Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

OK what am i missing? There is a AFM for $6,500 or best offer from Montana. It has been there for quite some time. Isn't this a good deal evan at $6,500? Thinking about buying. Please advise. Again, am I missing something?

#2 9 years ago

Two things I noticed are it's a re-import and the SOL is blown out big time.

Edit - Forgot to add the faded cab.

I have no clue what's is worth but those items stick out to me. He says the PF is great but his pics are hard to tell. That SOL doesn't seem to be anywhere near "great" so that downplays the rest of his assessment in my eyes.

#3 9 years ago

SOL bro? And anything in it self wrong with a re-import? ( I mean besides changing out the coin door)

#4 9 years ago

Stroke of Luck hole.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

SOL bro? And anything in it self wrong with a re-import? ( I mean besides changing out the coin door)

Stoke of luck. Take the last pic and open it so you can see it full size. Still pretty blurry but it looks like the stroke of luck is worn all the way down to both post. Could be the lighting but as the pic shows it looks really bad to me.

For a re-import the power needs to be converted. Being it's playing in the US it must be done now. But a re-import is generally less desirable by collectors which impacts value.

#6 9 years ago

thanks guys. So even at a BO of 6K for an AMF....no good?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

thanks guys. So even at a BO of 6K for an AMF....no good?

Providing he would accept? 6k still a bad deal?

#8 9 years ago

AFM is one of those titles everyone wants 10/10. You have fading on the cabinet both the upper and lower cabinet as well as the coin door and a damaged SOL hole. Those repairs aren't going to be either cheap or easy .

That's why it's not moving at $6500.

#9 9 years ago

Say for this title i am not one of those. More concerned about the playfield than I am about the cabinet( i will put it in-between MM and TOTAN so no one will see it anyway. Outside of the SOL hole...any concerns at 6k?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Say for this title i am not one of those. More concerned about the playfield than I am about the cabinet( i will put it in-between MM and TOTAN so no one will see it anyway. Outside of the SOL hole...any concerns at 6k?

If you aren't ever concern about you won't get your money back when you sell it down the road, then buy and play the shit out of it. With remake rumor going around, the fully restored ones are sold/selling around $8k.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

If you aren't ever concern about you won't get your money back when you sell it down the road, then buy and play the shit out it. With remake rumor going around, the fully restored ones are sold/selling around $8k.

Thanks bro! I agree...if your going to play something....play the shit out of it!

#12 9 years ago

Looks ok I would try to get it for 6k Afm is a great pin remake or no remake mines a keeper !!

#13 9 years ago

Offer to buy it outside of ebay. That'd save him a lot of fees that he could kick to you IFF you can check t out and pick it up in person.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

But a re-import is generally less desirable by collectors which impacts value.

I respectfully disagree with this. I know there is a split on this...but I don't think a good re-import is any different than a good solely-domestic...assuming equal condition. Once the game is converted, it's the same exact game. For some this may matter...but a game is a game, IMO. Assuming a game checks-out, you'd be crazy to pass on a game just because it's a re-import.

#15 9 years ago

^^Agree 100%^^

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I respectfully disagree with this. I know there is a split on this...but I don't think a good re-import is any different than a good solely-domestic...assuming equal condition. Once the game is converted, it's the same exact game. For some this may matter...but a game is a game, IMO. Assuming a game checks-out, you'd be crazy to pass on a game just because it's a re-import.

If you know there is a split then you dont disagree, because some people will look at it as devaluing it. That will leave you with less people to buy the pin, and in essence devalue the pin.

I dont agree with it and have no problem with a re-import, but some people do and that hurts the value.

#17 9 years ago

It doesn't matter if its a re-import or not especially if the game is already playable in what ever country you are buying. Overall condition matters!!! D bags will use any reason to try to lower a purchase price, but talk to these same people if they are selling and they will argue the opposite! It's the classic buy low/sell high mentality! I didnt look at the machine but if the playfield has wear ,the cab. has fade and it needs a full restoration you could easily put $2500-5000 (or more)depending on the level you want to get it to. I would ballpark it in somewhere in the 3's to 4 max , of course everyone is entiltled to their own opinion... also talk of a possible remake means nothing until the game is released and it has proven itself to be comparable to the original and holds up over time. Quality Originals will aways be worth more than any remake!

Gpro show me a totally 100% restored machine for 8 with new playfield ,plastics, cabinet redone etc. i will buy it today. thats a dream, the last few on pinside have sold in the low 9's.

#18 9 years ago

And by the way i purchased my first pin back in 1996 and have lurked here on pinside for years, only recently registering last year after seeing newbies/keyboard warriors spouting crap...

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

If you know there is a split then you dont disagree

Split was a poor choice of a word, because that implies 50/50. I don't think it's even close to 50/50.

I think folks use it as a negotiating tactic, if they can...but at the end of the day, a game is a game.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

And by the way i purchased my first pin back in 1996 and have lurked here on pinside for years, only recently registering last year after seeing newbies/keyboard warriors spouting crap...

I'd be interested to see what the ultimate game room looks like as we just started our addition.As far as AFM (which I want back at some point) I would wait and see what the near future holds IMO.

#21 9 years ago

Shipping adds 3-4 hundred to the final price of the pin. Since Montana is not a very densely populated area, most people who are interested would have to consider shipping as part of the final price.

The thing about a free market economy, people can argue day and night what they think something is worth, but in the end it always boils down to the same thing; the price somebody is willing to pay for something.

To answer your question, for this particular machine, because of condition and location, and possibly other reasons, the price hasn't met the demand so the price is too high.

#22 9 years ago

Gpro show me a totally 100% restored machine for 8 with new playfield ,plastics, cabinet redone etc. i will buy it today. thats a dream, the last few on pinside have sold in the low 9's.

