(Topic ID: 52878)

The Addams Family.... NOT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE!!

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Notbychance
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    addams2.jpg
    addams1.jpg
    addams_pinball.jpg

#1 5 years ago

''it has to warm up.....SO IT CAN KILL YOU!!! SHOWTIME!!!!

Tips, wants, mods, and more! Post your memories, your high scores, your wants, your mods, your machines- everything and anything to do with TAF! ''NOT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE!!''

Enjoy!

addams_pinball.jpg addams1.jpg addams2.jpg

#3 5 years ago

with 20,000+ made, there is room for two threads!

#4 5 years ago

I just want someone to sell me one.

#5 5 years ago

My son and I just had an Addams Family mini tournament last night.
    We set the machine on tournament mode and played two games against each other.
    In the first game I smoked him 480 million to 100 million with an awesome mansion tour.
    Not only did I tour the mansion but kept the ball going through every mode during the tour.
    The second game was a lot closer. Both of us got the tour but he managed to get his GREED super jackpot while I missed mine 5 shots in a row. I would have had him but the shot would just not happen. Arrrrrgh.

As for tips to play, here is one my son discovered which depends on how your machine kicks the ball out of the chair of course.
    When the ball is ejected from the chair on our machine, you can slightly bump the machine forward just as the ball hits the left flipper. About 70% of the time this results in the ball bouncing up the right inlane to relight the chair for a few seconds.
    We were able to have four mansion rooms in a row going quite a few times.

#6 5 years ago

Still one of the all time best pins. I will never part with mine.

#7 5 years ago

Add the Color DMD ! I love mine.

#8 5 years ago

What ever happened to that LCD back glass mod ?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I seen it at the Chicago Pinball Expo last October for the first time. I was hoping to see something about it at the Texas Pinball show back in March but didn't see any thing.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Forgot all about that. The early vids looked promising.

#11 5 years ago

I remember something about that, it vanished?

#12 5 years ago

I did this on my TAF last night. Needless to say, The right flipper spring came off during my last ball and I was forced to drain; my bonus was 500k shy of 1 bil! Rofl!

#13 5 years ago

I toured the mansion for the first time last night. Sadly, it wasn't the Playboy mansion, but still.

I just got my "new" TAF dialed-in yesterday and really only played it properly for the first time last night. I'm hooked though. I don't ever see that machine leaving my possession.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

''it has to warm up.....SO IT CAN KILL YOU!!! SHOWTIME!!!!
    Tips, wants, mods, and more! Post your memories, your high scores, your wants, your mods, your machines- everything and anything to do with TAF! ''NOT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE!!''
    Enjoy!

Did you finally pick one up? You've been looking for a while.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Triumvirat73:

I toured the mansion for the first time last night. Sadly, it wasn't the Playboy mansion, but still.
    I just got my "new" TAF dialed-in yesterday and really only played it properly for the first time last night. I'm hooked though. I don't ever see that machine leaving my possession.

This is the issue. A non dialed in Addams plays terrible. I think a lot of the haters of this game have not played a dialed in machine.

I love my TAF. My biggest debate is what to led. The pop bumpers look like garbage LED but some inserts and the GI can look good. Plus throwing a green extra LED in the swamp area is pretty cool

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Did you finally pick one up? You've been looking for a while.

Yep, did. I was surprised how many times my WTB went unanswered...

I've got mine dialed in very well, but right now i'm trying to figure out why the funhouse combo (right inlane, through the pops, right flipper, left ramp) is over powering the hell out of the left ramp. Almost always on that combo, I'm getting it flying up the ramp and coming right back down. Is there suppose to be a plastic guard there?

#17 5 years ago

Mine doesn't have a plastic guard....I've never seen one either

#18 5 years ago

hmm...well...not sure what to do there.
    In other news, my gold roms should be here this afternoon.
    ''NOT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE!!''

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yep, did. I was surprised how many times my WTB went unanswered...
    I've got mine dialed in very well, but right now i'm trying to figure out why the Funhouse combo (right inlane, through the pops, right flipper, left ramp) is over powering the hell out of the left ramp. Almost always on that combo, I'm getting it flying up the ramp and coming right back down. Is there suppose to be a plastic guard there?

Mine does the same thing most the time. 6.8 deg pitch. I'll be replacing the ramp with the clear one soon which I heard is built heavier/stronger? So hoping that helps with that fast combo.

2 weeks later
    #20 5 years ago

My game is setup so that it's real easy to hit the ramp to scoop combo, then from scoop, it will bounce left flipper to right, cradle right, then up the ramp, rinse wash repeat.

Not sure this is a good thing to be setup in this way, but it sure is damn fun! I don't need to make it any harder, as the magnets will drive you looney as it is

#21 5 years ago

Put the clear plastic ramp on mine last week....looks better, seems a bit thicker and "softer" than my smoked one ( probably because it was brittle w age) . The left ramp shot is MUCH better and rarely comes back down anymore ....

#22 5 years ago

Word of caution though...I used novus 1 to clean the underside before I applied the decals...must not have got it all off because it left a slight film behind...and those decals are one shot deals...should have used alcohol I guess...it's not that bad, but really pissed me off when I saw it...btw...does novus get old (expire) just wonder if I have an old bottle and maybe that's what caused it.....

7 months later
    #23 5 years ago

Finally found a nice local TAF! Can't wait to delve into it in on the 15th! Pics to come

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside