1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jesterfunhouse
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

no_shirt-free_drinks (resized).jpg
    NoChoggardZone2 (resized).png
    IMG_0101 (resized).JPG
    welcome-to-pinside (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Approaching my 5th year as a Member of Pinside. It has been invaluable to me in many ways and is THE BEST FORUM on the planet.

However I have learned the hard way the following three rules about Pinside and I am reminded of them by recent threads...

1. NEVER DISCUSS PRICES on "PINSIDE CLUB"... (Did Pinside invent the "Price Police"?)

2. NEVER State what you use to CLEAN your PLAY FIELDS on "PINSIDE CLUB"... (only use Marsh-mellows soaked in blue food coloring...(anyone get that reference?))

3. NEVER EVER NOT EVEN EVER....USE the terms "Shop-out" and "Restoration" interchangeably on "PINSIDE CLUB"... (unless you are working on a "Wonder Wizard™ " then its okay...)

welcome-to-pinside (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

I have to dispute #1...how else are we supposed to get the most realistic prices on the best condition games except through other Pinsiders? Posting a price check thread with pictures when buying or selling a game is when you get the most usable information, IMHO.

#3 1 year ago

Your going to need a lot more rules.

#4 1 year ago

4) "HUO" equals "recently shopped kind of half-assed"

#5 1 year ago

5) "looks great for its age" - covered in rat urine, mold, has wood worm holes in the playfield and is a severe fire hazard in general.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I have to dispute #1...how else are we supposed to get the most realistic prices on the best condition games except through other Pinsiders? Posting a price check thread with pictures when buying or selling a game is when you get the most usable information, IMHO.

A few years ago the Price Police were far more active...now its the wild wild west with Prices. I have never seen so many $7-8K TZ when they were $5-6K two years ago. Here is a reminder on what COULD happen...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-18#post-3993319

#7 1 year ago

#1 Is bull.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

5) "looks great for its age" - covered in rat urine, mold, wood worm holes in the playfield and is a severe fire hazard.

LOL

#10 1 year ago

IMG_0101 (resized).JPG

#11 1 year ago

Would it be safe to assume no mention of shortages on code should be allowed in club threads either?

I mean anybody that bought the game should have known what the rules were. And joined the club for other reasons.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

A few years ago the Price Police were far more active...now its the wild wild west with Prices. I have never seen so many $7-8K TZ when they were $5-6K two years ago.

The current market for TZ is probably around $6K (Condition warranting, of course). So, it would be expected in the current market to see a few with asking prices up to $7-8K for those who like to haggle. That isn't enough of an unusual percent increase to start policing. Now, when someone is asking $3000 for a $1500 game, that is a prerequisite for policing.

Signed,
    The Price Police

#13 1 year ago

7) My crap is GOLD, your gold is CRAP

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

The current market for TZ is probably around $6K (Condition warranting, of course). So, it would be expected in the current market to see a few with asking prices up to $7-8K for those who like to haggle. That isn't enough of an unusual percent increase to start policing. Now, when someone is asking $3000 for a $1500 game, that is a prerequisite for policing.
    Signed,
    The Price Police

I think I proved my point about why its number 1...

#15 1 year ago

Don't talk about getting water on the playfield.

9) Know to keep them out of the sun.

Wait..I may be thinking of my gremlin club. ..

#16 1 year ago

Rule #101.........if your not part of the 'click' here on Pinside your opinions are meaningless. HaHa......

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaJohn:

Rule #101.........if your not part of the 'click' here on Pinside your opinions are meaningless. HaHa......

clique

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Don't talk about getting water on the playfield.
    9) Know to keep them out of the sun.
    Wait..I may be thinking of my gremlin club. ..

10. Never feed them after Midnight.

Lol

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

10. Never feed them after Midnight.
    Lol

Some greasy Chicken and pinball at same time! Play with glass off and you won't have to ever wax machine!

#20 1 year ago

Often times the "No Choggard Zone" applies for buying or selling a pinball machine from sellers/buyers that know to apply this requirement in their ads.
    NoChoggardZone2 (resized).png

#21 1 year ago

Rule #45: if a game is for sale for an absurd amount of money and you also own it, you are required to let everyone know what a deal it is.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Rule #45: if a game is for sale for an absurd amount of money and you also own it, you are required to let everyone know what a deal it is.

I usually say it's worth more and then go make fake accounts and rate it a 10. Also, make sure every game you don't own you rate a 1 so you can by it cheaper later when it loses its value

#23 1 year ago

Thanks for translating. I read his post 3 times and still didn't get it.

#24 1 year ago

Don't forget Special K

#25 1 year ago

I was hoping the rules of pinside club would be

1: The first rule of pinside club is that you don't talk about pinside club.
    2: The second rule of pinside club is that you don't talk about pinside club (especially with the wife).
    3: If someone says stop, tilts a game, or spills their drink, the game is over.
    4: Up to four people to a machine.
    5: One game at a time.
    6: Must wear shirts. Definitely wear shoes.
    7: Games go on as long as they have to.
    8: If this is your first night on pinside, you have to complain about stuff.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I was hoping the rules of pinside club would be

1: The first rule of pinside club is that you don't talk about pinside club.
    2: The second rule of pinside club is that you don't talk about pinside club (especially with the wife).
    3: If someone says stop, tilts a game, or spills their drink, the game is over.
    5: One game at a time.
    7: Games go on as long as they have to.
    8: If this is your first night on pinside, you have to complain about stuff.

9: If you crap your pants at a show. Keep playing. Other people won't mind.

LTG : )

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

You may want to revise this one to: Up to six players to a machine.

Due to the 17 different Data East 6-player machines, and a few more from other manuf's.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?pl=6&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

#28 1 year ago

Ever get chogard wet or he will reproduce more , even worse chogards....

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Boo #6. Well... I guess it depends on who you are playing with.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

A few years ago the Price Police were far more active...now its the wild wild west with Prices. I have never seen so many $7-8K TZ when they were $5-6K two years ago. Here is a reminder on what COULD happen...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-18#post-3993319

Holy Jeebus did I get sidetracked with that

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Quoted from Travish:

Boo #6. Well... I guess it depends on who you are playing with.

Yes, I agree. May need to revise #6:

no_shirt-free_drinks (resized).jpg

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from PapaJohn:

You sure that's not rule #1.1? LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 179.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.50
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 399.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside