(Topic ID: 48383)

The "A"#1 "Bang for your Buck" pin right now is?

By Astropin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best "Bang for your Buck" today if selling at these prices in NICE condition.”

• World Cup Soccer at $2000 72 votes
    18%
  • Johnny Mnemonic at $1900 49 votes
    12%
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula at $2450 65 votes
    16%
  • Getaway (HS2) at $2000 44 votes
    11%
  • Demolition Man at $1850 66 votes
    16%
  • Stargate at $2000 18 votes
    4%
  • Congo at $2600 31 votes
    8%
  • Judge Dredd at $2300 30 votes
    7%
  • STTNG at $4,000 33 votes
    8%

(408 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You finally found one! Congrats.

I really don't think your vote (or this poll) will change anything. Most of these pins are on the way up. They can't be "Bang for your Buck" pins forever.....eventually they get fully discovered and priced accordingly. Some (cough..Neo) may think that has already happened. A good buy is only a good buy for so long in a collectors market.....especially when talking about pins that will never be made again. And some of these were not made in large numbers.

Great post. And thank you. Feels good to be part of the club Waited a long time to find this one. Patience thing was wearing thin, but luckily you guys are great mentors and I didn't jump at a few of the earlier ones.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

I bought a whitewater 2 years ago for £600

You got an opinion to go with that information?

#103 10 years ago

On what?

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

DMD's can't be found working 100% for less then 1500. Most undr that have issues...

Last game I bought(about 9 months ago) WWFRR, I gave $900 for.

#105 10 years ago

You guys act like this shit isn't available. Where were you when I was selling the Baywatch for $1500 and it looked like it just came out of the box? If i'm selling a DM for $1300, that means I have to get it for about $900-1000. Otherwise it's not worth my time to even load it up. I have a buddy that has a DM that is damn nice, and looks pretty close to HUO. If you guys want a good one, I think he'll let his go for $2k, but it's way above your average $1300 DM.

#106 10 years ago

I'm just wondering why you posted that I suppose. Given it was in reply to something I posted I was wondering what your point was. Was it just to show off what a good deal you got? Was it suggesting that is the normal price for a WH2O?

My post was made to compare what is often stated on this forum to to be the going rate for certain games with my own experience of trading values. I'm not sure what you posted was supposed to add to that. You must've had a reason for posting.

I suspect you were just trying to wind me up though.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You guys act like this shit isn't available. Where were you when I was selling the Baywatch for $1500 and it looked like it just came out of the box? If i'm selling a DM for $1300, that means I have to get it for about $900-1000. Otherwise it's not worth my time to even load it up. I have a buddy that has a DM that is damn nice, and looks pretty close to HUO. If you guys want a good one, I think he'll let his go for $2k, but it's way above your average $1300 DM.

You crack me up dude. You say DM can't sell for $1200, then you offer up a nice one for $2000. I'll give him your price of $1200 and not a penny more.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

You crack me up dude. You say DM can't sell for $1200, then you offer up a nice one for $2000. I'll give him your price of $1200 and not a penny more.

No, I said you have a hard time moving them for $1200. Usually end up sitting on them a month or two at that price. If you guys think $1800 is the norm. One for 2k that is unfaded nice original cabinet, no broken plastics, no wear playfield, or cracked ramps, must be a steal and the prices you spew. So I offered up a local good deal for you guys, that I know is close by to me. Snatch it up if you think it's such a score.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If 2k is the going rate for Stargate, why did the zoo have 2 for sale for $1500 and 1700? .

The 2 at the zoo were apparently pretty beat up and the price reflected that. Just what I was told.

#110 10 years ago

I didn't see them so I don't know. The one Paul had at MPE was pretty nice and didn't sell.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The official pinside bang for the buck list is really misleading for new users and those new to pinball. I was a bit disappointed to find out most of the games in the top 10-15 on that list usually go for twice what is on there.
That being said, my friend just got a WWFRR and it is a ton of fun for the price.

Glad to see WWFRR getting its rightful love!

#112 10 years ago

Shadow is an AMAZING pin. When I'm dialed in, there's NO pin that makes me feel like I am playing that playfield like an orchestra conductor waving his baton.

And it's cool to watch someone play well on as well. Great spectator pin.

Put a good subwoofer in and bass effects are great.

The speed on shadow can get ridonkulous!!!

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I'm just wondering why you posted that I suppose. Given it was in reply to something I posted I was wondering what your point was. Was it just to show off what a good deal you got? Was it suggesting that is the normal price for a WH2O?
My post was made to compare what is often stated on this forum to to be the going rate for certain games with my own experience of trading values. I'm not sure what you posted was supposed to add to that. You must've had a reason for posting.
I suspect you were just trying to wind me up though.

What's the point in comparing prices for pins on different continents? You think too much, everyone on the Woz forum misses you

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No, I said you have a hard time moving them for $1200. Usually end up sitting on them a month or two at that price. If you guys think $1800 is the norm. One for 2k that is unfaded nice original cabinet, no broken plastics, no wear playfield, or cracked ramps, must be a steal and the prices you spew. So I offered up a local good deal for you guys, that I know is close by to me. Snatch it up if you think it's such a score.

Neo - To prove my point, send me pics of nice DM, and if it's as nice as you claim it is I'll drive to Wisconsin next week to pick it up.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Baywatch at any price.

Definitely, I paid $750 for mine...

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Definitely, I paid $750 for mine...

I remember passing on a $650 Baywatch that I assume needed a bit of TLC... I did not want to end up dumping $400 on a display or anything stupid.

And what if I liked/loved the game? I am out of room, what would I have sold to keep it? What would guests think about having that game in my collection? That I am a rabid Baywatch fan? Oh the shame

I guess from a flipping perspective I made a bad call, but if I had the room I would have made it mine. $650 DMD's on the island I live on turn up... basically never.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

What's the point in comparing prices for pins on different continents

What's the point in anything really? Go troll everyone else on this forum for discussing prices even though they live on opposite sides of the continent why don't you? I think it's very interesting that pin prices can inflate in one country yet not so much in another. You say you don't yet you posted anyway. Go troll someone else.

Quoted from j69:

You think too much

Helluva put down Jonno. Maybe you should think more before you post your dull, dull posts.

Quoted from j69:

everyone on the Woz forum misses you

I don't miss them. The only reason I spent any time there was because I was excited about WOZ but then I made the huge mistake of saying what I thought once the game was actually revealed. How stupid of me to discuss WOZ on a WOZ forum. Is everyone still super excited over there? Who's going to win the signed translite for guessing the date of the first delivery? I hope it's you j.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Last game I bought(about 9 months ago) WWFRR, I gave $900 for.

But was it working 100%. All switches, coils, lights, etc.???

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Neo - To prove my point, sned me pics of nice DM, and if it's as nice as you claim it is I'll drive to Wisconsin next week to pick it up.

If your serious, i'll call him up and let him know.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

What's the point in anything really? Go troll everyone else on this forum for discussing prices even though they live on opposite sides of the continent why don't you? I think it's very interesting that pin prices can inflate in one country yet not so much in another. You say you don't yet you posted anyway. Go troll someone else.

Helluva put down Jonno. Maybe you should think more before you post your dull, dull posts.

I don't miss them. The only reason I spent any time there was because I was excited about WOZ but then I made the huge mistake of saying what I thought once the game was actually revealed. How stupid of me to discuss WOZ on a WOZ forum. Is everyone still super excited over there? Who's going to win the signed translite for guessing the date of the first delivery? I hope it's you j.

Funnily enough my guess is In 3 days time. I'm hearing rumours the first pin has already left the factory. That would be the funniest piece of karma in a long time

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If your serious, i'll call him up and let him know.

Give him a call and send me a PM with the outcome.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Funnily enough my guess is In 3 days time. I'm hearing rumours the first pin has already left the factory. That would be the funniest piece of karma in a long time

I genuinely hope you win although I'm not sure why.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

But was it working 100%. All switches, coils, lights, etc.???

Yep, the diverter was bent, but working. Straightened it, and good to go...

#124 10 years ago

JDs were going for $1600 to $1800 over two years ago. Now you see nice ones going for 2k to 2.4k. This games is slowly growing its fan base and with many people reporting back they have since come to appreciate all the awesomeness that JD is. This game is a widebody that is packed with mechanical parts and is still underpriced, as most dmd's, go for 3k minimum.

That being said my vote is for JD. :-

#125 10 years ago

JD were $1000-1200 2 years ago and for 5 years before that. for 2k, it better look damn nice.

#126 10 years ago

Yea, I had a fully working JD up about two years ago for $1200 and it was like pulling teeth getting someone to buy the damn thing. I ended up letting it go for less! I also had a DM and while it has some good flow and decent audio, it got boring a little more quickly than I had expected.

#127 10 years ago

Well I just picked up a JM......truly a great "Bang for your Buck" pin!

Super fast and not an easy pin at all. I think Johnny will be around for a long time.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well I just picked up a JM......truly a great "Bang for your Buck" pin!
Super fast and not and easy pin at all. I think Johnny will be around for a long time.

You got it in the basement?

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You got it in the basement?

Yep, my some had a couple friends over and I recruited all of them.

She's up (and leveled) and running.........fast!

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yep, my some had a couple friends over and I recruited all of them.
She's up (and leveled) and running.........fast!

Nice! Looking forward to playing it.

I got 4.9 billion today. Still shy of the HS board....

#131 10 years ago

JD remains my #1 bang for your buck pin for home use. Prices are rising, but as long as it sells on average for under $3k, it will probably remain #1 on my list.
Of the other top 4 vote getters, I might have to put DM next on my list. If you have a larger collection of games, then I think games like WCS or BSD would make for a better fit.

#132 10 years ago

With 383 votes in, WCS, DM and BSD are leading the way.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

CA area, I believe that. People tend not to throw cash around here in WI so much.

Well, maybe it's time to realize that what happens in flyover WI isn't really representative of the country or world at large?

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Well, maybe it's time to realize that what happens in flyover WI isn't really representative of the country or world at large?

We're not?

Well at least we are pretty close to Chicago, the current center of the Pinball universe

#135 10 years ago

Now that my JM is dialed in, I might have to wish I could change my vote.....

#136 10 years ago
#137 10 years ago

Does it really matter, anything you can get a good deal on nowadays, is a good deal. Some people must be loaded with those prices.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

We're not?
Well at least we are pretty close to Chicago, the current center of the Pinball universe

This is true. The pinball universe is 45 mins from us. and always has been. So it's you guys that are screwed up on stuff, not us.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-a-1-bang-for-your-buck-pin-right-now-is/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.