(Topic ID: 48383)

The "A"#1 "Bang for your Buck" pin right now is?

By Astropin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best "Bang for your Buck" today if selling at these prices in NICE condition.”

• World Cup Soccer at $2000 72 votes
    18%
  • Johnny Mnemonic at $1900 49 votes
    12%
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula at $2450 65 votes
    16%
  • Getaway (HS2) at $2000 44 votes
    11%
  • Demolition Man at $1850 66 votes
    16%
  • Stargate at $2000 18 votes
    4%
  • Congo at $2600 31 votes
    8%
  • Judge Dredd at $2300 30 votes
    7%
  • STTNG at $4,000 33 votes
    8%

(408 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Popeye!

#52 10 years ago

I own both getaway and bsd and I dont want to hate on The Getaway, but Dracula is the better game. That being said for someone who is not that into pinball, loves cars, speed, and hates cops (which basically describes most of my friends and a larger part of my family) then The Getaway is your pin.
I'm pretty sure everyone would hate me if I sold it lol!

#53 10 years ago

Baywatch at any price.

#54 10 years ago

Rbion

#55 10 years ago

Easily JM then DM after that. Not to mention the only two pins under the $2k mark. Im not just saying that because I own a JM. It might be leaving soon anyways.

#56 10 years ago

your prices are little high on all of those, plus you don't have Jurassic park or baywatch on there. baywatch seems to be the leader in bang for your buck as of late. Since Jurassic park has hit the 1800 range.

#57 10 years ago

Start another topic with other choices and must have two extremely fun pins TFTC, No Fear, and T2. I don't get why JP is liked over TFTC. I voted for WCS bec its fun to play and brings back memories. I still have not played JM which I hear is fun n fast or Congo. I have not played BSD since it came out and would like to revisit that game.

#58 10 years ago

JP has an awesome playfield toy. Great modes and more family friendly theme. Shaker is actually used very well in that game as well. TFTC is a good game as well, but it's no Tommy, JP or GNR.

#59 10 years ago

I own 3 of the 9, and wouldn't mind a few others off that list.

No Fear should be on the list, as well as NBA Fast Break.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

JP has an awesome playfield toy. Great modes and more family friendly theme. Shaker is actually used very well in that game as well. TFTC is a good game as well, but it's no Tommy, JP or GNR.

Some will argue but yes info like GNR. Tommy I played and still up I the air. As for the new updated TFTC aka Metallica looks like a winner. I think someone started a poll on best Data East game if you revisit.

#61 10 years ago

I voted Demo Man, just due to the amount of shots, and you can still find one for WELL under 2k. WCS 94 is next in my sights and it's good to see that everyone agrees it's a great game!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I own 3 of the 9, and wouldn't mind a few others off that list.
No Fear should be on the list, as well as NBA Fast Break.

If I could have made the list larger No Fear, NBAFB, T2, JP, TFTC and Baywatch would have been added.

I own 4 on the list and I only own 4 pins and Stargate is about to be swapped out for JM.

I'm a DMD bargain hunter and this list might just decide my next addition. (Although I will probably skip BSD, for all the love it gets it just doesn't appeal to me).

#63 10 years ago

A friend just picked up a nice Whitewater for £1300. From a fellow collector too. It's nice to know that some people are still trading to each other at pre silly values.

Obviously he's going to stick it on eBay for £2600 tomorrow.

#64 10 years ago

i got a WPT in very good shape for $1900. It kicks my ass. Will hopefully put the updated code in today to make it even better, from what i have read. so it gets my vote.

#65 10 years ago

Would have voted for The Shadow if it had made the list.

#66 10 years ago

WCS was my vote, but WWFRR you can get even cheaper and it has a TON of depth to it. Lots of fun to play!!

#67 10 years ago

I was going to say WWFRR and FT are better bang for the buck than pretty much everything on your list.

Both can still be bought for less than $1500 for a routed player and offer a ton of fun!

#68 10 years ago

What about LAH no mention of that yet? Good modes great toy, and still super cheap.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

your prices are little high on all of those, plus you don't have Jurassic Park or Baywatch on there. Baywatch seems to be the leader in bang for your buck as of late. Since Jurassic Park has hit the 1800 range.

Since you're always going to tell us that prices are a "little high", can't it just go unsaid...please...for once! You do realize that you're the only one that thinks they're high, right? It's like a broken record! Everybody else in the hobby realizes that these are current prices, except you. I actually thought that OP nailed the prices perfectly.

#70 10 years ago

I would vote for WPT (yes, I bought one earlier in the year, because to me it seemed like a logical bang for my buck choice vs. a NIB Tron at more than double the price).

WPT: Crazy Keith rules depth, Ritchie flow... built before Stern decided to cheapen out their games to the Nth degree, SAM level audio... but at half the price of their newer more stripped down offerings?

Yeah, I'll sign up for that. WPT does an incredibly poor job explaining rules and what to do/when, but if you put in the time and enjoy stacking/planning it is a gem so far. That being said the game I own came pre-jacked up on its back legs, and I haven't bothered to try to make it easier.

#71 10 years ago

JD, SST, BW, FT, BSD, TFTC, for me and all in my collection.

#72 10 years ago

I would also go with The Shadow

#73 10 years ago

The list is broken, but WCS to me remains a realistic winner, you can still find this pin at around 1,400.00 (per condition and location of course)

#74 10 years ago

i agree with capt neo. so there ar 2 of us. since you keep jacking the prices up he need him to keep it real..were not all trust fund kids. 2000 bucks for something 20 years old seems high to me. when you start talking 6000 7000 10000 thats just ridiculous. but then again i grew up poor, and have to work 80hours to pullin 2000 bucks. 2centsworthofnoob

#75 10 years ago

Add anther to the WWFRR if it was on the list, but out of those listed I like World Cup Soccer the most.

#76 10 years ago

POPEYE!

#77 10 years ago

Agreed, unfortunately mines going on the chopping block soon

#78 10 years ago

The official pinside bang for the buck list is really misleading for new users and those new to pinball. I was a bit disappointed to find out most of the games in the top 10-15 on that list usually go for twice what is on there.

That being said, my friend just got a WWFRR and it is a ton of fun for the price.

#79 10 years ago

Demo Man is under 2K and the best bang for the buck hands down.

Congo is great and BSD is approaching $3K or more for a nice one.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The official pinside bang for the buck list is really misleading for new users and those new to pinball. I was a bit disappointed to find out most of the games in the top 10-15 on that list usually go for twice what is on there.

No price guide has been able to keep up with the market lately, it's basically a crummy time to be new to the hobby. Is what it is, it's not some Pinside conspiracy, but yeah, you shouldn't expect to pay those prices any more. Doesn't mean you can't find a deal, but they're going to be the exceptions to the rule. As always, being open and patient will score you the best finds.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from tp:

i agree with capt neo. so there ar 2 of us. since you keep jacking the prices up he need him to keep it real..were not all trust fund kids. 2000 bucks for something 20 years old seems high to me. when you start talking 6000 7000 10000 thats just ridiculous. but then again i grew up poor, and have to work 80hours to pullin 2000 bucks. 2centsworthofnoob

I don't disagree that prices are high right now, but that's the current market. I don't like thinking that I have to pay $2500 for a BSD that I could have bought a few years ago for $1300, but $2500 is going the rate, so that's what I'll have to pay if I want another one. I'm not jacking the prices up, and Neo isn't keeping it real. He's been bashing seller asking prices for years, but listed his games for sale at ridiculous prices. You can't have it both ways. The market is what it is.

#82 10 years ago

Voted WCS here and with my $. Can't wait to pick it up Sunday!!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I would vote for WPT (yes, I bought one earlier in the year, because to me it seemed like a logical bang for my buck choice vs. a NIB Tron at more than double the price).
WPT: Crazy Keith rules depth, Ritchie flow... built before Stern decided to cheapen out their games to the Nth degree, SAM level audio... but at half the price of their newer more stripped down offerings?
Yeah, I'll sign up for that. WPT does an incredibly poor job explaining rules and what to do/when, but if you put in the time and enjoy stacking/planning it is a gem so far. That being said the game I own came pre-jacked up on its back legs, and I haven't bothered to try to make it easier.

I second this, with WPT going for around $2-$2.2k these days. Demo Man is also a candidate. STTNG is no value at any price--I despise the game. BSD is a lame borefest.

Other candidates on my list are WCS, Road Show, T3 (much better than T2!), Starship Troopers. Judge Dredd is a good game, but it was selling for much less too recently to be a bang-for-the-buck game in the mid-$2k region. Maybe the Shadow, unless it's in the same recently-elevated price range.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I don't disagree that prices are high right now, but that's the current market. I don't like thinking that I have to pay $2500 for a BSD that I could have bought a few years ago for $1300, but $2500 is going the rate, so that's what I'll have to pay if I want another one. I'm not jacking the prices up, and Neo isn't keeping it real. He's been bashing seller asking prices for years, but listed his games for sale at ridiculous prices. You can't have it both ways. The market is what it is.

If 2k is the going rate for Stargate, why did the zoo have 2 for sale for $1500 and 1700? Seems a little high. Others in his list are the same. Yes the market is high right now, but not on all titles. Only the typical cookie cutter collection games seems to double and triple in price. Everything else seems to have stayed the same. DM's still are hard to move over $1200. Baywatch takes awhile at $1300 and so on.

#85 10 years ago

Condition is king! A pin like Stargate can go from 1500 to 2500 depending on condition.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

DM's still are hard to move over $1200.

They are? Just watched one vanish practically instantly at $1800.

#87 10 years ago

CA area, I believe that. People tend not to throw cash around here in WI so much.

#88 10 years ago

I hope my comment doesn't come across as rude, but as someone in the market to buy, I just can't find any benefit of voting on this. I feel like the more hype, the more, and quickly prices will go up. So please forgive my lack of vote.

#89 10 years ago

Harlem Globetrotters? Flash Gordon?

If it has to be a DMD, Shadow and Road Show would be at the top of my list.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Voted WCS here and with my $. Can't wait to pick it up Sunday!!

You finally found one! Congrats.

Quoted from mccoy2797:I hope my comment doesn't come across as rude, but as someone in the market to buy, I just can't find any benefit of voting on this. I feel like the more hype, the more, and quickly prices will go up. So please forgive my lack of vote.

I really don't think your vote (or this poll) will change anything. Most of these pins are on the way up. They can't be "Bang for your Buck" pins forever.....eventually they get fully discovered and priced accordingly. Some (cough..Neo) may think that has already happened. A good buy is only a good buy for so long in a collectors market.....especially when talking about pins that will never be made again. And some of these were not made in large numbers.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

They can't be "Bang for your Buck" pins forever

STTNG is a good example. I wish I could have bought mine before they shot up in price. I've noticed how much attention Shadow has gotten here recently. That's bound to affect the cost.

#92 10 years ago

Shadow all day

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

DM's still are hard to move over $1200

Can you show me a $1200 DM to purchase? I would buy one today. I live in the greater STL area.

Thanks

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

A friend just picked up a nice Whitewater for £1300. From a fellow collector too. It's nice to know that some people are still trading to each other at pre silly values.Obviously he's going to stick it on eBay for £2600 tomorrow.

I bought a whitewater 2 years ago for £600

#95 10 years ago

No Doctor Who? I would have thought that DW would be in the <$2K category.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

DM's still are hard to move over $1200.

I will buy every working DM out there for $1200. Bring em!!

Anybody...Bueller...Bueller...that's what I thought...crickets!

Neo, I think you should buy a Back to the Future pinball machine, then maybe you could join us in 2013.

#97 10 years ago

Put me down for a $1300 or less Baywatch machine. Heck, anything DMD that sorta works for less than $1300 would be gone in 3 seconds flat around here.

#98 10 years ago

DMD's can't be found working 100% for less then 1500. Most undr that have issues...

#99 10 years ago

I would have picked RBION if it was up there at a reasonable price. I picked WCS instead.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

DMD's can't be found working 100% for less then 1500. Most undr that have issues...

I'm glad that isn't the case around here. I have only paid over $1500 for 2 pins ever. They aren't going to drop into your lap...in most cases...but they are there. The majority of non Bally/WMS 90's era DMD pins that people try to get more than $1,500 for aren't worth the price IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-a-1-bang-for-your-buck-pin-right-now-is/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.