20170324_190725 (resized).jpg
IMG_9030 (resized).JPG
IMG_9028 (resized).JPG
IMG_9027 (resized).JPG
IMG_9026 (resized).JPG
WP_20150327_16_41_51_Pro[1] (resized).jpg
WP_20150328_14_13_12_Pro[1] (resized).jpg
WP_20151114_19_25_32_Pro[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 10 years ago

This is beyond cool. I'll bet after you get it done you'll find keeping it clean is the hardest part lol. That was always the problem with me see through computer case.

4 months later
#482 10 years ago

I vote you bring it as a static display!! I want to see this project so badly!

1 month later
#560 9 years ago

Do you think It'll be ready for the Houston show in November?

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

houston is a lot of fun. it's more of a big party. versus the giant 'show' of dallas.

Night and Day different! If Houston would just turn down the music so it doesn't overpower the games it'd be so much better. It would also be better if it had an acrylic pinball machine!!!!

1 week later
#579 9 years ago

Looking good!! I'm so anxious to see the final product. But then I wouldn't have this thread to follow so take your time

1 week later
#641 9 years ago

You'll have to change any graphic you put on the playfield that denotes scoring as well.

1 week later
#695 9 years ago

I am SOOOO looking forward to the Houston show! If you don't bring it I do believe pandamonium would ensue. Mass hysteria. Dogs and cats living together...

#718 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Aah. That's better.
Dontcha wish your pinball was hot. Like. Mine?
Dontcha wish your pinball was a freak. Like. Mine?
Dontcha?
Dontcha?
» YouTube video

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Eeyeaaaahhhhhh. This bitch is going to be the Belle of the Ball. Prize or no, it'll damn sure be the most photographed.
» YouTube video

Now I have to buy a new keyboard because of the drool on this one. I can only imagine what Vid's keyboard looks like from his post earlier.

2 weeks later
#760 9 years ago

Sleep on it. You'll figure something out. It looks fantastic

1 week later
#775 9 years ago

Have you devised a work around for the backbox lighting yet? Btw. The video of the both assembled and lit up is stunning!

2 months later
#875 9 years ago

You have GOT to bring this to Houston! Working or Not. If you can just make the LEDs glow people will wet their pants! Plus if I get you to say yes he'll let me in free too won't you?

#877 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Only the person bringing a game gets a free weekend pass for each game that is brought.
Though you still have to register your games. We ran out of run the last 2 years, so don't delay.

I was just messing with ya.

1 week later
#881 9 years ago

Can't wait to see it all with the playfield. I can't remember, did you fix the head lighting where the LEDs couldn't make it past the score wheels?

1 month later
#980 9 years ago

You will have the biggest crowd at HAAG ever and I'll be right in the middle of it!

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

OK, so here's the coin door. See, it has the holes in the right place for the receptors.

Receptor slides right in as it should.

I see no way in hell to hold it in place there. Something is missing...

There should be a plate, I'f I'm not mistaken, to hold them in place. it might attach to the coin shoot the deposits the coin in the top of the mech. I don't see the coin shoot installed yet in those pics. I'll try to look up some old pics and look at my machines to see if any are the same coin mech type. This is a Bally correct?

EDIT: I see that it is a Sonic brand. I have no idea what their mech holders look like but I'll keep trying for you.

EDIT 2: Great detail pictures on IPDB of every part except the coin door :-/

#1022 9 years ago

Ok, Here is the only Sonic coin door pic I could find. It isn't as helpful as you'd like but it might give you some clues compared to what you have.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=410&picno=51987&zoom=1

#1034 9 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

It ain't lookin' good, folks. I will not bring a non-functioning game to a show. (I HATE people that do that.) I'll keep at it but it looks like The Black Pyramid will be coming instead. It sure is pretty, but so far it's just a static display.
If you can help...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-super-straight-acrylic-pinball-project-startup#post-2014198

I might be presumptuous but I think I speak for most who just want to see the project, functional or not. If it is just too much trouble I can understand but getting to see this is person has kept me going for the last couple of months.

#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Tell me how you cleaned it? my first reaction when you say the spring has to be tightened is that its not really clean; specifically the shaft and metal mechs, not necessarily the Bakelite. It will have to be disassembled to really get it clean.
Assume you've seen these:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Williams_Stepper_Unit_Repairs

I'm leaning this way as well. I had to dissasemble mine to get to the "axle" the disk rotates on. It was gunked up pretty badly on my Bally Capt Fantatstic. When we pulled the gear piece off I stuck a playfield post in the hole to hold the spring from unwinding. It worked like a champ. I reccomend it if yours is set up with holes like that.

StepperTrick.jpgStepperTrick.jpg

StepperTrick2.jpgStepperTrick2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-acrylic-pinball-project-i-am-clearly-insane?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.