(Topic ID: 48383)

The "A"#1 "Bang for your Buck" pin right now is?

By Astropin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best "Bang for your Buck" today if selling at these prices in NICE condition.”

• World Cup Soccer at $2000 72 votes
    18%
  • Johnny Mnemonic at $1900 49 votes
    12%
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula at $2450 65 votes
    16%
  • Getaway (HS2) at $2000 44 votes
    11%
  • Demolition Man at $1850 66 votes
    16%
  • Stargate at $2000 18 votes
    4%
  • Congo at $2600 31 votes
    8%
  • Judge Dredd at $2300 30 votes
    7%
  • STTNG at $4,000 33 votes
    8%

(408 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

There are so many good choices that I'm going to narrow this down to a poll.

So these are MY candidates for top "Bang for your Buck" pins at the moment.*

*Base on my subjective interpretation of the current market value based on a clean, nice looking, great playfield and working 100% machine. If you don't agree with my assessments I'm sure you will be happy to let me know.

#2 10 years ago

Pretty good list here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

Prices are changing fast but it is a start.

#3 10 years ago

I voted for BSD. STTNG doesn't really fall in to this category in my opinion. You have it listed at $4k, which is $1400 higher than any other pin on the list. Once you hit the $4k mark, there are a ton of games that could be added to your list, but there aren't many great games $2600 and below. I would add RoadShow instead of STTNG to keep the pricing on an even playing field.

#4 10 years ago

T2 could be in there as well, no?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I would add roadshow instead of STTNG to keep the pricing on an even playing field.

Or even Shadow which missed the list as well. Great game and still not too expensive (though it is creeping up!)

#6 10 years ago

2nd the nod to Shadow, and EATPM would also fare well on this list.

#7 10 years ago

How is whirlwind not on this list... It can be had cheaper than all of those and is a better game to boot

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I voted for BSD. STTNG doesn't really fall in to this category in my opinion. You have it listed at $4k, which is $1400 higher than any other pin on the list. Once you hit the $4k mark, there are a ton of games that could be added to your list, but there aren't many great games $2600 and below. I would add roadshow instead of STTNG to keep the pricing on an even playing field.

Totally agree. RS deserves to be on there, at $2500. I think STTNG leads the way for pins $3500-$4500 but that falls outside the scope of this thread. Also, good thread... I'll be watching to see how it shakes out.

#9 10 years ago

I also think Road Show should be in this list. My first pin...and in my opinion a great bang for your buck!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Pretty good list here:

Where can I get a Black Spider Man for $1800?!?! Yes please! I call it first!

#11 10 years ago

I'd also nominate WWF:RR and Baywatch for this list.

#12 10 years ago

Black spider man on number 7 confusing with Spider-Man being 48

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic is #1 - speed machine, great layers of strategy, and one of the best wizard modes in all of pinball with PowerDown.

Later,
EV

#14 10 years ago

I voted for JM, though the Shadow would be my first choice. Eddy's best game, IMO.

- B

#16 10 years ago

I voted for DM, but JM and WCS are close 2nds. BSD is too expensive to be a bang for your buck game now. It is a great game, but its too linear when compared to the other 3. RBION is a total sleeper and a great home game as well.

#17 10 years ago

Stargate, but I would also consider WPT and RS

#18 10 years ago

I picked Demo Man at 1850. Lots to do on that pin for less than 2k.....

#19 10 years ago

Tons of great pins qualify in my book.
Just a few.

1. Shadow
2. Road Show
3. Who ? Dunnit
4. No Fear.

#20 10 years ago

Pretty good list here:

Wow these prices are old. I'd gladly open my wallet for handful of these pins if they could be had at these prices.

#21 10 years ago

Road show

#22 10 years ago

I'd go WCS out of those titles still.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I voted for BSD. STTNG doesn't really fall in to this category in my opinion. You have it listed at $4k, which is $1400 higher than any other pin on the list. Once you hit the $4k mark, there are a ton of games that could be added to your list, but there aren't many great games $2600 and below. I would add roadshow instead of STTNG to keep the pricing on an even playing field.

LOL....I was wondering how long that would take.

STTNG is my favorite all time pin. So considering the prices of the machines at the very top of the Pinside rankings 4k is a tremendous value!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

T2 could be in there as well, no?

