(Topic ID: 284080)

The 2021 Pinside Chopping Block

By beelzeboob

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

With all the new and rumored games out now and in the wind, most will have to free up some space and/or funds. What games are dead men walking in your lineup?

For me, it's:

Joker Poker SS (fully restored)
    TNA
    Tron

When those are your bottom 3 games, life is very good indeed.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

When those are your bottom 3 games, life is very good indeed.

My bottom three are Baywatch + Barb Wire + X-files, so I guess life isn't so good for me.

I have never sold a pin and am just now thinking about putting those three up for sale.
    I purchased 1997 X-files NIB in 1997 (still have the box in my crawlspace).
    I purchased 1996 Barb Wire in 1997 in very good condition (which it still is).
    Got 1994 Baywatch in 1997. Cabinet has a few dings but playfield very good. Added ColorDMD.

#3 3 years ago

I’m torn but I need room. Strange Science,Popeye,Ghostbusters is more of a long shot followed by X Men.

#4 3 years ago

I have room for one now. The next CGC game will fill that.

If my closure lasts longer, maybe my Stern Pirates will go. One of the first 12 with the red compass center and Cleland software in it.

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago

I keep thinking i should cut down my collection by 75% or so. Maybe put the money into a couple new ones. Especially the arcades. So much space used, constant to do lists.....

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

My bottom three are Baywatch + Barb Wire + X-files, so I guess life isn't so good for me.
    I have never sold a pin and am just now thinking about putting those three up for sale.
    I purchased 1997 X-files NIB in 1997 (still have the box in my crawlspace).
    I purchased 1996 Barb Wire in 1997 in very good condition (which it still is).
    Got 1994 Baywatch in 1997. Cabinet has a few dings but playfield very good. Added ColorDMD.

No idea what you're on about; none of those games are crap.

Quoted from LTG:

If my closure lasts longer, maybe my Stern Pirates will go. One of the first 12 with the red compass center and Cleland software in it.

...and I will take that.

#7 3 years ago

Completely out of room, so either going to start storing some of the EMs for their eventual move to our pool room (gonna need an Escalera first as that's three flights up, and my wife was already a trooper helping me get 9 cocktails up there), or just keep selling/trading one at a time. MBrLE, GB premium, and maybe Orbitor 1 to be sold/traded next, to make room for GnR, and maybe Elvira HOH, BKSOR, and ST prem/LE depending on what deals arise. (if anyone has any of those to trade for MBrLE, GB prem, or Orbitor, PM me)

#8 3 years ago

Super Straight, Diamond Lady, Congo, Lethal Weapon 3

#9 3 years ago

Well, let's see I'm all ready out of space..
    LOTR/MMRRoyal/MBR/WOZ/STLE.. are supposed to be part of the PERMA collection..
    SThings Premium is taking 6th and final spot for game room.. and wife wants to keep a little longer and fix the TKMB lock..
    SO..TWDPro.. I can't get rid of that either.. Lyman Sheats..fun..theme.. no way.
    and in the next few weeks I'm trying to RE BUY some more LS associated classics.. AC/DC Premium/Met Pro LED..
    hmm fortunately we've decided we don't really need that extra bedroom.. and it'll hold 3/4..
    JJP GNR CE is on the way (one day)..
    tough call if something else comes up for 2021.. so I guess it would have to be SThings..

#10 3 years ago

Nope. Just got my lineup where I want it! I’m holding.

#11 3 years ago

Sorry Pinbot..your on the chopping block

#12 3 years ago

I'm happy with what I have and maxed out on room.

However, I'm planning of replacing my Wonka standard with Wonka collectors model.

#13 3 years ago

Right now freddy soon as its done.

I have too many projects so mousin around, bad cats populated pf, and radical populated pf might get sold. Dunno yet but feeling overwhelmed.

#14 3 years ago

Our restored joker poker is sold, pick up in mid January. Considering selling bksor prem. Fun change of pace game, but gettin tight in room!

#15 3 years ago

I sold Judge Dredd & TWD Premium to clear room & dollars.

I'm ready. Just trying to decide what to acquire. I do miss Tron. One of only two pins I've owned twice.

Zep, Elvira HOH and Avengers AIQ are tempting.

#16 3 years ago

I have a project SFII that I was thinking of digging out and listing for sale. Just haven't really had the time.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I didn't know Cleland did a sound enhancement for Pirates. F-14 just left but Munsters would be next on my chopping block. Family loves it though so for it to move a new machine would need to appeal to them.

#18 3 years ago

Extra Sing Along and Road Race.

#19 3 years ago

Going out will be

Mati Hari
    Indy
    Viking
    Jokerz
    Night Rider
    Sinbad
    Strikes and Spares

Few other EMs

#20 3 years ago

If anything came along that I couldn't live without, Phantom Of the Opera would be my Sophie's Choice.

Chris

#21 3 years ago

My wife and I have a 3-5 year plan. We'd like to sell our house and move into a townhome within the next 5 years. I'm tired of keeping up the outside.

I've got 16 games. My daughter has room for 2 and my son has room for 4 and I have no desire to take 10 with me when we move...at least 4...maybe 5.

I also have no desire to buy anything new.

Come spring, I plan on selling Scoregasm, FT and AMH. That's it at least for now.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My wife and I have a 3-5 year plan. We'd like to sell our house and move into a townhome within the next 5 years. I'm tired of keeping up the outside.

Yeah, I've heard those assisted living places are awesome.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, I've heard those assisted living places are awesome.

I heard that, asshole!

#24 3 years ago

One of two captain fantastic is all that’s on my 2021 chopping block.

#25 3 years ago

I'm very fortunate as well and have room to add 2 more before I have to let one go. If I had to choose on to let go, it would likely be the Hobbit, I've had offers to by Aerosmith, but that's the misses favorite game so it has to stay.

#26 3 years ago

If something new came to my desires, HUP Stern POTC, and Xmen..maybe Elvis

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I'm happy with what I have and maxed out on room.

I'm in the same boat. Love the games I have, nothing coming out makes me want to sell one and replace it with something new. I'll probably be rolling with my current lineup for awhile until a cheap game pops up and I am totally fine with that.

#28 3 years ago

Have a Monster Bash LE that feels a bit redundant with Medieval Madness also in the mix. Ghostbusters may also be on the block because it's just not calling out to me as fun these days.

#29 3 years ago

I just don't play much anymore and the grandkids scarcely visit.

So I will probably sell my players condition Joker Poker (SS) & my Nightrider (SS) that was rethemed into a "Whack That Mole" game.

Also I have a Flash Gordon and Silverball Mania at one of the grandkids house that might come up for sale. Never sure what they might want to do.

Robert

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2021-pinside-chopping-block?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.