Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

basement.JPG
    Iphone_067.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

I have room for 6 games. I currently own 7.

3 are still projects (FT nearing completion, TX needs major work and will get a pf swap eventually, and RFM is currently next in cue for a PF swap with parts stockpiled and waiting).

The other 4 need some small tweaks but I don't really have room to work on them till FT is back together.

I was feeling really good with everything as it sits, but all of a sudden I am feeling the urge to buy game #8.

Man this obsession is crazy like that. I also know that by the time MGC rolls around I will likely have an even longer list of games that I would like to add to the stable.

I guess the real problem is I do not want to sell anything, but I still want more. I also have been so busy at real work that I have not had time to actually work on pins (which I seem to find very cathartic). The one pin activity I can do while at work is surf the web and hunt for more pins, so by default that is what I do

Just vocalizing for fun.

#2 11 years ago

I feel ya. I was already 2 pins over, but I picked up a DH and JM. Then for good measure I picked up 2 EMs (both Buccaneers). JM's glove has been on my office floor for a few weeks now, waiting to be reassembled. I'm looking at storage units again...

#3 11 years ago

Lol. I feel your pain. My suggestion, buy ACDC, avengers LE, or LoTR. You won't neeeeed another pin for a long time

#4 11 years ago

oh yes...

Part of my other issue is a very limited budget so I have widened my wishlist of games to include lots of the "b" and "c" listers. Now all of a sudden my tastes have become much more diverse...

#5 11 years ago

Its not bad till you need a BBH.

#6 11 years ago

Space is my biggest enemy now as I have no more of it and even considering folding 3 games in a corner, leaving 9 setup and rotating games out. I am also at a point where it is getting harder for me to let go of certain titles I have too.

#7 11 years ago

Dude... I started 2012 with 4 pins
    I said I would stop at 10 by Summer.
    I'm now at 19 and two pre-orders on the books.

It feels a bit hopeless at times, but at least I can say that I am at my limit... now

I have enough projects to keep me happy for a long time, and a lineup I am very happy with... with a great mixture of old, not so old and new games from all eras.

I think it's a phase that a lot of us go through. Acquisition mode!!!

#8 11 years ago

Space is always a problem for collectors.

I've had them store them at my place, or even park them here for sale.

A win win for both of us.

LTG : )

#9 11 years ago

Whysnow I feel your pain

Iphone_067.JPGIphone_067.JPG

#10 11 years ago

oh yes...

just remembered, LOL, I am on the list for Predator also.

Maybe I just need to remind myself that I need to save my money up for that large purchase Problem being that without a reasonable guesstimate at delivery I just keep telling myslef i have a while...

#11 11 years ago

Its gotten so bad I'm seeing double.

#12 11 years ago

I'm basing the color of my extra bedroom downstairs on what would best match any future pinball purchases for if/when I convert that room into the "arcade." Also trying to find the best way to punch a door in a wall so that pins can easily go from garage into said arcade room. And I'm not even out of space in the main room yet.

Being stuck at work all day with extra time and access to Pinside isn't helping either.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Whysnow I feel your pain

Wheels a go go.

I have room for 3 at a squeeze, not even close to enough.
    I'd settle for 5/6. A couple of keepers and a couple to rotate in and out.

#14 11 years ago

skypilot >> LOL, seeing double...

You might as well just ship one of those my way. I am sure restoring a second FT will at least go quicker on try number 2

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you can still fit a few more games in So far your games are still confined to only one room in your house.-My addiction has spread to 3 rooms. Do you really need a couch or a TV in your front room?-You're too busy working on pins to sit on the couch. Do you need a spare bedroom? You have room to grow!

#16 11 years ago

It never stops... I just agreed to buy an expensive machine I neither really like, nor want, nor have room for...

Let's face it, that is part of the thrill, finding, buying, saying you are going sell, and keeping...

#17 11 years ago

I feel your pain too... our remodel is starting today, which includes a new game room that will hold 12, and I am already trying to figure out what to do when I max that out!

#18 11 years ago

And people wonder why the prices have gone up. Its right in front of your nose in this thread: The demand is more but the supply is sitting folded up in someones basement not even being used. Especially when folks are looking for Fish Tales and you have two of them...thanks soooo much for contributing to the high prices.

#19 11 years ago

I know that situation. I have a storage shed packed full of games, the 3rd bay in my garage is stored games, and I even keep pins at my brother's and parents' houses. I'm sick, and I don't care.

#20 11 years ago

I have no desire to fold games up. If I can not play them with a flip[ of a switch or I am not in the process of bringing them back from the dead (i.e. restoring them) then I do not want it.

Now, opening up another room of the house for pinball is an idea I could get behind

#21 11 years ago

I can't seem to hang on to a pin for more than 2 months. Im NEVER satisfied. Im about to rotate both of mine right now. Ive only had them for 2 weeks! I guess im just trying to find THE one.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Fish Tales and you have two of them...thanks soooo much for contributing to the high prices.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    FYI ,I found a better FT to restore at the Ohio show.The first one was sold 15 minutes after my purchase to a friend for what I paid for it.

Im just shopping it for him. Thanks sooooo much for being judgmental

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    FYI ,I found a better FT to restore at the Ohio show.The first one was sold 15 minutes after my purchase to a friend for what I paid for it.
    Im just shopping it for him. Thanks sooooo much for being judgmental

It's my no FT party and I'll cry if I want to.

#24 11 years ago

I keep my folded-up games because I have a plan to claim more space in the house, when my kid goes off to college in 4 years. Mwuahaha...

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

3 are still projects (FT nearing completion, TX needs major work and will get a pf swap eventually, and RFM is currently next in cue for a PF swap with parts stockpiled and waiting).
    The other 4 need some small tweaks but I don't really have room to work on them till FT is back together.
    I was feeling really good with everything as it sits, but all of a sudden I am feeling the urge to buy game #8.
    Man this obsession is crazy like that. I also know that by the time MGC rolls around I will likely have an even longer list of games that I would like to add to the stable.
    I guess the real problem is I do not want to sell anything, but I still want more. I also have been so busy at real work that I have not had time to actually work on pins (which I seem to find very cathartic). The one pin activity I can do while at work is surf the web and hunt for more pins, so by default that is what I do
    Just vocalizing for fun.

Snow sell me your FT. That should help lift the burden off your back. .

Or the DH I was in line for but you had first dibs.

Chris

#26 11 years ago

I did not grab the DH, so it should be available.

#27 11 years ago

oh, and you don't want to pay what I have put into FT...

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from corvair61:

I can't seem to hang on to a pin for more than 2 months. Im NEVER satisfied. Im about to rotate both of mine right now. Ive only had them for 2 weeks! I guess im just trying to find THE one.

We've been doing a lot of that too. It's gradually lessening as we settle on "keepers" that we really love, but yeah, we rotated through more pins than we currently have already.

Keeping it fresh has its advantages. Saving money isn't one of them.

#29 11 years ago

I need to downsize too. But I dont want to sell anything and I have a few more I have my eye on.

#30 11 years ago

7 years ago I had 30 setup, now I have 9 setup and 5 in storage waiting for refurb. I am in a much happier place with 9, but I would prefer to be down to about 6, keeping them all on one wall. They really do take up a lot of room.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I'm basing the color of my extra bedroom downstairs on what would best match any future pinball purchases for if/when I convert that room into the "arcade." Also trying to find the best way to punch a door in a wall so that pins can easily go from garage into said arcade room. And I'm not even out of space in the main room yet.
    Being stuck at work all day with extra time and access to Pinside isn't helping either.

Garage door! (With automatic opener, of course.)

#32 11 years ago

I own 29 as of today and have sold 44. Next month will be 5 years for me so that is 14.6 pins a year or 1.2 pins a month.

Scott

#33 11 years ago

Last year at this time I had 0. Now at 11. Was 12 yesterday but sold my Iron Man.

#34 11 years ago

While I only own 3, 2 months ago I owned 0 and was apprehensive about spending the $$ to buy my cheap space jam. Now I could squeeze in one more but I'm really trying to limit myself. I do find myself sneakily checking auctions and sales sites telling myself that if there's a bargain on a machine I want how can I turn it down as I may never see it that cheap again.

#35 11 years ago

Plan was to some day have nine, but after playing around with space I find 6 is good number. I play all of them on a regular basis, and it isn't too much work keeping them all clean and running.

I have one slot left open, and one I would sell/trade, so possibly two more machines in my future but I either need to find an excellent IJ at a reasonable price or some future machine really has to wow me. Other than that the collection stays as is.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Garage door! (With automatic opener, of course.)

No no no, not the garage door. I already have one of those. (Well, 2 if we're being technical.) I mean that the extra bedroom shares an internal wall with the garage workspace area. So instead of coming in the door from the garage into the hallway, wiggling it back into the bathroom to get it angled just right to get it in the bedroom door (literally beside the door to the garage) and scraping the pin/walls in the process, we'd just put the pin straight into the garage then open the "secret access door" straight into the bedroom. Easy peasy. Just need enough pins to make putting in the door worthwhile.

Here, I made you a blueprint.

basement.JPGbasement.JPG

#37 11 years ago

OK, I feel better now. BlondeTall has the disease much worse than I do

She is trying to put new doorways into her house ...

#38 11 years ago

yeah i hear ya. I am bidding on a Genie project on Ebay and I went to local amusement shop and almost bought a EM. I want more but have no room and I only have 2 so far.

#39 11 years ago

Let the addiction take over and embrace it the fight against it is futile!

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

OK, I feel better now. BlondeTall has the disease much worse than I do
    She is trying to put new doorways into her house ...

It's called "being efficient."

#41 11 years ago

I ran out of room with my 3rd pin, but now I have room for another......

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I keep my folded-up games because I have a plan to claim more space in the house, when my kid goes off to college in 4 years. Mwuahaha...

Sounds like a masterplan to me. My wife wonders why we're keeping our big house with only one kid still at home. Mwuahahaha

#43 11 years ago

I have 7 up, one major project in the queue, and nearing completion of my firepower restore (up and playable, but needs some pf work.)

5 in my office, 1 in the garage, and one in my daughters room on the 2nd floor.

I deleted Craigslist from my iOS devices...

Content for now, but that will change I'm sure....

#44 11 years ago

I succumb to the idea that I NEEDED to put pins in my office as well. So the magic number will be 25. Probably 10 to many but I love looking at them when they are on. They are just nice pieces of art. If I ever had kids and need to turn the basement into a playroom I'm going to be pissed.

chris

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

oh, and you don't want to pay what I have put into FT...

you know i can help with your work load

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-addiction-is-getting-worse-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.