image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG
There are 2,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 46.
#1851 7 years ago

PinballSTAR's AMH raffle is still going - We only have about 20 sold so far - need a BIG push if we can finish up and draw the winner tonight at the show... If not we'll keep selling and draw when we sell out... Details here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-newamh-charity-raffle-allentown-pinfest-16

#1852 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I noticed a handful of games, mostly in the back row, were not set for free play. One even had a note on the back glass saying it was a buck per game. This was my first PinFest- is this normal? I thought everything would be on free play.
Aside from that it was a great show. Pinnovators had some awesome machines!

The back row was a vendor area (Pinnovators maybe?) someone here posted the lineup when they set it up. That's a paid area and they don't have to be on free play. The area by BBB was Rockland pinball. Also a paid area. The $1 a game was for charity.

#1853 7 years ago

T2 game me problems late yesterday. Coil locked on & blew a transistor. coil replaced & brand new Pin Led driver board installed. It also was getting balls stuck in the head. That turned out to be the drop target switch was loose so it wasn't going up & down & balls would get stuck. Hoping for a smooth day today with it. People were enjoying it that I saw.
SWE1 is sold along with Whirlwind.

#1854 7 years ago

I almost bought that dancing lady for 250.00. It had a cracked backglass and needed some love but it played and for 250 you could put a couple hundred into it . I just thought it was a neat game and wasn't overpriced like most of the Gottlieb EMs. People wouldn't come off the prices. Chicago coin, Williams, Bally priced OK but Gottliebs were up there. I'm only talking about the EM games

#1855 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

The back row was a vendor area (Pinnovators maybe?) someone here posted the lineup when they set it up. That's a paid area and they don't have to be on free play. The area by BBB was Rockland pinball. Also a paid area. The $1 a game was for charity.

The row against the back wall was all my unshopped games for sale... They are for sale not on free play... But there's no sign asking for you to put money into the games to play... There is only prices to buy the games...

Games left for sale today
Demolition man
Frankenstein
World poker tour
Fun house (project)
Monopoly
Teed off
Stern playboy

#1856 7 years ago

If you want fantastic donuts go over to farmers market and hit up Maryann donut kitchen. Once you do you may never eat Dunkin again. And if you want a few dozen to bring home, just put your order in and she'll set it aside for you. Grabbed a bunch last night before I took off. having them now with morning coffee and I'm in food euphoria

#1857 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The row against the back wall was all my unshopped games for sale... They are for sale not on free play... But there's no sign asking for you to put money into the games to play... There is only prices to buy the games

It wasn't that far back, it was the row just beyond free play area; realize now that was Rockland Pinball's vendor area and not a free play row.

The Machines you had in the Pinnovators booth to demo the headset system were awesome; really enjoyed trying them out. Thanks for bringing and sharing them!

#1858 7 years ago

Here's that roached FH for $2200

20160507091322746_(resized).jpg20160507091322746_(resized).jpg

20160507091330503_(resized).jpg20160507091330503_(resized).jpg

#1859 7 years ago

I think you mean Steve at Mayfair?

Steve from PBR has quit being a vendor at this show for a few years now due to too much travel and moving/settings up and tearing down for his age.

Quoted from Lermods:

Nice to meet steve at pbr, long drive for him.

#1860 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's that roached FH for $2200

probably just a fuse.

#1861 7 years ago

Had a great time yesterday! Got to play a bunch of games I never played before, which is always a goal of mine. A lot more crowded than I expected for Friday...I felt it was more crowded than Saturday last year. First time there on a Friday.

That was JPop there, right? The guy with the long hair with the girl with the gigantic fake jugs? I'm surprised he shows his face around pinball folks...

#1862 7 years ago

Ghostbusters has lots of airballs that drain, balls that jump the outline and drop targets that won't fucking drop down when you nail them.

Had all that happen in most every game we played.

#1863 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Had a great time yesterday! Got to play a bunch of games I never played before, which is always a goal of mine. A lot more crowded than I expected for Friday...I felt it was more crowded than Saturday last year. First time there on a Friday.
That was JPop there, right? The guy with the long hair with the girl with the gigantic fake jugs? I'm surprised he shows his face around pinball folks...

Are you serious?

Did you mean the gal in black leather with the fake tan and...assets...with the dope leading her around?

It took everything I had not to bust out laughing at the cliche...I even told my wife about it who snorted wine out her nose at my retelling.

I hope it's not anyone on here and I'm not offending anyone, but...seriously? Do people not know how ridiculous they look like that?

#1864 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Are you serious?
Did you mean the gal in black leather with the fake tan and...assets...with the dope leading her around?
It took everything I had not to bust out laughing at the cliche...I even told my wife about it who snorted wine out her nose at my retelling.
I hope it's not anyone on here and I'm not offending anyone, but...seriously? Do people not know how ridiculous they look like that?

That is who I mean! And I am pretty sure the dope leading her around was John Popadiuk. At least it looked a lot like him.

#1865 7 years ago

I could be wrong, but for some reason I think that's the guy that owns rock fantasy. I had to do a double take myself, I thought it was JPop too for a second

#1866 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I could be wrong, but for some reason I think that's the guy that owns rock fantasy. I had to do a double take myself, I thought it was JPop too for a second

I did a double-take too, lol

#1867 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

That is who I mean! And I am pretty sure the dope leading her around was John Popadiuk. At least it looked a lot like him.

Not JP

#1868 7 years ago

My bad! Looks a lot like him though.

#1869 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Was it just me or did it seam like a lot of early SS and Em games were leveled to flat. Some games I could have sworn the ball was going rolling away from me???

Not you at all...I thought most of the games seemed to be flat. I like mine faster and I guess I'm spoiled.

#1870 7 years ago

Seriously, how stupid are you guys. There's a really good chance you're insulting a pinside member. Some growing up is in order.

#1871 7 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

Not you at all...I thought most of the games seemed to be flat. I like mine faster and I guess I'm spoiled.

I'm back today for a few hours. Hopefully someone brought a monkey wrench and a level. Yeah like my games with a little more slant. I know EM's are slower but not that damn slow.

#1872 7 years ago

I had a great time at the show. Played some great games including Ghost Busters. Met some new people including vendors and got to walk around with my friends talking pinball. If you are interested check out my blog post with pics, quick review, and video.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/05/07/pinfest-2016-allentown-pennsylvania-friday-may-6th-highlights/

dsc01934_(resized).jpgdsc01934_(resized).jpg
dsc01889_(resized).jpgdsc01889_(resized).jpg
dsc01913_(resized).jpgdsc01913_(resized).jpg
dsc01899_(resized).jpgdsc01899_(resized).jpg
dsc01895_(resized).jpgdsc01895_(resized).jpg
dsc01931_(resized).jpgdsc01931_(resized).jpg

#1873 7 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

There's a really good chance you're insulting a pinside member. Some growing up is in order.

I agree, also, making fun might discourage flaunting boobs at future events by other attendees. Sometime chics get competitive with shit like this. The ball might already be rolling for a huge titty turnout next year and if all this making fun stopped it.... well.... I'm not sure that's a world I wanna live in

#1874 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I agree, also, making fun might discourage flaunting boobs at future events by other attendees. Sometime chics get competitive with shit like this. The ball might already be rolling for a huge titty turnout next year and if all this making fun stopped it.... well.... I'm not sure that's a world I wanna live in

Now that's funny.

Seriously, though--my comment isn't to criticize the oggling. It's the fact that you may very well (and I think are) making fun of someone here on pinside. That part is uncalled for.

#1875 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

That was an absolutely amazing pin; was blown away by how new it looked!

I was amazed by this.... Bop 2.0 was easily one of the top games there. Stunning and fantastic gameplay

#1876 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I think you mean Steve at Mayfair?
Steve from PBR has quit being a vendor at this show for a few years now due to too much travel and moving/settings up and tearing down for his age.

Steve from Pinball refinery was there. There was a PBR gb and an avatar.

#1877 7 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Now that's funny.
Seriously, though--my comment isn't to criticize the oggling. It's the fact that you may very well (and I think are) making fun of someone here on pinside. That part is uncalled for.

I agree 100%

#1878 7 years ago

Hey folks!

Hope everyone is having a blast at Pinfest this year!

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a video walk through of the pins for me? Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Even a cell phone video would be great. Just a quick couple seconds showing each pin.

If you can help me out please let me know.

Thanks and HAVE FUN!

MVP

#1879 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The row against the back wall was all my unshopped games for sale... They are for sale not on free play... But there's no sign asking for you to put money into the games to play... There is only prices to buy the games...
Games left for sale today
Demolition man
Frankenstein
World poker tour
Fun house (project)
Monopoly
Teed off
Stern playboy

I meant that that was a paid vendor space area to set up games and that meant you were not obligated to put them on free play.

#1880 7 years ago

Butch- what happened to those machines? I heard power issues fried most of those games on the back wall.

#1881 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Butch- what happened to those machines? I heard power issues fried most of those games on the back wall.

I didn't hear anything about power issues. Terminator had a coil locked on and fried s transistor so I swapped out a brand new board in there.

#1882 7 years ago

I'm the proud owner of a mini cycle!!

#1883 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Steve from Pinball refinery was there. There was a PBR gb and an avatar.

I believe DRDAVE took your original "Steve st PBR" as meaning Steve from Pinball Resource, as most would, hence the confusion.

#1884 7 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Give me a pm. I'm fixing pins at the show today free. Just pay for the parts.

BIG SHOTOUT to EABUNDY!!!

Brought my CPU and he swapped out the ram for a socket (he even gave me a socket as i lost mine) in about 5 minutes. A true professional, he was fast and a very nice guy. He was even able to get the old RAM out without bending a pin, im pretty sure i can re-use it if i wanted to. When i caught-up with him he was elbow deep in a Bad Cats with some power issues.

Thanks again sir! I can finally power on my WW without having to reset everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1885 7 years ago
Quoted from MaskedVillian:

Hey folks!
Hope everyone is having a blast at Pinfest this year!
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a video walk through of the pins for me? Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Even a cell phone video would be great. Just a quick couple seconds showing each pin.
If you can help me out please let me know.
Thanks and HAVE FUN!
MVP

Todd from TNT Amusement was making a video last night of a lot of the machines. Check out their youtube channel. I bet it will be up shortly.

#1886 7 years ago

Last call for an original Medieval Madness translite in good shape $70. Will be here until 3pm.

#1887 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I didn't hear anything about power issues. Terminator had a coil locked on and fried s transistor so I swapped out a brand new board in there.

I was talking to Lorenzo this morning, those are his pins along that wall, and he was telling me that power issues screwed up a few games.

#1888 7 years ago

Fhew, Pinfest just exposed to me how out of shape I am, dammit. Saturday sucked, they should move it to setup friday and saturday show, its a shame when half the place is empty before lunch saturday. Some of us WORK and pay TAXES! JABRONIES!

#1889 7 years ago

Oh and Ghostbusters is AWESOME.

#1890 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

No

#1891 7 years ago

My wife and I agreed that this was the best show we've attended. We only have attended York and Allentown the past 3-4 years, but this show was great. We haven't had local locations with pinballs until within the last two months, and they're getting a GB Pro in a few weeks. thriled to be able to put more games on GB to see if I start feeling better about it.

To be able to play all the newest games: SM VE; GoT Pro & Premium, Rob Zombie, GB, Hobbit and even ST is new to us, was just a blast. We made the smart decision to come in Thursday with our two pins for the freeplay area, so we had lots of time on all the pins without the public there. Also took advantage of the non-public times Friday and Sat mornings.

Lucky for me that when my wife asked Melissa at the Cointaker booth if a GoT was still available, the answer was they are all sold. We likely would've came home with our first NIB pin because we really had such a blast playing. I put up the GC high score on Friday evening of 914million and it was such a rush of a game. Loved it!

We enjoyed GB, but ran into issues I've seen mentioned here - drop targets not dropping on solid, direct hits; crazy airballs from the left ramp stand ups that drained on the left outlane; balls jumping the outlanes; had a few balls dribble from the right saucer and into the outlane.

Hobbit was just bland to us. Shots didn't feel exciting and smooth and the game was kind of floaty and open. We could've kept playing as many games as we wanted and played only twice. MM awaited us.

Full Throttle looked gorgeous, but we maybe had ADD with everything else to play that possibly didn't give it a fair shake. But we almost walked away after each playing ball 2, but finished it up. I would need to have at least 10 focused games on it to really get a feel. Ramps look smooth and fun.

The Big Lebowski was cool looking, but we only played a game on it. Sweet looking color screen and animations and great looking playfield.

Rob Zombie also is a game I would need to put some time on, plus would need a quiet environment to properly hear it - same for a lot of other pins. Gameplay is not what we enjoy, but can see how it would be loved by others.

#1892 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I was amazed by this.... Bop 2.0 was easily one of the top games there. Stunning and fantastic gameplay

No em for you... You Show up and don't let people know :p

#1893 7 years ago

Oh yeah, was watching the BoP 2.0 while in line for Lebowski and MAN WAS THAT STUNNING!

#1894 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I noticed a handful of games, mostly in the back row, were not set for free play. One even had a note on the back glass saying it was a buck per game. This was my first PinFest- is this normal? I thought everything would be on free play.
Aside from that it was a great show. Pinnovators had some awesome machines!

Shows will have free play areas, market areas and vendor areas. Only the free play area are games going to be "required" to be open for play. Vendors can have games setup however they want... You see most are open for play but not all. That is normal for all shows. Vendors are paying. It's not uncommon at all to see games on but not open to play unless you are a serious buyer, etc

The rockland guys brought games for play they would not have otherwise brought for free play area and wanted to find a balance so they made them $1 play for charity to balance out how much play they'd get

#1895 7 years ago

Got lucky and we played a two player BBB when a couple walked away after player 1's ball one.

#1896 7 years ago

Made my first trip to Allentown and i'm glad I did. I got to play many games that I have not tried before. My favorites of the show were the Pinbot and Black Knight sitting next to each other. Kudos to whomever restored those two. I have a soft spot for 80's William's machines and they looked and played very nice! The Farmers market next door is a huge bonus of the show!

#1897 7 years ago

Last chance! Shlockdoc did the glass mod on the way out

IMG_20160507_181609059_(resized).jpgIMG_20160507_181609059_(resized).jpg

#1898 7 years ago

What are Gottlieb E/M machines running for? Previous posts say prices are high. Give us some examples.

#1899 7 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

What are Gottlieb E/M machines running for? Previous posts say prices are high. Give us some examples.

Wedgeheads in the flea market for instance were 600+ for cosmetically solid games. I didn't look in the free play area.

#1900 7 years ago

Recap of day two. Got to play the BBB. If I'll ever call a pin sexy this would be it. Yeah I was the guy humping the leg. I would love to see another run of these.
Got to meet some of my facebook friends and a few more pinsiders. Including The Flow-master Forceflow.
Sold off a few more parts. Then spent too much money on parts I didn't need and didn't have enough for what I did need.
Was back to playing some more EM's. I think over all there were a lot more people playing them this year. Seen some younger generation on them too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 2,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread/page/38?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.