Screen-Shot-2017-12-17-at-10.42.59-AM (resized).png
IMG_6824 (resized).jpg
TWIPY Master Logo 2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 9.18.30 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 7.44.54 PM (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg
TWIPY 17 Logo HR (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Voted and thanks for hosting this.

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#58 6 years ago

I thought the dudes name on the right was Chris???

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Kaneda ... well deserved best podcast, but hats off to both Head 2 Head and Pinheadz... they are both FANTASTIC! Enjoy Slam Tilt too.

How many gmail accounts did that losr make to go vote for himself, lol?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Enjoy the new sweatshirt!

.???

#143 6 years ago

Biggest feedback would be to come up with a system that is not ripe for abuse/ballot stuffing.

It appears you are attempting to make this a thing and build momentum. If so, then the primary thing that needs to be done is to come up with a better system that does not allow someone to easily just make it a social media popularity contest to stuff the box or make multiple accounts to vote multiple times.

Other thing is to publish the actual number of voted and not just percentages.

How many actual votes were cast for each category? 100 or 1000?

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I dunno dude I haven’t heard anyone else complain about this but you... and it I bet if kenada didn’t win you wouldn’t be complaining either..... and yes enjoy the sweater.

I voted a bunch of times myself, just because...

I dont care that Chris won for podcaster. Glad people find joy is his shtick as it gives him the attention he desires and keep him from doing stupid things it appears. I have not listened to him for probably a year when he banned me from his channel and went on his tirade podcast against Robin. I gather he still has a hard-on for me with all the sweater comments? Something about buying me a Gucci sweater to wear if he won podcaster based on PMs I got. Strange, but whatever floats his boat i guess.

My feedback is that for any thing to grow like this awards show, you need to have the consuming populous feel it was not rigged and a reasonable representation of the actual community votes. transparency and confidence that 1 person = 1 vote is a good thing... My comment was based on knowing some people felt it was rigged that some Stern games did not do better in the polling.

Billy has been doing a similar end of year vote for a bit now and with at least using pinside polls there is transparency. There is no transparency with this polling system, anyone with multiple gmail account can vote multiple times, and without knowing the actual vote totals that sway could be large. If only 100 people voted then my handful of votes could have had a big impact

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, things need to change to keep douche bags like you from messing with the vote totals?
Why even do that?

To make a point that the system is flawed.

Quoted from pin2d:

Thanks for the feedback and the PMs. We had 1000+ voters so someone creating multiple google accounts shouldn't make a HUGE difference (we know these will never be a *perfect* science).
whysnow, do you have any interest in being our independent verifier for next year's results?

Sure

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

We'd love to have some honest and reputable pinheads verify the results for next year that can be trusted to not share the results before the show.

Happy to help and verify for you. Won't share results.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Agreed. Was trying to throw out an olive branch but I am concerned as he's been by far the most critical of these awards since the beginning (plus I got several PMs with concerns).
As I mentioned above though, I do want people to know that we do plan to have many second parties included in verifying the results going forward to make sure people know these awards stay 100% fair/trustworthy/reliable/etc.

You ask for feedback but don't want feeback??

You ask for me to independantly verify, but now are calling me untrustworthy?

I have proven to be trustworthy time and time again, and keep plenty of things confidentail when asked.
I also work with big data on a daily basis.

You should try the bryan kelly mantra a few times...bcause honestly you are kind of being one righ now...

Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry but I object. Hilton has a long history of bias and favoritism on Pinside. And he has now admitted to cheating.
I would suggest someone like Lloyd any other pinsider with a reputable history.

I did not cheat... the current system allows for 1 vote per email account... those were literally the rules on the system this year.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You violated the spirit of the contest and in my opinion, you manipulated the rules, resulting in cheating. Spin it however you like but I think most people will agree with me.
I have more than one email account and I only voted once. It never even occurred to me to do otherwise.

Sure... i violated the 'spirit' of a popularity contest where those up for popularity votes used their social media to broadcast asking for votes, lol.

There were no stated rules about voting only once.

You sound like the kid that gets mad because someone nudges when playing pinball and claim it is not in the spirit of the game. That IS the game, just like this was all about just getting the most votes. It is all a joke anyway and part of the self promotion marketing of our society. This is a PINBALL made up awards show, lol.

They asked for feedback and i gave my honest feedback. Keep things transparent and limit votes to one per person.

#184 6 years ago

funny part is that I thought the show was entertaining and was just giving feedback that they asked for.

Any social polling is hard to do and ripe for abuse, but with them wanting to be THE annual awards show, they should take efforts to make improvements.

I dont have any problem with it until people start attacking or saying I am not trustworthy, which is clearly not the case. I am one of the most trustworthy and loyal people out there.
Just because i ruffle some feathers with my opinions does not make it OK to say some of the shit that others are, or make those sort of accusations.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im sure people would have alot more to say if they knew they wouldn’t get moderated.

dont hold back tough guy

3 months later
#264 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Not really sure this is productive, but listen to the last 30 minutes of the Slam Tilt (latest one, night at the museum) podcast for a breakdown.

wow. that is all very messed up and sad to hear about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-twipy-pinball-awards-live-awards-show-vote-now?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.