It could yes.....I only had so many slots to fill and T2 just missed.

Quoted from brucipher:I also think Road Show should be in this list. My first pin...and in my opinion a great bang for your buck!

RS did not make the list because I really don't care for it.....and I made the list.

Pretty good list here:

Way to out of date....which is why I started this poll. Many of the top games listed there on on here.....just the values need a major update.

Quoted from Capper96:

How is Whirlwind not on this list... It can be had cheaper than all of those and is a better game to boot

Whirlwind is another great choice....just didn't have room for all of them.

#25 10 years ago

Looks like I got the order mostly right.....the top three are starting to pull away.

#26 10 years ago

Word cup soccer and fishtails

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

RS did not make the list because I really don't care for it.....and I made the list.

Too bad, because it's the best bang for the buck pin out of any that you listed in my opinion.

I currently own both DM and JM, and they are both excellent bang for the buck pins as well, but I enjoyed RS more than either of them by a fair margin. Same with Congo and WCS.

I'd rank the ones I've owned as follows: RS, DM, BSD, Congo, JM, WCS. The last three I listed are very close, and I might list them in a different order depending on when you ask the question.

I haven't owned the others.

#28 10 years ago

MSF is also one that gets overlooked

#29 10 years ago

Revenge From Mars is slowly becoming the best bargain in pinball. The whole market is creeping up around it. It really is a great game that too many people overlook.

#31 10 years ago

Would have voted the Shadow also as it was the best bang for your buck when I bought one a couple of years ago and still is in my opinion.

BSD and HS2 are really fun.

No love for Data East games

I really like TFTC and JP.

#32 10 years ago

WPT.

Excellent condition ones for $2200 +/- $200.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

No love for Data East games
I really like TFTC and JP.

I would say that JP is another that deserves to be on there.

Seeing a LOT of mentions for The Shadow but what is the going rate for that pin in NICE condition....it's around 3k now isn't it?

Yes I know I threw up STTNG at 4k but to me STTNG is MILES above TS.....IMHO.

#34 10 years ago

At those prices my first choice would be a WCS94 followed by a BSD. I think FT would make a good addition to the list and would be priced in the same neighborhood as BSD. Another game in that same price point would be JP. In my view it's the best theme of the bunch, but probably is held back by the fact it's a DE.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from chill:

WPT.
Excellent condition ones for $2200 +/- $200.

Another good one.....although I don't think they are common at that price & condition....usually a little higher.

#36 10 years ago

BSD room rocks...... Best players pin of the bunch.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Your list your rules.

still gotta respect RS

#39 10 years ago

NBA Fastbreak......yep........

#40 10 years ago

My vote is for BSD. One of the best players pins on the market. DM and JM would be my second and third...

#41 10 years ago

I would add flintstones to the vote.

#42 10 years ago

DM and JM are the two winners here in my book. I especially have a soft spot in my heart for DM....it was my first machine. I went to CC Pinball here in the greater STL area a month ago and of all the damn machines there I bet I played more games on DM than any other (helps that there was no competition to play it). Not saying it was a wise allocation of my time but it is what it is.....and thats a fun game.

#43 10 years ago

Monopoly???

#44 10 years ago

Aren't you supposed to say BBH ? Someone hijacked your account ?

#45 10 years ago

Judge Dredd is now a $2300 game, people, but at these prices I'm goin' with The Getaway.

#46 10 years ago

Star Ship Troopers is a lot of game and can be had in great shape at $1,500. Ugly play field toys though. Doctor Who is another good bang for your buck game, it was under 2k not that long ago but seems to be creeping up to the 2k mark, might be the 50th Year Anniversary.

#47 10 years ago

Road show

#48 10 years ago

.....................No.

#49 10 years ago

Getaway is as much game as anyone could ever want for $2k.

Judge Dredd is great, but I don't think it's a $2300 game (not $1400 either, though.) I'd say it's about a 1700-1800 game at this point, and nearly as good value for money as Getaway.

#50 10 years ago

There are pins I'm lukewarm on.

There are pins I am neutral about.

There are pins I dislike.

There are (a very few) pins I hate.

And then there's a whole special place just for Monopoly. /shudder

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
£ 110.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-a-1-bang-for-your-buck-pin-right-now-is and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.