Screen-Shot-2017-12-17-at-10.42.59-AM (resized).png
IMG_6824 (resized).jpg
TWIPY Master Logo 2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 9.18.30 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 7.44.54 PM (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg
TWIPY 17 Logo HR (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 6 years ago

Congrats to all those involved. It was a rocky start but turned into something significant and well executed and I think will be a great tradition.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I don't understand totally the absence of Alien, other than it wasn't considered "this years" game?

I didn't watch the whole thing, but you're saying Alien was never read as a "final 3"? It was in the list of "Released in 2017" candidate games, so then if it's name did not get said at all during the broadcast it never made the top 3 votes in any category.

I think the vote was as fair as can be, and likely had some good numbers and participation. So, the market is speaking at this point. I'm sure not everyone will agree, but a vote is a vote.

#132 6 years ago

As a Batman66 owner I can see the tide changing for the title, but at the same time I acknowledge that the game Stern shipped this past year, and the version most people played over the past year, isn't going to win a best code award.

I think it having a "good showing" by being in the top 3 for a lot of categories is fair though, and I expect more people will be impressed with the final version as it gets completed.

"Shawshank Redemption" was nominated for Best Picture the year it came out, and no one had heard of it or saw it. It didn't win. Only as the years passed that people discovered it and its one of the best loved movies of all time.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I'm surprised that TNT didn't even get into the top 3 for best pinball youtube channel. I agree with the winner but I just feel like with all the hard work Todd and his crew puts into his videos, he should have been up there.

This happens with every type of awards. Forget about the winners, sometimes there are straight up snubs in the candidates. Daft Punk not being nominated for an Academy Award for Tron Legacy soundtrack comes to mind, and is relevant to pinball. Every year there are new ones.

In this case, the top 3 were for the 3 with the most votes, so not even a direct snub by an organizer. I agree Todd is great, but sometimes the old guard gets looked over.

I guess my point is, these things will happen. All the organizers can do is make sure nominations are fair to start with.

#165 6 years ago

It won't be hard to keep the integrity of the vote, and no matter what you're going to have people complaining about everything. In the end, these votes can only have 1 winner, and by the nature of the vote the winner will have won with more people having voted for something else. So there will always be some complaining, and accusations of vote rigging or stuffing.

Just a reminder that this is for fun, everyone.

#189 6 years ago

Possibly Pinside itself could be used as a gatekeeper of sorts to a future vote. I'm not talking about opening polls, I like the secret votes and how it was handled this year, just talking about using some technology from Pinside, as an alternative to gmail.

Voting is open to Pinside members, and within that, non-validated Pinsiders might have their votes more carefully reviewed (ie: if a particular category has an abnormal amount of high votes for a particular selection, all from non-validated Pinsiders (ie: new users who signed up just to vote), then those votes could be reviewed/discarded.

This would take a bit of work from Team Pinside, but I suspect they'd be happy to be a part of this.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

it would limit the voting base a little.

There would be some blowback from pinside haters, but it's showing yesterday "4,313 of 45,612 Pinsiders logging on", which is multiple times the reported participation of the current vote.

I'm going to suggest there will be no "perfect" solution, but perhaps some are better than others.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

After being COMPLETELY ignored, I am making all the videos "Private" and ceasing all video production. Todd

Todd, i see you with 20,000 subscribers on youtube. Isn't that your metric? Not sure why those numbers don't translate to votes for this thing but in the end that is the audience you create for, not this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-twipy-pinball-awards-live-awards-show-vote-now?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.