no one is going to court over this stuff) if they release the game to the buyer.. which they are going to do to avoid liability about handling/breakage/etc. The fact the game is held inside the building when the event operator controls the exits to the building and that is the best point of control to enforce the rules. So when someone tries to take the game OUT is the best point of control to charge.

If the buyer wants to take the game out early... that's on the BUYER.. their choice.. and they can pay. If they don't want to pay, they should have made that part of the deal with the seller that the seller would front the fee as part of the transaction.

This entire 'struggle' is fuking PETTY. If, as the buyer, you didn't know you can't take the game out early... then get educated or turn around and put the game back on the free play floor and enjoy other people enjoying your game.

If you have to take it out early because you really have to leave early for other reasons.. then suck it up as part of the deal of buying a game at a show. Its still WORLDS cheaper than buying from auctions, online sites, etc.

Enforcing on the sellers is just more work, would discourage people from bringing games, and puts them in the awkward spot of trying to force someone else to do something when you really don't hold the power. Sellers are going to release the game to buyers... that's reality.. so instead of pissing into the wind.. just accept buyers are the ones in the driver seat, and they are the ones who control if the fee is even a discussion point at all.

TL;DR - stop fussing over a petty fucking avoidable fee whose purpose is to ENCOURAGE good behavior... not make people money.

#2203 7 years ago

Is it feasible to allow a couple dedicated rows for playable For Sale games, and the seller pays for the privilege? 50 or 100 bucks a game whether it sells or not, if you don't like it then don't bring it in. Consider it a nice extension of the flea market.

It totally frees up the show helpers from the nonsense of policing doors and trying to figure out who bought/sold/paid what, and also minimizes disappointment of seeing a game you wanted to try switched off in the middle of a regular row.

I love Allentown and York. The size of the shows makes it a great place for buyers/sellers to meet, I know I've bought and sold stuff there that was just outside of rational traveling distance otherwise. Its always going to create this situation and it's not a Pinside thing either. This was going on in the Usenet days, it has just grown exponentially with the popularity of the hobby.

#2204 7 years ago

Great show, change nothing!

#2205 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just hit start. On almost any game that is already on ball 2 you'll start a new one player game.

I can't believe that I had NEVER tried that. I just tried it on 3 of my games, and what do you know! Thanks Levi

#2206 7 years ago

Allentown was over two weeks ago today - time to move on to new business!

It amazes me there are so many post about pulling machines out of a show early - if you don't like the rules just pay to get in and leave your machines home.

Anyway thanks again to Ivan & his crew for doing a great job again this year!

#2207 7 years ago

As a buyer which I was I owe nobody anything. I paid 17 bucks to get in spent hundreds on a machine if I want to take it out early I will. It's now my machine. I didn't do that I bought it mid day Friday and left it up till 7pm then took it down because I was going home but if I decided to take it when I bought it and pay the 25 bucks it's now my machine I will do with it what I want

#2208 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinD:

I can't believe that I had NEVER tried that. I just tried it on 3 of my games, and what do you know! Thanks Levi

This feature can be turned off (I'm sure they do it at papa and such) but factory settings all games will let you restart.

#2209 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ugh... last time I'm going to reply because clearly everyone else is tired of this and you really can not follow logic or keep ideas intact.. instead you chose to pick and blend to try to make things look the way you want.
Your car example was the OWNER making a promise.. not the car. The point was just because he sold his car, the promise HE made is still intact. Just like the seller of the game made a promise, that must still be maintained. As I said PREVIOUSLY *who* you collect the money from is semantics and means nothing since both the buyer and the seller should be aware of the fee, and have made the sales transaction knowing the fee exists. Where you stuff the money in the deal doesn't matter.. it all comes out the same in the end.. the $25 would be part of the transaction no matter where you chose to bury it. You must be a real piece of work at the car dealer trying to buy a car if you can't follow this simple concept.
The point about liens was to debunk your premise that as soon as you buy something, the entire world resets and all obligations disappear. The reality is no one putting such concepts into play here because we are talking about $25. The example was simply to debunk your faulty view of the world about purchases.
The simple reality is, the seller can't really physically keep a buyer from doing something (within reason.. and no one is going to court over this stuff) if they release the game to the buyer.. which they are going to do to avoid liability about handling/breakage/etc. The fact the game is held inside the building when the event operator controls the exits to the building and that is the best point of control to enforce the rules. So when someone tries to take the game OUT is the best point of control to charge.
If the buyer wants to take the game out early... that's on the BUYER.. their choice.. and they can pay. If they don't want to pay, they should have made that part of the deal with the seller that the seller would front the fee as part of the transaction.
This entire 'struggle' is fuking PETTY. If, as the buyer, you didn't know you can't take the game out early... then get educated or turn around and put the game back on the free play floor and enjoy other people enjoying your game.
If you have to take it out early because you really have to leave early for other reasons.. then suck it up as part of the deal of buying a game at a show. Its still WORLDS cheaper than buying from auctions, online sites, etc.
Enforcing on the sellers is just more work, would discourage people from bringing games, and puts them in the awkward spot of trying to force someone else to do something when you really don't hold the power. Sellers are going to release the game to buyers... that's reality.. so instead of pissing into the wind.. just accept buyers are the ones in the driver seat, and they are the ones who control if the fee is even a discussion point at all.
TL;DR - stop fussing over a petty fucking avoidable fee whose purpose is to ENCOURAGE good behavior... not make people money.

Well you've finally come around. At the beginning you were all "blame the seller", but at least now you finally get the point I made in my first post that it is the buyers machine.

Really not about the money? Why not just eliminate the fee and require that the machine remain on site and under control of the show staff until Saturday night? No exception, no problems.

#2210 7 years ago

Hopefully I'll make it next year!

Drive down for the weekend. Nice hotel and a redhead off BackPage.

#2211 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Hopefully I'll make it next year!
Drive down for the weekend. Nice hotel and a redhead off BackPage.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Obviously not married

#2212 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ugh... last time I'm going to reply because clearly everyone else is tired of this and you really can not follow logic or keep ideas intact.. instead you chose to pick and blend to try to make things look the way you want.TL;DR - stop fussing over a petty fucking avoidable fee whose purpose is to ENCOURAGE good behavior... not make people money.

I agree 100% with you flynnibus!

So you never answered my question earlier. Are we going to party or what?

I decided to accept the offer from my company to make the move to Allentown so I will now officially be a "local" (starting next month). Goodbye Chicago... hello Allentown. I'm officially moving back to the Keystone State for a promotion and a big fat raise.

By the time the next show is in town I should have a new ranch and am looking for one with a nice basement so I can move my pins into it. I also have a complete bar and a professional Beveragaire kegerator for unlimited brew on tap plus an awesome home theater set-up.

I am originally a Pennsylvania dude. Grew-up in Mechanicsburg and Williamsport. Penn State grad. PM me man.

#2213 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Allentown was over two weeks ago today - time to move on to new business!
It amazes me there are so many post about pulling machines out of a show early - if you don't like the rules just pay to get in and leave your machines home.
Anyway thanks again to Ivan & his crew for doing a great job again this year!

Speaking of new business, will you be headed to Pintastic show with some project treasures?

#2214 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I decided to accept the offer from my company to make the move to Allentown so I will now officially be a "local" (starting next month). Goodbye Chicago... hello Allentown. I'm officially moving back to the Keystone State for a promotion and a big fat raise.
By the time the next show is in town I should have a new ranch and am looking for one with a nice basement so I can move my pins into it. I also have a complete bar and a professional Beveragaire kegerator for unlimited brew on tap plus an awesome home theater set-up.
I am originally a Pennsylvania dude. Grew-up in Mechanicsburg and Williamsport. Penn State grad. PM me man.

Let me know when you get out here, I'll buy you a beer. I'm new to the Lehigh Valley area, originally from Milwaukee myself.

#2215 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

If you're really moving to the area, hit me up if you want to hang out sometime. I am about 15 min from Allentown

And mkecasey is a super cool dude as well. There are good people here!

Chris

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Let me know when you get out here, I'll buy you a beer. I'm new to the Lehigh Valley area, originally from Milwaukee myself.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you're really moving to the area, hit me up if you want to hang out sometime. I am about 15 min from Allentown
And mkecasey is a super cool dude as well. There are good people here!
Chris

I am moving to the area. It's a done deal. I start my first day of work there on the 6th. I still haven't found a new pad yet though. I'm looking to rent a house at first. I'm hoping to find one with a decent basement to make my mancave with the pins and home theater stuff. I'd like to get one out of town in the country so I can make noise. Basically a place like I have now. Send me a PM if you hear of any in the area. I have some realtors looking around now but so far haven't seen anything that really trips my trigger yet.

