(Topic ID: 216915)

The Addams Family Value / Advice On Purchase

By NinePoints

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FarFromHeaven26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 5 years ago

I am thinking about parting with two of my machines so I can purchase the brand new MBR LE NIB (8 K).

One is my used TAF, which has a worn playfield and worn (though not seriously) cabinet. Would it be too much to expect that I'd fetch 4K for it?

The other is a MINT MINT MINT GI in every sense. I think I overpaid for this best of GIs anywhere $5,200 but can I expect to get $4,200 for it now (taking a 1 K hit)?

Thank you.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't think you are in the right Forum, but 4k for an Addams would be the cheapest one up for sale on Pinside and would disappear in about 15 minutes. I would recommend posting it with lots of pictures and I'd start at $5400 OBO and that would be about the cheapest in a year if you think it is truly horrendous.
I don't have an Addams, but almost traded for one a few months ago. Here is the link to a poll about me asking for pricing on a machine with links to about a dozen photos. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-taf-pictures-inside The consensus on that particular machine was around $5000, and it had horrible magnet burn. Here is a list of every Addams Family that has been listed on the site in the past decade https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=2
Not sure what "GI" is. I am not in a position to buy your machines but feel free to respond in this thread or PM me and I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

I can't thank you enough for being so polite and so helpful my friend!! Deeply appreciated. I have already availed myself of Mr. Pinball, but it does take three days for them to post it. I listed $4000 but will try to revise that if there is a way to do it before it is posted. I will check out your links now!! As to "GI" I am referring to GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, the very first dot matrix machine from Bally. It is mint in the extreme sense of that word.

Thanks again!!!!! Really appreciate it. TAF I have inst at all horrendous and plays beautifully. The original orange on the playfield has faded to yellow and is somewhat worn.

#28 5 years ago

And I'm going to revise my estimated value on the Giligans downward. The most expensive one ever sold on this site went for $3250. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/46430 . Other examples can be seen here https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=208.

Thank you ever so much for your added responses and research my friend!!

Well it sounds like I really overpaid big-time for GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, though as I say when I bought it via e bay and traveled to the seller's home in central NJ he proclaimed it as the mintiest machine of that title he has ever seen in his life. He said he waited many years to come across one that perfect and that beautiful and was actually asking for $6,200 for the signed "Mary Ann" translight poster. The condition is spectacular for sure but it seems by paying $5,200 (he let me go at that because I told him I didnt want Mary Ann's signature poster) I set myself up for a big loss. I do think however that this machine is in the best condition of any sold of that title. But I could be wrong there too.

I do indeed live in an extremely populated area. I am literally 6 minutes by car from the George Washington Bridge which connects me to Manhattan. I live in Fairview, New Jersey in the state's most populated county, and can see up close NYC's skyline from the hometown school I teach in.

In any event, I can at least feel better that I have due to your deeply appreciated alert undervalued my TAF. Thank you so much!

If the market for GI is so limited that it would mean a MAJOR loss for me, I simply will not sell it and make up the difference between a TAF sale and MBR purchase on my own. That is another option I'd probably favor. Thanks again!

#30 5 years ago

Good Luck!
Also just post that you have these two machines on the following two regional for sale forums. You should get a few interested PMs on your Adams. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/262#post-4890585 and https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/199

Well, Sataneatscheese, it appears you were DEAD ON with your acute knowledge of pricing as I just now received this e mail meesage from my long time pinball tech who now lives in South Carolina. He worked on my TAF machine several times over the years for minor repairs and once shopped it. He just said THIS:

"Sam, that machine is worth more then $4200, I would ask $5500 and go from there. It plays well and a lot of new parts were put in that game. It probably needs a light shop job but that’s it."

TY!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FarFromHeaven26.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-addams-family-value-advice-on-purchase?tu=FarFromHeaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.