image_(resized).jpeg
20160506_111838_(resized).jpg
20160507_200624_(resized).jpg
20160507_110139_(resized).jpg
20160506_195717_(resized).jpg
20160506_160625_(resized).jpg
HPIM3102_(resized).JPG
HPIM3101_(resized).JPG
There are 2,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 46.
#1801 7 years ago

Staying at the Ramada. They got a nice White Water in the bar. Also comedy club show starts at 9pm tonight.

#1802 7 years ago

I agree on the junk yard...very nice

#1803 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I saw one there but don't know the details.

If I remember correctly and we are talking about the same machine the backglass was shot big time.

#1804 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If I remember correctly and we are talking about the same machine the backglass was shot big time.

Could be. I only glanced.

#1805 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Had a blast at the show today. Other than the owner of the TOM in the free play area who did not put his game on free play and kept dropping F-bombs in front of my 10 year old daughter when someone asked him about it, i couldn't have asked for more. Tons of games and the lines weren't too long. Got to play Congo and junkyard for the first time tough and definitely want to buy or trade for a junk yard now. The food at the farmers market was great too. Will definitely be back next year.

Was that the TOM that was never turned on? I never came across another one. I to played a JY for the first time today and it is on my NEED list. I'm searching to buy as I type. Did you play the one that I did with the topper? That thing was gorgeous!!!

#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Was that the TOM that was never turned on? I never came across another one. I to played a JY for the first time today and it is on my NEED list. I'm searching to buy as I type. Did you play the one that I did with the topper? That thing was gorgeous!!!

there were two TOMs - one with a towel on it and turned off all day and one turned on all day but not on free play. Don't want to be too negative, even though I was pretty ticked, so I'll stop there.

Yes the junk yard with the awesome topper got me hooked! I'm thinking of trying to trade my Tommy for one

#1807 7 years ago

Well, fighting a bad cold and some nasty weather, I made it through the day at Allentown. I barely played any machines; this show was all about meeting up with great Pinsiders, and my only regret is missing Guinnesstime before he split. (Some are coming tomorrow that I won't meet because I won't be there... ) Also missed seeing Songofsixpence. But I got to meet one of my favorite people in the world, ForceFlow (really...I want to be as nice as him in my next life), and got to watch my wife hit the sauce hard with Skypilot and Yzfguy. And Rcbrown is f**king funny as hell.

A really great show, and kudos to Ivan for upping the ante this year. The show is the best Allentown show yet, and it was evident in the increased crowd this year.

On to Pintastic next....

#1808 7 years ago

This coil went kablooie

20160506102748395_(resized).jpg20160506102748395_(resized).jpg

#1809 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This coil went kablooie

#1810 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This coil went kablooie

Damn ... that's impressive.

#1811 7 years ago

Just got back to Jersey picked up a Gottlieb Pro Football 1973

#1812 7 years ago

Anyone see a nice Doctor Who pin at the show?

#1813 7 years ago

The really nice & chromed out BK2000 was back again this year

20160506101956825_(resized).jpg20160506101956825_(resized).jpg20160506102022543_(resized).jpg20160506102022543_(resized).jpg20160506102005993_(resized).jpg20160506102005993_(resized).jpg20160506102010714_(resized).jpg20160506102010714_(resized).jpg

#1814 7 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

There was one, but I only ever saw it with a sold sign and the backbox folded down.

#1815 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The really nice & chromed out BK2000 was back again this year

Yeah that baby was nice!! Makes mine look like a dog. Wait, mine is a dog but anyhow. Looked great.

Got to get some games in on the GB Pro from Pinball refinery. Was really impressed.
Highlights of my day were meeting a few pinsiders and getting to play a pinball Magic.

#1816 7 years ago

Can bring the follow glasses tomorrow:

Gottlieb's
Countdown
Solar ride
Star Race
Pinball Pool
Buck Rogers
Genie
Panthera

Stern's
Sea witch
Star Gazer
Iron Maiden(front only)

Game Plan - Andromeda

Finally there is a Furie glass which was a conversion of Williams Flash.

All of the glasses are excellent condition. Leaving at 9am so pm me before and I will pop them in.

#1817 7 years ago

So many great pins so little time. Going back again tomorrow. Jumped around and tried to play a little bit of everything. Ghostbusters, GoT, BBB, and some really great EMs. Might have been the best selection of pins I've ever seen there. Thanks to the organizers and those kind enough to share their pins.