I'll be living out of a hotel flying back and forth until I make the move. I like the fact that there is a relatively inexpensive direct flight from O'Hare to Allentown.

Once I get settled we'll get together and play some silver ball!

#2217 7 years ago

Fantastic and happy ending

#2218 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Fantastic and happy ending

I wouldn't necessarily say "happy ending"? At least not yet.

I'm hoping I'll like it in Allentown.

I really like it here in Chicago so the move wasn't something I decided to do without a lot of thought.

That's why I plan to rent a house at least for the first year.

#2219 7 years ago

Congrats on the new job!
Good luck with the move.
This means you must show up at York!

#2220 7 years ago

Cool for the move! I need some pinball pals. I'm close enough to Allentown.

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I wouldn't necessarily say "happy ending"? At least not yet.
I'm hoping I'll like it in Allentown.
I really like it here in Chicago so the move wasn't something I decided to do without a lot of thought.
That's why I plan to rent a house at least for the first year.

Well the food choices in Allentown are not great,I mean Chicago is on a different level then Allentown food wise..Pennsylvania does have a healthy pinball market,Seems like good deals and lots of used games.

First world problems.......

#2222 7 years ago

Stay away from a place called "The Brass Rail." I got a bad meatball there a couple years ago that had me puking outside the entrance to the Holland Tunnel as people swerved to avoid my puke.

#2223 7 years ago

Your in Philly in an hour for anything you'd want. King of Prussia has everything to offer within a half hour drive without the city pricing and chaos.

#2224 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stay away from a place called "The Brass Rail." I got a bad meatball there a couple years ago that had me puking outside the entrance to the Holland Tunnel as people swerved to avoid my puke.

And I was driving......good times.You say meatballs but I think it was the Austin Powers pin.That would make anybody sick.

#2225 7 years ago

And I was driving......good times.You say meatballs but I think it was the Austin Powers pin.That would make anybody sick.

It was most certainly the meatball.

Sorry I puked on your truck.

#2226 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was most certainly the meatball.
Sorry I puked on your truck.

All good,so worth it.Always a good time at Pinfest.Back then it was the pinball wizards convention.Cool

#2227 7 years ago

Well the food choices in Allentown are not great,I mean Chicago is on a different level then Allentown food wise..Pennsylvania does have a healthy pinball market,Seems like good deals and lots of used games.
First world problems.......

Nobody West of Harrisburg PA knows how to make a pizza, so he has that going for him. Don't even try telling me that circular lasagne Chicago calls pizza is a good thing.

#2228 7 years ago

Chicago definitely has just as good (if not better) pizza but hoagies and cheese steaks are another story.

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Chicago definitely has just as good (if not better) pizza but hoagies and cheese steaks are another story.

LMAO...very entertaining

#2230 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Nobody West of Harrisburg PA knows how to make a pizza, so he has that going for him. Don't even try telling me that circular lasagne Chicago calls pizza is a good thing.

anything west of Trenton .

#2231 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO...very entertaining

I'm going with Gatecrasher on this one. I had a stuffed pizza in Chicago at Giordano's that made me look like this when they cut into it:

Still one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

#2232 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Chicago has Italian beef sandwiches that are amazing. Was in Chicago for work a few years back and kept going back to Portillo's for lunch everyday!!

#2233 7 years ago

Moving to Allentown? Stay away from the inner city. Even by the fairgrounds, it's starting to get bad.

Visit Bethlehem during Christmas season.

#2234 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballflare:

Did anyone else but some new glass at the show, specifically the new translight glass and have an issue with it fitting in their machine? He said the glass was for WPC games but once I put the plastic sides on it would not fit in my Indiana Jones, Addams, TOM or Funhouse.

I forgot to put the glass I bought in my TAF until today. It would not fit with all the plastic pieces. About 1\32 too big. I took the plastic retainer off the right side and it fit. Sorry for the delay.

#2235 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

anything west of Trenton .

100% agree. There is no good pizza in Pennsy. Ability to make a good pizza does not cross the Delaware with the chef.

#2236 7 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I forgot to put the glass I bought in my TAF until today. It would not fit with all the plastic pieces. About 1\32 too big. I took the plastic retainer off the right side and it fit. Sorry for the delay.

joe if that glass is not tempered you could have it cut! bill says he is an expert at glass cutting!

#2237 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Chicago has Italian beef sandwiches that are amazing. Was in Chicago for work a few years back and kept going back to Portillo's for lunch everyday!!

Oh god yes! Portillo's is the bomb. My favorite is the "Italian Combo". It's an Italian sausage smothered in Italian beef on a hoagie style roll. One big massive masterpiece of a sandwich. Fratillo's is good too.

My favorite pizza joints in Pennsylvania is a tie between Jo Jo's Pizza in Mechanicsburg, PA and Marino's in Williamsport, PA. Both make awesome hoagies and cheese steaks too.

I had a decent cheese steak in Allentown though a few weeks ago at a place called "Palumbo's". Their pizza looked pretty-tasty too although I didn't have any. I'm sure I be revisiting that place.

#2238 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

hoagies and cheese steaks too.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

sausage smothered in Italian beef on a hoagie style roll. One big massive masterpiece of a sandwich. Fratillo's is good too.

you'll be fine in Allentown.All the food is the same color:Brown, and if its not,they will put something brown on it.

#2239 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

100% agree. There is no good pizza in Pennsy.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

My favorite pizza joints in Pennsylvania is a tie between Jo Jo's Pizza in Mechanicsburg, PA and Marino's in Williamsport, PA. Both make awesome hoagies and cheese steaks too.

You've obviously never had Amato's Pizza before in Levittown off Trenton Rd. Their Sicilian pizza is the absolute best, and their cheesesteaks are ridiculously fresh and cooked to perfection as well. Such tasty food at this pizza joint that they don't even have to offer delivery service. People drive to eat in or pick it up without quarrel. Luckily it's only a 5 minute drive for me.

#2240 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You've obviously never had Amato's Pizza before in Levittown off Trenton Rd. Their Sicilian pizza is the absolute best, and their cheesesteaks are ridiculously fresh and cooked to perfection as well. Such tasty food at this pizza joint that they don't even have to offer delivery service. People drive to eat in or pick it up without quarrel. Luckily it's only a 5 minute drive for me.

and you my friend have obviously never been to De'Lorenso's in robinsville nj. tomato pie at its best!

#2241 7 years ago

Yeah I've been to both those places. I wasn't really impressed with either one.

Just kidding!

lol

#2242 7 years ago

We were with my son's soccer team in the middle of PA when I called the front desk of the resort to order 5 pies. I asked for 2 of them to be sicilian. The woman on the phone asked her co worker if they can make civilian pizza. I promptly declined and accepted 5 regular pies!

#2243 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

We were with my son's soccer team in the middle of PA when I called the front desk of the resort to order 5 pies. I asked for 2 of them to be sicilian. The woman on the phone asked her co worker if they can make civilian pizza. I promptly declined and accepted 5 regular pies!

Now now Chris....don't be bashing PA!!!!

#2244 7 years ago

Lol no Colson, nothing against PA at all, I just had to share the fact that I ran across not one, but 2 individuals that had never heard of a sicilian pizza?!

#2245 7 years ago

I just found it funny that my Pinball Magic survived travel to and from the show, a day of hard play, and then I get it home, it sits for a bit, then this happens when I go to set it up.

whoops2_(resized).jpgwhoops2_(resized).jpg

whoops1_(resized).jpgwhoops1_(resized).jpg

Just needs some glue, clamps and finishing nails, but after the shock wore off I found it ironic.

Chris

#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Lol no Colson, nothing against PA at all, I just had to share the fact that I ran across not one, but 2 individuals that had never heard of a sicilian pizza?!

What do you expect, sounds like you ordered pizza from a hotel.

#2247 7 years ago

will this thread keep going to next years Pinfest?

#2248 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Maybe til York at least.
It was nice meeting you on Monday.

1 week later
#2249 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Quoted from TaTa:

Maybe til York at least.

Wait....the Allentown show happened already? Bill should be holding his Sausage Fest 2016 party soon.

#2250 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Wait....the Allentown show happened already? Bill should be holding his Sausage Fest 2016 party soon.

when your busy selling con lux convex or what ever protectors they are you tend to miss the show!
and whats with the sausage? something you guys aren't telling me? ill skip that one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread/page/45?hl=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.