Here you go, put your money where your mouth is, and tell the seller I sent you his way. He will hook you right up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/13761

#23 9 years ago

If it had no water or other cabinet damage(back of head/under cab/inside cab/doesn't smell musty or like someone pissed in it) , no hack board repairs and was in tri state east coast area i would buy it for 8. I have looked at 3 in the last year all were not 100% restored and over $9000. I also had cash in hand each time so that wasn't an issue. By the way,is there a reason you have no machines listed in your profile? Do you own machines or just rate them?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Fair enough. I myself could care less. The OP asked if it was a good deal and why it wasn't sold yet. I just offered up some obvious reasons to me on why it would be sitting. There are a lot of people that wont buy a re-import, that's just fact. I to think it's silly but it is what it is.

Friend of mine bought a beautiful one that has a new cab decals, perfect cab, new playfield, nearly perfect plastics (would say new but don't know for sure), new ramps, bill ung saucers, perfect backglass, etc and he paid right at that. They are out there, especially now. Just have to be patient and remember that Pinside isn't exactly the only market.

Edit - I should add this was recently too.

#25 9 years ago

I think is a very good price ......and for me a re-import is just an excuse get a pinball at a lower price .....they play the same so why is it worth less ? because it has a 3rd coin slot ? who gives a F* if it has 5 coin slots it's not like your pumping quartes on it .......and about the the hole wear they sell the scoop protector that will cover that right away , cabinet fade ? Well they sell decals for 235 on eBay to make it look new .....so try to buy it at 6k +400 shipping +335 upgrades = $6735 ....for a afm it's a very good deal .....I just got one and I paid way more than that . Wish I could have seen this deal earlier ......

#26 9 years ago

I think the price sucks imo

#27 9 years ago

By the way,is there a reason you have no machines listed in your profile? Do you own machines or just rate them?

Relevance?

#28 9 years ago

If it had no water or other cabinet damage(back of head/under cab/inside cab/doesn't smell musty or like someone pissed in it) , no hack board repairs and was in tri state east coast area i would buy it for 8. I have looked at 3 in the last year all were not 100% restored and over $9000. I also had cash in hand each time so that wasn't an issue. By the way,is there a reason you have no machines listed in your profile? Do you own machines or just rate them?

So you haven't look recently? Ha, last year is a looong time ago, and lots have happened. Here is another restored one sold a couple months back for your viewing pleasure: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-attack-from-mars-5

Teekee is a great seller and all his games are CQ, so do yourself a favor and contact him to get the AFM that you have been looking for.

FYI, I do own pins, but I like to keep my collection private.

#29 9 years ago

rob t it seems here on pinside people who own pins value them more than those who do not/buyers. As i said earlier it's the buy low/ sell high mentality. You know the deal,if someone owns a pin its gold / if they are buying its a turd. The same thing applies to rating and condition opinions of pins. If they own it its gold/ if not a turd.

Just curious why anyone would want to keep their collection private? Home security concerns? gpo over the course of the last year, not a year ago. I will keep looking...Tri state east coast/ no shipping/ must see and play in person/ cash deal

#30 9 years ago

After lurking for years, you are sure jumping in head first.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I think is a very good price ......and for me a re-import is just an excuse get a pinball at a lower price .....they play the same so why is it worth less ? because it has a 3rd coin slot ? who gives a F* if it has 5 coin slots it's not like your pumping quartes on it .......and about the the hole wear they sell the scoop protector that will cover that right away , cabinet fade ? Well they sell decals for 235 on eBay to make it look new .....so try to buy it at 6k +400 shipping +335 upgrades = $6735 ....for a afm it's a very good deal .....I just got one and I paid way more than that . Wish I could have seen this deal earlier ......

This will work out fine if the buyer has the ability to do the work him/herself. Applying cab decals and making them look acceptable is not an easy/quick task. I do however agree that it is not a horrible price if you ignore the cost of labor or time it will need.

#32 9 years ago

I cannot get over the hype on AFM-Good pin? Yep. Solid player, mmm yes, if it's in a collection with other pins. Repetitive gameplay? You bet! Boring playfield? It's got that, too! Is it worth over 6k? No. Please notice I asked is it WORTH over that, not if people are getting that much. To date, I've had 3 in my collection and they just don't have legs. In my opinion, they're not keepers. Yes, people play them, but the main complaint I hear (this is from generally non-pinheads) is that it gets boring. Get strobe mode and that changes a bit, but not much after it's over.
I NEVER get this complaint from BSD or even CFTBL.
YMMV though.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

This will work out fine if the buyer has the ability to do the work him/herself. Applying cab decals and making them look acceptable is not an easy/quick task. I do however agree that it is not a horrible price if you ignore the cost of labor or time it will need.

Agree! And the reason I am passing on this one. Would have to have someone do the work not only with the decals but with the play field issues. And with the game is Montana and I am in Florida...not like I am going to go pick up, so shipping would be added to the price. I am going to hold off for something else. Thanks for all the Pinside opinions and feedback.

#34 9 years ago

I've seen this one. It's relatively close to me.

The seller lists the playfield condition as great, but you can clearly see the high amount of wear on it. I don't think a Cliffie will completely cover that SOL hole damage. Who knows what else is wrong with it....

#35 9 years ago

I've got two pristine AFM's for sale with new pf, new decals, one has all chrome other just new legs and siderails. Both have had the mirco pf's clearcaoted again before I installed them. Can't give them away right now with that being the expected next remake. I don't mind keeping them both, pretty cool having two AFM's to play, two WOZECLE, two MM, that way if everyone wants to play the same game we don't have to argue over who gets to play first!

Ck

#36 9 years ago

Summertime, soft market right now. Location+shipping is also a factor. Don't shop on ebay or Pinside and you will find a better one...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-afm-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.