#1818 7 years ago

I'm sure everyone saw her but did anyone get a pic of the lovely dirty blonde in the black outfit? Jesus! What a pretty pair!

#1819 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah that baby was nice!! Makes mine look like a dog. Wait, mine is a dog but anyhow. Looked great.
Got to get some games in on the GB Pro from Pinball refinery. Was really impressed.
Highlights of my day were meeting a few pinsiders and getting to play a pinball Magic.

IMG_2758_(resized).JPGIMG_2758_(resized).JPG

#1820 7 years ago

So tired... like 7.8 miles of walking today lol. So pissed I missed the Atari pinball CPU I went to get something from someone and the seller was no where to be found. Came back he was there and someone JUST bought it.

#1821 7 years ago

Was it just me or did it seam like a lot of early SS and Em games were leveled to flat. Some games I could have sworn the ball was going rolling away from me???

#1822 7 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

Just one. It sold to Timeline Arcade in Hanover

#1823 7 years ago
Quoted from thebman80:

So tired... like 7.8 miles of walking today lol. So pissed I missed the Atari pinball CPU I went to get something from someone and the seller was no where to be found. Came back he was there and someone JUST bought it.

I grabbed a couple, and I saw two other folks walking around with others.

If you're really desperate for one in order to bring a game back to life, feel free to give me a holler. I'll be at the show all day.

#1824 7 years ago

Pinfest 2016 blew any other show out of the water I have ever been to by a landslide. This year was amazing, and when they said it was going to be huge they sure were right.

All possible space/rows were completely filled to where free play machines were being placed up against walls by the flea market area garage door. I call that a success. Selection blew me away.

Wedgehead row rocked. Those are the best playing EMs in the whole place by far, some of the ones further into the building definitely needed some love but that's not rare to see at these shows.

I was very sad to see it start to go away after the time where the removal penalty went away. Looks like it took a big hit this year, glad I came on Friday for sure and people were right, it's so much better than Saturday by far. There's a lot of gaps now and not quite what it was but still very nice, just maybe a little less shock factor. There was seriously a filled to the brim inventory with very little spacing between the games. It was beautiful to see, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of machines brought together. Bigger than anything I've ever seen.

Wedgehead row stayed pretty intact though (minus a Team One) and they're all running really great (with some great owners) so give them a good whirl tomorrow too!

#1825 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Was it just me or did it seam like a lot of early SS and Em games were leveled to flat. Some games I could have sworn the ball was going rolling away from me???

Yeah, I noticed the same.

I actually had to adjust the levelers on my game significantly on the show floor for it to play like it did at home.

#1826 7 years ago

I had an awesome time today. I will be here all day tomorrow too. Enjoyed hanging with beelzeboob's better half. Beelzeboob.....meh......I met the infamous Skypilot! Songofsixpence, billpaterno,Stavs, Butch,etc, etc. Met hemi and bought his creeping death mod for Met!

Pingraffix rocks, awesome stuff and good people. Cointaker, of course, are also great.
We really have a lot of great peeps in this hobby and that is sometimes forgotten with some drama. When it comes down to it, we are all dorks with a hobby in common. Wait....that was the binge drinking talking....I hate all of you and your podcasts

#1827 7 years ago

I had a great time today, seemed to be the busiest show there in years, maybe ever.

GOT was decent, not sure if I like pro or premium or LE better. The various model choices still drive me insane.

Ghostbusters seemed to be the coolest new Stern in awhile.

Rob Zombie - very disappointed I couldn't hear it at all, very hard to rock out on it. Probably the biggest disappointment, game seemed okay but I couldn't get into it without volume.

Hobbit was decent. Still torn, but I think I'm leaning towards WOZ still out of the two.

I waited till the end to hop in line for Big Lebowski, had to do 4 player game, the 2nd player had a ball get lost, then the game got stuck and wouldn't get out of the boot screen. So I didn't even get a turn. The prototype I played last year is all I have gotten to see and it was great. Nice classy look, the whole package is pretty sweet.

There weren't as many stinky, dirty, perverted people there this year which was nice also.

Prices seem to keep rising, definitely on the high end this year.

