5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Breadfan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Since getting my ACDC a week ago, I have been playing it exclusively until today when I fired up my other games. Now those games seem like playing in slow motion (almost frustratingly so). Also, they sound somewhat muffled, not to mention the lighting (or lack thereof). Its like going from a mosh pit at a heavy metal concert to a ballet.

The game is just gives such a sensory overload while playing its any wonder that this would occur....what a kick ass game Stern put together here.

Not saying anything bad about my older games, I still love them but, talk about going from 200 mph to 60. It doesn't give much time for a breather, except when the last ball drains.

#2 5 years ago

Maybe its time to give the other games a super nice clean+wax+fresh pinballs. That may speed it up for ya?

edit----Increase the pitch a little too!

#3 5 years ago

Would agree with the lighting...this game was built for LEDs.
Hitting the ramps is VERY addictive too

#4 5 years ago

You're not kidding. It was the first game I bought a little over a year ago. I figured I'd buy a second game and went through about 8-9 of them before selling them all. It's currently the only pin I own. I just don't find the others match up.
Some are great (LOTR for example, and StarTrek) but in my opinion, none are the complete package that ACDC is.
The lights, sounds, flow, depth of rules, and adrenaline pump.

You've had it a week eh? Wait til you learn how to play it.

#5 5 years ago

If ACDC makes you feel that way, don't play WOZ!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe its time to give the other games a super nice clean+wax+fresh pinballs. That may speed it up for ya?

I've always kept my games polished and waxed and loaded with premium balls. I could step up the pitch some but, I'm not that good of a player, so I keep my pitch around the 6 to 6.5 degree range. I may try it anyway though.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've always kept my games polished and waxed and loaded with premium balls. I could step up the pitch some but, I'm not that good of a player, so I keep my pitch around the 6 to 6.5 degree range. I may try it anyway though.

Good deal, my LOTR plays fairly fast but the 4 scoops and lock at the sword ramp do make it feel slower, I suppose you can just hit both flippers to speed along if you dont want to see the DMD animations.

Edit----maybe you just need to trade into an IronMan or TRON?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

If ACDC makes you feel that way, don't play WOZ!

Why? I own both & haven't played WOZ in over a month. I play AC/DC every weekend,& think about playing it all week.

#9 5 years ago

it's freaking amazing,been 1 month and i am blowned away by this game!!!

#10 5 years ago

I've owned AC/DC for 9 months and it still gets more plays than my other 7 pins combined. I love all my machines but am constantly drawn to AC/DC due to the intense energy that playing it creates.

Nothing compares to it.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Since getting my ACDC a week ago, I have been playing it exclusively until today when I fired up my other games. Now those games seem like playing in slow motion (almost frustratingly so). Also, they sound somewhat muffled, not to mention the lighting (or lack thereof). Its like going from a mosh pit at a heavy metal concert to a ballet.
The game is just gives such a sensory overload while playing its any wonder that this would occur....what a kick ass game Stern put together here.
Not saying anything bad about my older games, I still love them but, talk about going from 200 mph to 60. It doesn't give much time for a breather, except when the last ball drains.

Funny. I made a post about this a year ago. I played my LOTR only one time... then sold everything in my collection accept Lethal Weapon 3. ACDC simply made me better.

WARNING Do not buy ACDC if you like your collection.

#12 5 years ago

I bought acdc premium, mainly because of all the good reviews and I was blown away, it is more fun and better than expected.

I don't love it more than Tron, but it's a heck of a game and more fun than Tron in that you can play it many different ways, whereas Tron is fairly much the same track for me every time. Has better lights than Tron, but I think to me, Tron is a better theme for me and I love the call outs, music and sound effects more on Tron.

Also, I subtract points because of the cannon while on Tron no subtraction for anything except lighting which I will probably address with LEDs.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I've owned AC/DC for 9 months and it still gets more plays than my other 7 pins combined. I love all my machines but am constantly drawn to AC/DC due to the intense energy that playing it creates.

Nothing compares to it.

+1,000......Well said!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It's been like that in my house for almost two years now gets most play others don't stand up

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Why? I own both & haven't played WOZ in over a month. I play AC/DC every weekend,& think about playing it all week.

Because the OP mentioned how his other pins now sound muffled and the lighting differences. For quality of sound and lighting effects, WOZ is state of the art.

Gameplay is completely different. Apples to oranges.

#16 5 years ago

AC/DC was an awakening for me. I never owned a Stern before and now I own three (four with South Park?). I played it for months on end and never got bored of it. I still love it to this day and proclaim it as the greatest pinball machine ever made. I thought Metallica would take the title as I am a bigger fan of Metallica's music and think it has better artwork, but AC/DC still holds the top spot for gameplay. Now I crave more Stern machines....

Cheers!
Adam.

#17 5 years ago

Love my Sterns! They are incredibly reliable for me as well (knock wood).

#18 5 years ago

FAST game play and great music, its a perfect match.

I flog mine on a regular basis and its a damn nice machine. Looking forward for my "Angus patch".

