• Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
IMG_0360 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I just installed a new coin door on my Addams Family so I could put in a bill acceptor. It is installed and working. It gives one credit for one dollar but when I put in a five dollar bill it gives only one credit, not five. I put the bill acceptor in another game and it worked properly there. The bill acceptor is hooked to coin switch 2 on the coin door interface board. Pricing is set to "custom", left slot one unit, center slot four units, right slot one unit, four units equals one credit. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Thanks in advance.

#4 7 years ago

Hey Ken, thanks for doing the DBA installation thread, that was a big help. I used it to order the wiring harness. The bill acceptor is a Mars AE 2411 which takes ones and fives. The factory settings do not offer a one dollar per game setting so I went to custom. There was no harness plug in my game with the orange and black wire so I connected one wire of the new harness to J3 pin 5 "center coin 2" on the coin door interface board. It was an open slot and I could press the yellow wire from the new harness right into the connector end. The other yellow wire is tied into the coin door coin switch ground wire.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Make sure that the game's settings know which slot the DBA is set to, and make sure that the DBA is set to slow pulsing, if possible. Normally, the pulses out of the DBA will be too fast, and the game won't recognize them. By setting the DBA setting to the proper coin slot and slowing the pulse timing, it'll make sure the game sees all the pulses on the coin switch.

How do you slow the pulse timing? That does not appear to be a dipswitch option on the DBA,

#8 7 years ago

I filled out the card with pulse set to "long". I inserted it twice and it was rejected both times. Should it pass through the acceptor into the bill magazine? Do the dipswitches have to be in a certain position for this to work? There is no change so far, the acceptor is still registering a $5 bill as $1. Or, does the connector to the coin door interface board have to be disconnected for the update to work?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it will help. On my Williams pins with AE 2411 validators, this is how I have them set.
1 - off, 2 - on, 3 - off, 4 - on, 5 - on, 6 - on, 7 - off, 8 - off.
LTG : )

Hey Lloyd! I have my settings all the same except switch one which allows four way acceptance instead of two way. I can't imagine that would make a difference.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for all your help gentlemen. The configuration card resetting to a long pulse did the trick. It failed a couple times using a number two pencil so I used a black sharpie instead and it worked. I'm kind of surprised the pulse isn't just a dip switch setting, that would have been so much easier.

Thanks again Ken for your thread on DBA conversions, it was a great help. I did make one small modification. Rather than hacksaw off the lockdown bar release lever I just bent it in. By using two adjustable wrenches its a simple trick. Put one horizontally near the top of the coin door and one vertically on the bottom of the lever. Hold the upper one tight and bend the lower one in and up. This way you still have a whole handle to grab onto, its just in a different position and you can always bend it back if for some reason you want to switch back to an original coin door.

IMG_0360 (resized).JPGIMG_0360 (resized).JPG

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How did you get the acceptor to fit in the door? Did you have to modify the hole?

I purchased a complete new replacement coin door from pinballlife. The original Addams coin door did not have a hole to accept a DBA. The replacement door has a plate over the DBA hole which is easily removed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-addams-family-bill-acceptor-problem?tu=pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.