Nice to see BigD and a few others - Butch, JT Amusements & etc.

#1828 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Whomever had the Junkyard that wasn't for sale, that thing was absolutely gorgeous!!!! I would have loved to have taken it home. I'm actually pretty disappointed in the show. Not many people took credit cards, some of the machine's were definitely over priced for their condition and the selection of what was for sale was meh. Ultimately I had come for a FG and WOF to take home but not a single one was there. A waste of a 2.5 hr trip to only spend two hours there and come home with an empty truck.

You should make a wtb at show listing. Praying the title you want from 8 years ago will be there for sale is far fetched.

#1829 7 years ago

NEVER eat at the choke & puke inside the show. Nasty unhealthy overpriced crap.
Wish someone would have pointed you to the Farmer's Market across the street where fresh tasty food in all different varieties awaited you.

My favorite is Loam's Vietnamese Bistro. A Vietnamese Father and his daughter operate this small establishment. Best food I've had anywhere. And the best Pho you'll ever have!

Quoted from Moli410:

This was my first Pinfest and I must say I had an awesome time, other than the food that made me sick when I got home! Lots of great pins and was very excited to get the chance to play the new Ghostbusters pin! Ghostbusters is def next on my list to buy!

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Wish someone would have pointed you to the Farmer's Market across the street where fresh tasty food in all different varieties awaited you.
My favorite is Loam's Vietnamese Bistro. A Vietnamese Father and his daughter operate this small establishment. Best food I've had anywhere. And the best Pho you'll ever have!

Oh man, Don't eat inside. Made that mistake last year. Went to Farmers Market this year. Great food and some really good beef jerky.

#1832 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

There weren't as many stinky, dirty, perverted people there this year which was nice also.

And I thought you were the Stinky, dirty, perverted people???

Didn't even see you there. I'll be there tomorrow, if your going PM me.

#1833 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

To late. I had the bbq sandwich that was nothing like I expected it to be and the mediocre mozzarella sticks. I was in such a hurry to eat that I had completely forgotten that everyone here said to eat at the market. I didn't realize that I had missed out until I was on the way home. I never experienced any side effects lol.

#1834 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Nicest game at the show, Cointaker's beautiful BOP 2.0

That was an absolutely amazing pin; was blown away by how new it looked!

#1835 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Didn't even see you there. I'll be there tomorrow, if your going PM me.

Man I thought I may have caught a quick glimpse of you in a fast moving crowd in both directions at one point... Tempted to return tomorrow but probably not gonna make it. Would have been cool to see you. Let me know if you're up my way ever. Thanks again for those awesome displays!

#1836 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

...in the free play area who did not put his game on free play

I noticed a handful of games, mostly in the back row, were not set for free play. One even had a note on the back glass saying it was a buck per game. This was my first PinFest- is this normal? I thought everything would be on free play.

Aside from that it was a great show. Pinnovators had some awesome machines!

#1838 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I noticed a handful of games, mostly in the back row, were not set for free play. One even had a note on the back glass saying it was a buck per game. This was my first PinFest- is this normal? I thought everything would be on free play.
Aside from that it was a great show. Pinnovators had some awesome machines!

I'm pretty sure the ones you are talking about were from Rockland Pinball. They were part of his for sale stuff. Guess they ran out of room at his paid space. Not part of the free play games.

#1839 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

That was an absolutely amazing pin; was blown away by how new it looked!

Yep, it sure did look real nice. The modded pop bumper caps really lit up that normally dark area. And the translucent rubbers were a nice touch.

20160506110750425_(resized).jpg20160506110750425_(resized).jpg20160506110803258_(resized).jpg20160506110803258_(resized).jpg20160506110757969_(resized).jpg20160506110757969_(resized).jpg20160506110814006_(resized).jpg20160506110814006_(resized).jpg

#1840 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm pretty sure the ones you are talking about were from Rockland Pinball. They were part of his for sale stuff. Guess they ran out of room at his paid space. Not part of the free play games.

Yeah, that cluster of games was in the rockland pinball booth.

#1841 7 years ago

By the way the bride 2.0 was not cointakers it was dons ( burningmans) and it was a absolutely beautiful restored pin . Matter fact it won best dmd pin . Absolutely beautiful job ... i want it

#1842 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I saw signs for Cancer Society donations with those group of pins. Thinking the coin (bill) drop was for that.

#1843 7 years ago

People ever bring more games on Saturday or is what u saw on Friday it? Wanted to spend some money but either missed out or didn't see what I was looking for.

#1844 7 years ago

Whew, LONG DAY, got there from MA around 12:30 today, Finally got to meet some Pinsiders I have chatted and emailed back and forth with, I wanted a chance at Ghostbusters, but the crowds were always around it.. I did get to play The Hobbit, I think WOZ is the better game of the 2 having played both now, I know it would never happen, but I kinda wish Pinsiders wore name badges, you could be standing right next to someone you have chatted with for years and not know it, I kept thinking about that all day today..

Only thing I would have liked to have seen were more parts vendors, Coin Taker had a great set up, Laser riffic had the coolest toppers, made me wish I had some of the games just so I could buy quite a few of those toppers, Sadly none of them were for games in my collection. Just found the basic stuff seemed to be less available than I remember from a few years ago, I was so hoping the plastic I needed would be in the Flea Market area, but no such luck there

Glad I made the trip, got to visit the Farmers Market again, played some pinball, spent some money.. good day overall!

#1846 7 years ago

Put some games on many pins and gb is awesome and so is sm ve big disappointment with rob zombie as the art looks good from distance but up close is not the best and the game play left alot to be desired as it just didn't feel good . Many people I talked to that are in on it said the same and mentioned they will just sell once they receive theirs. Overall great show and cant wait till tomorrow

#1847 7 years ago

Finally finished my Super Mario Bros tonight so I'll be bringing it tomorrow for the free play area. It is for sale!Powdercoated legs, rails, coin door, wire ramp. Full LED treatment including LED strip in center drain. New urethane flipper rubbers and posts. New leg levelers, rubbers, balls.

SMB-01_(resized).jpgSMB-01_(resized).jpgSMB-02_(resized).jpgSMB-02_(resized).jpgSMB-03_(resized).jpgSMB-03_(resized).jpgSMB-04_(resized).jpgSMB-04_(resized).jpgSMB-05_(resized).jpgSMB-05_(resized).jpgSMB-06_(resized).jpgSMB-06_(resized).jpgSMB-07_(resized).jpgSMB-07_(resized).jpgSMB-08_(resized).jpgSMB-08_(resized).jpg

Added over 8 years ago: SMB has sold and is on it's way to it's new home in NC!

#1848 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I think the Pinball Magic is mine Glad you enjoyed it! I wanted to get there so much earlier, but work schedule did not allow for it.

See you there Saturday hopefully!

Chris

#1849 7 years ago

The show was better than last year. Seemed like there were more pins and vendors. There were 4 Th to play and cointaker was nice enough to put out like 10 pins, all of the newer sterns. Played gb and liked it, definitely a different kind of layout. SM need more time on it, didn't get to play got, unfortunately. Nice to meet steve at pbr, long drive for him. I'm in the minority I guess, I liked amh and the Rob zombie pins.

I felt a lot of the pins for sale were priced high, not many deals on the floor. Ivan had what looked like a Huo ngg, very nice condition.

I picked up a new pinled display for my ww, $125, thought that was a decent deal, a rubber
Kit enough for three games for $40 and some super bands, which weren't any cheaper. No tax or shipping so buying from Marco and CT at the show saves some money.

I think my biggest surprise was how much I liked T2, wasnt expecting that.

Great show overall! Thanks to the organizers.

Oh, and strikes n spares is a really fun game, just not 1200 fun, 800 fun maybe, which is what automated wanted for one at the JJP last year.

20160506_154459_(resized).jpg20160506_154459_(resized).jpg

20160506_152944_(resized).jpg20160506_152944_(resized).jpg

20160506_153449_(resized).jpg20160506_153449_(resized).jpg

20160506_144121_(resized).jpg20160506_144121_(resized).jpg

20160506_160553_(resized).jpg20160506_160553_(resized).jpg

#1850 7 years ago

A new, "Bro, do you even talk pinball?" podcast from Allentown with Taylor from This Flippin' Podcast is up! Listening/viewing options are up at http://www.buffalopinball.com/podcast (YouTube only for video this time, and that version is still processing so give that some time).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-allentown-pinfest-2016-thread/page/37?hl=pinsrgrt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.