#19 5 years ago

"You're not kidding. It was the first game I bought a little over a year ago. I figured I'd buy a second game and went through about 8-9 of them before selling them all. It's currently the only pin I own. I just don't find the others match up."
Chambaz,
Same thing I chased all hose titles to finally realize acdc is all I need . It's the game and nothing can touch it.

#20 5 years ago

I have the same problem. GnR is the only one that holds up next to AC/DC for me. I also have STTNG, Apollo 13, and Demo Man. I am currently trying to make the others fit in better. They are all getting pinballbulbs LED kits, and a good cleaning. I have one of the kits in STTNG, and it looks like it belongs next to AC/DC now. I just bought a shaker motor for it to help as well. I am a little worried about putting money into Apollo 13 and Demo Man, but I want to give the games a fair shot.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Looking forward for my "Angus patch".

lol, Angus patch, love it.

#22 5 years ago

The pro is just as good if not faster.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It's funny, because this is exactly how I felt when going from my STLE to my AC/DC today. I had been playing ST almost exclusively since I got it a few days ago, so I decided to fire up AC/DC for a change of pace. I had always be so impressed with the color changing lighting on AC/DC, but it honestly seemed somewhat antiquated sitting next to Star Trek. Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely love AC/DC, but the light and sound package on Star Trek is simply unrivaled. I also felt that AC/DC played a lot slower than I remembered. I guess I had gotten used to the insane speed of ST. This may have been why I had my best game ever on AC/DC, scoring almost 600 million on my first ball.

#24 5 years ago

All this ac/dc talk is really making me want a Luci edition bad! What to do what to do??

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I also felt that AC/DC played a lot slower than I remembered. I guess I had gotten used to the insane speed of ST.

Are you serious?!!!! I have not had the chance to play Star Trek yet, but it must be over the top crazy speed if it makes AC/DC feel slow.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

Are you serious?!!!! I have not had the chance to play Star Trek yet, but it must be over the top crazy speed if it makes AC/DC feel slow.

I've played it. He's over exaggerating. Not gonna make it in my gameroom but then again,I really don't like the star trek theme.

#27 5 years ago

The only pin i can think of that has that"holy crap"fast feeling is Iron Man. Still not on the same level,but WOW,Damn close!

#28 5 years ago

I don't think he's exaggerating. AC/DC is a fast game but Star Trek is Faster for sure. I like AC/DC just a tad bit better.

#29 5 years ago

ST is a really fast game. That and the light show are the 2 best things it has going for it.

#30 5 years ago

I know the feeling. Had an ACDC Pro for a year now, and have picked up 6 other pins since that time. It's not often I can peel myself away from ACDC to play the others, I kind of have to force myself to play the others. For ACDC I'm always playing for score, and it's just so addicting trying to build big jackpots to cash in. Some of my other games look better, have way deeper rules, more modes, etc., but it's always almost all ACDC all the time. It also feels like you have to have 100% focus when playing because if you miss a shot it often ends badly.

I would note that the ACDC pro version is quite a bit faster than the premium version. The premium version almost feels slow when I play it. ST feels similar in speed to ACDC pro to me, perhaps just a smidgen slower due to not having TNT and Thunderstruck standups only halfway up the playfield. So yeah I'd say ST is faster than ACDC premium. This also makes me find ACDC pro a very dangerous game as missed shots careen off of everything until they often end up in the drainy outlanes - I've come to actually kind of enjoy this as it's like living on the edge. Nothing boring about this game. As much as I love something like ST, I'm actually starting to get a tiny bit bored of it - I think it's just a bit too linear in not being able to build huge jackpots to cash in.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I don't think he's exaggerating. AC/DC is a fast game but Star Trek is Faster for sure.

ST isn't faster than AC/DC. It smoother. More of a flow game. Lots of combos. AC/DC is a faster game because it has shorter ball times. When things get out of control on AC/DC, it's a lot harder to get things back under control. The pops, cannon or TNT targets can send the ball STDM or down an outlane in the blink of an eye. With ST, it's all about keeping the combos going. I can almost do the left ramp (backhand), right ramp, left orbit, warp ramp combo with my eyes closed. Even when you miss a warp ramp shot, the miss starts way up the playfield, so you have more time and space to recover. It's fast, but in a different way. AC/DC is wicked fast, ST is flow, flow, flow.

Quoted from Iceman5000:

I like AC/DC just a tad bit better.

Me too.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

ST is a really fast game. That and the light show are the 2 best things it has going for it.

You know what game felt slow to me after playing it back to back with Star Trek? Spider-Man. Which is funny, given how similar they are. Star Trek is just a super flowing and fast game.

It's that smoothness that makes it feel faster. Any game can be waxed and shoot fast. But how the ball returns is part of it.

#33 5 years ago

Got my pro about a month ago and totally agree, love the speed and the flow, it's way addictive. The only thing that has got me off it has been the x-men code update.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know what game felt slow to me after playing it back to back with Star Trek? Spider-Man. Which is funny, given how similar they are. Star Trek is just a super flowing and fast game.
It's that smoothness that makes it feel faster. Any game can be waxed and shoot fast. But how the ball returns is part of it.

ST is going to feel faster cause the ramps are wider & easier to hit. The left ramp has a faster return also & the warp ramp is a faster shot then the Venom ramp. Too bad the code sucks compared to SM, Hopefully it will get to a 2.6 one day.

#35 5 years ago

I received my NIB STLE and AC/DC Luci at the same time. Upon turning them on, we were are sucked into ST: the sound and light package are wonderful to bathe in, and the gameplay is immediately appreciable for virtually anyone. As has been stated over and over, ST is fast, and smooth, and slick.

However I have racked up more than five times as many plays on AC/DC than ST, and my ToM, LoTR and TZ are all filing for divorce due to neglect. If I'm pressed for time, I'll play AC/DC over ST. When I leave AC/DC, I think about how to improve my score, which song I should open on, what I should do/not do to improve ball control and reduce drains...I don't feel that way about ST. AC/DC is just that good.

It's also nice that my 10 year-old son is singing/humming AC/DC tunes while doing his homework, or lacing up his skates, or playing Minecraft. I feel like a better parent!

#36 5 years ago

I just got my premium 2 days ago. It's the "new kid on the block" and my DW and SI will be ignored for quite some time

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

I just got my premium 2 days ago. It's the "new kid on the block" and my DW and SI will be ignored for quite some time

Got mine setup two days ago as well Splitting my time between it and STLE. Other games haven't got much action.

#38 5 years ago

AC/DC was my very first NIB, and I've been playing it like crazy. I've had it about 10 months, and still have not hit encore - but that doesn't take away the fun. Nothing better than a few drinks, and then some loud games on AC/DC.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

He's over exaggerating.

I was not exaggerating. ST is a faster game than AC/DC. By faster, I am simply referring to how often you have to flip. The ball returns back to the flippers more often on ST, either by the ramps, the Vengence kickback, or just by bouncing off things. The amount of speed you can generate from the Warp ramp alone is insane! Bear in mind, I'm comparing ST to my AC/DC premium, not the pro version.

Quoted from rubberfist:

If I'm pressed for time, I'll play AC/DC over ST. When I leave AC/DC, I think about how to improve my score, which song I should open on, what I should do/not do to improve ball control and reduce drains...I don't feel that way about ST. AC/DC is just that good.

The rules are definitely better on AC/DC, and that's unlikely to ever change. Lyman is in a league of his own when it comes to rulesets that perfectly balance both depth and scoring strategies.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was not exaggerating. ST is a faster game than AC/DC. By faster, I am simply referring to how often you have to flip.

It almost seems hard to believe but, I've still not played ST to compare it. The drains are very unforgiving and give you have almost no reaction time to make any sort of save. If its the constant flow, I can certainly see where a three ramp SR game can offer that sort of speed from flow. The ACDC ramps can be tricky unless you master the back flips, I often find myself drilling the TNT targets when going for the right ramp (or right loop) and thus sending the ball out of control.

Another thing I noticed with ACDC is a tremendous amount of back spin to the ball, which leads to some crazy unpredictability. I had to up my ball save time just to bridge my lack of skill set.

#41 5 years ago

All I know is I never play AC/DC as my first game in a tournament! So damn fast.....and fun.

#42 5 years ago

ACDC is the best pin ever made! And Encore is the perfect wizard mode. It is difficult to achieve, but more importantly the mode itself will blow your mind!

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

ACDC is the best pin ever made! And Encore is the perfect wizard mode. It is difficult to achieve, but more importantly the mode itself will blow your mind!

I've had my game since September 2012, and still haven't reached Encore yet. Been close a couple times.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've had my game since September 2012, and still haven't reached Encore yet. Been close a couple times.

I've only been once. But it was awesome! (I have my outlanes pulled in so that helps )

#45 5 years ago

every game can be fast. My AC/DC is fast, but my atlantis is fast as shit too and that game is from 88. All it takes is being clean and clearcoated playfield.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

every game can be fast. My AC/DC is fast, but my Atlantis is fast as shit too and that game is from 88. All it takes is being clean and clearcoated playfield.

Watcha talking bout Will!

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

every game can be fast. My AC/DC is fast, but my Atlantis is fast as shit too and that game is from 88. All it takes is being clean and clearcoated playfield.

No amount of clear or wax will ever make a TSPP play anywhere as fast as a acdc.

#48 5 years ago

I just added ACDC premium to my relatively small collection, TZ, RS NBAFB LOTR and TSPP are feeling a bit neglected to say the least but I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I can say ACDC will be around for a good while. I'm liking it a lot.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I just added ACDC premium to my relatively small collection, TZ, RS NBAFB LOTR and TSPP are feeling a bit neglected to say the least but I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I can say ACDC will be around for a good while. I'm liking it a lot.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Liar! Nobody's ever actually made it to "Encore mode"!
The Russians have been trying for years!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 9.95
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside