New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275901)

The 5 1/2 year wait is over.

By snaroff

56 days ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by Lemank
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2180 (resized).jpeg

#1 56 days ago

On 2/25/15, I entered the pre-order queue for CPR's Paragon PF reproduction. Received it today...

What a beauty! I had an NOS PF finished by Ron Kruzman, and this is every bit as nice. Clear isn't as thick as other CPR PF's I've had, but this seems like an improvement. On my Fathom reproduction, the clear was so thick it ruptured in the shooter lane. The ultra thick clear coats also make the star rollover inserts more tricky to deal with. This clear coat seems more appropriate for the time period. The artwork and colors are stunning.

Don't know why it took over 5 years, but I imagine these guys care deeply about quality. Thanks to Stu and the CPR team for making this happen!

IMG_2180 (resized).jpeg
#2 56 days ago

yep, this one is a winner!

#3 56 days ago

Ouch.

Every time I get near a Paragon, I get slapped. WTF, I guess that even happens online now?

(that thing looks awesome! Congrats on getting it)

#4 56 days ago

Sure is purty..... Have fun!

#6 56 days ago

Excellent ! Well worth the wait.

LTG : )

#7 56 days ago

Wow, that's a beauty! I always loved the art on Paragon, and this era of Ballys in general.

#8 56 days ago

Was it a lot they manufactured, or are they into “one of’s” fabrication yet? I know they were talking about it but haven’t checked recently.

#9 56 days ago
Quoted from srcdube:

Was it a lot they manufactured, or are they into “one of’s” fabrication yet? I know they were talking about it but haven’t checked recently.

With 9,000 manufactured, I imagine there are a lot of folks waiting for this PF. Considered one of the top wide bodies for this time period.

I don't believe they do many "one off's", but I do know they have some quirky runs (like a colored Centaur PF

#10 56 days ago

Uff the purple and reds are complete wrong.

I kid I kid...

#11 56 days ago

That playfield looks amazing. I miss my paragon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside