Topic Stats

• 282 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BB9F8E77-DA7C-41A9-920D-9B3CEAD2C0EE (resized).jpeg
20180131_210241 (resized).jpg
twipys (resized).jpg
z00-tuck4 (resized).jpg
92efc0b7b5a6157488fb40947af7450a (resized).jpg
5E02F32A-B6FF-444A-AB34-1CA70FB359A8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6824 (resized).jpg
TWIPY-Master-Logo-2 (resized).jpg
Screen-Shot-2017-12-17-at-10.42.59-AM (resized).png
IMG_6824 (resized).jpg
TWIPY Master Logo 2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 9.18.30 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 7.44.54 PM (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg
TWIPY 17 Logo HR (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg

There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 1 year ago

Question: so there is a category for Best Theme and one for Best Theme Integration. What does it tell you about a game if it wins Best Theme, but not Best Theme Integration?

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Question: so there is a category for Best Theme and one for Best Theme Integration. What does it tell you about a game if it wins Best Theme, but not Best Theme Integration?

All it tells me is the best theme category is meaningless. Also not sure how one can judge theme integration on an original theme. There’s nothing to compare it to. Very easy to do that for licensed games. Everyone gets that sense of how they think/hope that theme should come across.

#253 1 year ago

thanks to those that voted for me and domino pinball - I was listening to the show when driving home late and I have to tell you it made my day!

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All it tells me is the best theme category is meaningless. Also not sure how one can judge theme integration on an original theme. There’s nothing to compare it to. Very easy to do that for licensed games. Everyone gets that sense of how they think/hope that theme should come across.

I disagree. There are better or worse choices for theme. I think integration is indeed trickier for unlicensed themes, but not impossible. For example, if you made a machine called Total Nuclear Annihilation, but forgot to mention anything about Nuclear reactors, etc. in the game, then you would've integrated your idea poorly. Or if Dialed In was all about natural disasters, and forgot to include the bit about the phone... Games can be judged by the choice of theme, and the integration of that theme, regardless of whether this is an original theme or not. However, I would favor adding a category for Best Original Theme.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thanks to those that voted for me and domino pinball - I was listening to the show when driving home late and I have to tell you it made my day!

That's what happens Neil when you're a cool guy that has a great pinball stream! Congrats

3 months later
#256 11 months ago

So, at what point does a TWIPY winner have their TWIPY revoked?

Sure seems like it would be worth visiting, considering the true circumstances of some recent events. I'd hazard to guess that the vast majority of the community would support a re-issuing of the PCOTY award.

#257 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

re-issuing of the PCOTY award.

What is that?

#258 11 months ago

Podcast of the Year, I'm assuming.

#259 11 months ago

Yup.

I’m a patient dude... but someone has crossed a line that shouldn’t be crossed.

#260 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yup.
I’m a patient dude... but someone has crossed a line that shouldn’t be crossed.

Explain please?

#261 11 months ago

Not really sure this is productive, but listen to the last 30 minutes of the Slam Tilt (latest one, night at the museum) podcast for a breakdown.

#262 11 months ago

Just listened to it...yeah, wow. Kinda what I thought was the whole story. Don't care about taking away any awards, just move forward. Removing any award will just give more attention. Guy needs an AA sponsor ASAP.

#263 11 months ago

Attention whore's gonna attention whore. Whoever thought it was a good idea to give that award to him......Was mistaken...

#264 11 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Not really sure this is productive, but listen to the last 30 minutes of the Slam Tilt (latest one, night at the museum) podcast for a breakdown.

wow. that is all very messed up and sad to hear about.

#265 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So, at what point does a TWIPY winner have their TWIPY revoked?

Never. If they were dumb enough to give it out what's the difference.

#266 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never. If they were dumb enough to give it out what's the difference.

Perhaps you have a point.

#267 11 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Thanks for this. It’s good to hear the other side of the story and a sober take on what occcured. Good on the slam tilt guys on not only addressing it, but how they did it - kudos to those guys.

#269 10 months ago

That would explain a LOT of things.

#270 10 months ago

video is suppressed? Why?

#271 10 months ago

Combine this with sociopathic narcissism, and you get banned from every website on the planet while pushing women and tossing drinks in faces.....

#272 10 months ago

That's a fairly bold statement. Were you there to witness?

#273 10 months ago

The last 30 minutes of the Slam Tilt podcast says a lot about what actually happened here.

So, in one week, he: made a Facebook account impersonating a Pinside member, pushed his fiancé in public, disrupted a pinball tournament, pushed and threw a drink in someone's face, and then half-way apologized for it. He then was acting like he's treated unfairly and is the victim.

Not only should he be blacklisted from Pinside, Stern, and other forums, he should be blacklisted from the TWIPY vote next year.

#274 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That's a fairly bold statement. Were you there to witness?

New account, first post, conspiracy theories, totally legit

#276 10 months ago

To be honest, though, he's a dick and deserves that bias....

#277 10 months ago

Pinside decoder key:

him = me

You know Chris, it baffles me that you can't stop stepping on your own feet... but let's be honest about something, 99.99% of people don't go around getting banned from forums and blacklisted. Here's some free advice: be nice (as a baseline behavior) both in real life and online. It will help you get to where you want to go way more quickly and with a lot more friends.

#278 10 months ago

Wow. Just listened to Slam Tilt. If he did push his fiancé like they say they saw him do, that's a whole new low. What a POS.

1 week later
#279 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

New account, first post, conspiracy theories, totally legit

BuckRodgers we hardly knew you

1 month later
#280 9 months ago

I just listened to his first podcast after his ‘break’ and man.... I’m glad I got a break. I explored so many other podcasts and when they were done I was still in a good mood. After listening to his latest I quit half way thru. The constant negativity, and broken record. The final line was when he is attempting to threaten stern... lol... the lowest of low. At that point I turned it off and turned subscribe off.
I was hoping that he would come back and be a little better, but it seems worse. I finally get it and no longer support his podcast. Lol... threatening stern .... give me a break.

#281 9 months ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I just listened to his first podcast after his ‘break’ and man.... I’m glad I got a break.

Kardiasians of podcasts...just a complete train wreck and always has been.

2 weeks later
#282 8 months ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I just listened to his first podcast after his ‘break’ and man.... I’m glad I got a break. I explored so many other podcasts and when they were done I was still in a good mood. After listening to his latest I quit half way thru. The constant negativity, and broken record. The final line was when he is attempting to threaten stern... lol... the lowest of low. At that point I turned it off and turned subscribe off.
I was hoping that he would come back and be a little better, but it seems worse. I finally get it and no longer support his podcast. Lol... threatening stern .... give me a break.

The latest (deep root interview) is a good one. But, in general, I agree. It’s really become a broken record of verbal diarrhea laced with a cynical negative vibe.

It’s just pinball. Play it. Don’t constantly b**** about it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Sale Pending!
Blandon, PA
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 27.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside