Screen-Shot-2017-12-17-at-10.42.59-AM (resized).png
IMG_6824 (resized).jpg
TWIPY Master Logo 2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 9.18.30 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 7.44.54 PM (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg
TWIPY 17 Logo HR (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

This was more meant as a joke, because people are shit string and fighting about a thread and award show about pinball categorizes.....

Seems to be one shit pot stirrer in this thread who also interjects negativity into most other posts......

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

This was more meant as a joke, because people are shit string and fighting about a thread and award show about pinball categorizes.....

This was so obviously a joke, but it is really telling how much stupid negative shit is just accepted as normal around here. I thought it was funny.

#203 6 years ago

Only Verified Pinside Accounts can vote. End of controversy.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

How about a most helpful pinsider instead?

LTG would win every year.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I didn't take it as serious at all. Didn't someone start a thread about that exact subject maybe a year or so ago?

My comment was more that I thought a positive award for a pinsider might be cool thing to add. Sorry for any confusion on that.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Pretty sure someone on here would make 50k duplicate emails to vote for themselfs everytime

#207 6 years ago

After being COMPLETELY ignored, I am making all the videos "Private" and ceasing all video production. Todd

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

After being COMPLETELY ignored, I am making all the videos "Private" and ceasing all video production. Todd

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#209 6 years ago

Vote verification is a huge task, but for something like this, I don't expect TWIP to invest huge amounts of time nor money into the verification process. Nobody's career is going to be made or destroyed by the TWIPYs, so let's just enjoy them. This is supposed to be all in good fun and more an appreciation of the good things we got over the past year, not a source of conflict.

I'll be honest...we stopped doing the Pinball March Madness because voters did try to game the system. We tried to do something fun and interactive, and people couldn't just vote honestly. We started to take more and more measured steps to reduce voting fraud, and the time commitment became insane. I would spend several hours per voting round to verify votes, and the only reason I went to those lengths was to appease the one or two sour grapes who had to complain every time the game they wanted to win got bounced.

The TWIPY awards were great, and I think the results are valid enough for our purposes and reflective of the community buzz. Hopefully next year gets an even bigger response and we can have another fun event.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Todd, i see you with 20,000 subscribers on youtube. Isn't that your metric? Not sure why those numbers don't translate to votes for this thing but in the end that is the audience you create for, not this.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

92efc0b7b5a6157488fb40947af7450a (resized).jpg92efc0b7b5a6157488fb40947af7450a (resized).jpg

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I’m assuming some heavy sarcasm...if not, I’ll be a little upset.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

LTG would win every year

LTG is awesome indeed and would be an exceedingly worthy person to vote for, but both vid and HEP would give him stiff competition in that category.

Speaking of HEP, I’d like to see a caragory for favorite restorer added next year.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I prefer not to participate in things like this. I've been helping people on line for around 21 years. So I'm known to many.

But there are many here who day after day help others. Some first time helpers, some helping a lot. Some digging in deep and really helping. Thanks, praise, or awards, should go to everyone who has ever helped another. That is what makes pinball great. And why I'm glad to be part of it. That is my reward.

LTG : )

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I prefer not to participate in things like this. I've been helping people on line for around 21 years. So I'm known to many.
But there are many here who day after day help others. Some first time helpers, some helping a lot. Some digging in deep and really helping. Thanks, praise, or awards, should go to everyone who has ever helped another. That is what makes pinball great. And why I'm glad to be part of it. That is my reward.
LTG : )

Plus there isn't an award Big enough for the value and appreciation for LTG. He is one of the many I have met in this hobby over the years that help you appreciate why its fun! There are others on Pinside or even RGP back in the day that have me convinced this hobby is crazy at times. Lloyd and SS Billiards to me is the Lock for Lifetime Achievement Award Hands down! And a great person to boot!

#216 6 years ago

All we really need are some titties and beer to lighten things up. It never failed to turn some negative whining around in a hurry

And of course dudes like the Flanker to bring some levity to the situation

Ahhh the good old days.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m assuming some heavy sarcasm...if not, I’ll be a little upset.

One year at Expo I heard that Todd Tuckey was there. All of the autograph hounds were stalking designers, notable players and industry people for selfies and ink. None of that is my thing but I'm happy for those that enjoy it.

Now I was happy bumping into whomever at the show and all of the usual suspects were there. But it was Todd Tuckey that I had never met and I intentionally sought him out. And the only thing I wanted to do was introduce myself to him, thank him for his videos and shake his hand.
Eventually I found him sitting alone in the lobby and I asked to join him. He was gracious and invited me to sit with him. He was a very pleasant and modest man to me and I enjoyed our all to brief conversation.

If you have ever watched his videos, pay attention to his ease in front of the camera and more importantly, his self deprecating humor. The man is comfortable with himself, he knows how to roll with some ball busting and he is damn funny. His deadpan face to the camera always cracks me up.

Now I'm not going to pretend to really know the man, but I'd be shocked and disappointed if Todd's comment above isn't complete sarcasm. It's exactly what I'd expect from a pretty sly and funny man.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d say it’s just partly because many more people have played/own a DI versus some of the other pins
Most are missing out on a great BM66 now because of their initial impressions.
Lyman games will never fare well in annual polls because it takes so long to get em finished
How many people have played an Alien pin?

I thought bm66 was lame, but played it early on. I really wonder about the p3 game, who's actually played one? I have an Alien, so of course i think it's amazing. Totally agree that a few games got poor representation.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I would spend several hours per voting round to verify votes, and the only reason I went to those lengths was to appease the one or two sour grapes who had to complain every time the game they wanted to win got bounced.

Worth quoting.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I have an Alien, so of course i think it's amazing.

Very jealous! Put my order in October 2014

BM66 has come LONG ways and picking up steam with these latest code updates

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Ha. Well I voted for ya Todd. Looks like I missed a trick only registering one email account. Sorry about that

#223 6 years ago

I was blown away with the award show that SDTM put on.... it put pure joy and excitement into my evening. I have told a Few friends that next year it will be a planned evening of champagne, appies and Pinball after. Even my wife, how I have chased off the love of Pinball, enjoyed the shows and agreed to watch next year. WELL DONE TWIP AND SDTM!!!!

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I was blown away with the award show that SDTM put on.... it put pure joy and excitement into my evening. I have told a Few friends that next year it will be a planned evening of champagne, appies and Pinball after. Even my wife, how I have chased off the love of Pinball, enjoyed the shows and agreed to watch next year. WELL DONE TWIP AND SDTM!!!!

That’s high praise. Thanks toaster! We plan to make it even better next year, especially if we can get a little sponsorship

#225 6 years ago

I was just kidding everyone....thanks for all the private emails that I responded to...I have a thick skin (and a very fat body to go with it)! I still will continue making the videos as usual as they are also for the people getting the machines! We plan on the same format for now. Since we are now covering the same machines again and again, we will only feature longer videos on games not done yet! Maybe one day, I will get in the top three! Congrats to the top three also, of course! I did reply to SDTM comments already! Todd

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plus there isn't an award Big enough for the value and appreciation for LTG.

Kiss ass.....

#227 6 years ago

z00-tuck4 (resized).jpgz00-tuck4 (resized).jpg

#228 6 years ago

Love TNT vids!

#229 6 years ago

I'll sponsor Hooter girl presenters

TNT vids are awesome!

#230 6 years ago

Todd would have just tossed the trophy off the roof.

1 week later
#231 6 years ago

So I shipped the TWIPY Awards out this evening. There were six or seven different boxes, all had the address and the name of the awards (which needed to be typed in by FedEx). The conversation with the young woman working the FedEx went something like this:

Her: "These are all going to different places?"

Me: "Yep."

Her, looking at the first label: "Do you want me to put Spooky and "TNA" on the label or just Scott Danesi?"

Me: "Just Scott is fine."

...next box...

Her: "Pin Stadium Lights?"

Her: "What are you shipping? Just curious..."

Me: "It's nothing and it would sound crazy."

Her: "Well now I really want to know!"

Me: "Um, pinball awards."

Her: <staring>

Me: "Yeah."

(now we are both starting to laugh a bit and it just got worse)

Her: "I didn't know those were a thing, but that is cool."

Me, thinking she was mildly interested: "It actually was pretty cool, they're called the TWIPYs, and we had a live awards show and everything!"

Her: "Like with a bunch of high schoolers at an arcade?"

Me: "Um, no, it was an awards show online."

Her: "Really."

Me: "Yes...they're very prestigious."

...next box...

Me, checking the label: "Actually, it isn't Jack Dagger, it is Jack Danger."

Her, sarcastic: "Oh, sorry."

Me: "He's a pinball celebrity."

Her: "mmmhhmmmm."

...next box...

Her: "And this label says Stern, Aerosmith and Star Wars, are those names of the games?"

Me: "Yeah"

Her: "I played pinball once, I wasn't very good. Well I should say I wasn't very lucky, it was all luck. Who should I make this one out to?"

Me: "Zach Sharpe."

Her: "And he made these machines?"

Me: "No. He's...never mind. But he is the number one ranked pinball player in the world."

Her, dumbfounded: "I didn't know that was a thing. So he's ranked number one? Since pinball is almost all luck, he must be REALLY lucky!"

Me: (thinking of how ironic it is that she is saying someone in the Sharpe family is "just lucky" to be an elite pinball player)

...next box...

Her: "Favorite podcast? There are podcasts about pinball???"

Me: "Yes, a lot of them."

Her: (eyes wide in disbelief)

...next box...

Her: "And who is the big box going to?"

Me: "Jersey Jack Pinball."

Her: "These boxes all have pinball trophies?"

Me: "Yep. The TWIPYs."

Her, a little sarcastically: "Well we'll make sure they're VERY safe and everyone gets their prestigious awards."

Me: "Thank you. And play more pinball!"

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

"Yes...they're very prestigious."

Were you able to say this with a straight face?

#233 6 years ago

Must be Italian.......

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

So I shipped the TWIPY Awards out this evening. There were six or seven different boxes, all had the address and the name of the awards (which needed to be typed in by FedEx). The conversation with the young woman working the FedEx went something like this:
Her: "These are all going to different places?"
Her, looking at the first label: "Do you want me to put Spooky and "TNA" on the label or just Scott Danesi?"
Me: "Just Scott is fine."
...next box...
Her: "Pin Stadium Lights?"
Her: "What are you shipping? Just curious..."
Me: "It's nothing and it would sound crazy."
Her: "Well now I really want to know!"
Me: "Um, pinball awards."
Her: <staring>
Me: "Yeah."
(now we are both starting to laugh a bit and it just got worse)
Her: "I didn't know those were a thing, but that is cool."
Me, thinking she was mildly interested: "It actually was pretty cool, they're called the TWIPYs, and we had a live awards show and everything!"
Her: "Like with a bunch of high schoolers at an arcade?"
Me: "Um, no, it was an awards show online."
Her: "Really."
Me: "Yes...they're very prestigious."
...next box...
...next box...
Her: "And this label says Stern, Aerosmith and Star Wars, are those names of the games?"
Me: "Yeah"
Her: "I played pinball once, I wasn't very good. Well I should say I wasn't very lucky, it was all luck. Who should I make this one out to?"
Me: "Zach Sharpe."
Her: "And he made these machines?"
Me: "No. He's...never mind. But he is the number one ranked pinball player in the world."
Her, dumbfounded: "I didn't know that was a thing. So he's ranked number one? Since pinball is almost all luck, he must be REALLY lucky!"
Me: (thinking of how ironic it is that she is saying someone in the Sharpe family is "just lucky" to be an elite pinball player)
...next box...
Her: "Favorite podcast? There are podcasts about pinball???"
Me: "Yes, a lot of them."
Her: (eyes wide in disbelief)
...next box...
Her: "And who is the big box going to?"
Me: "Jersey Jack Pinball."
Her: "These boxes all have pinball trophies?"
Me: "Yep. The TWIPYs."
Her, a little sarcastically: "Well we'll make sure they're VERY safe and everyone gets their prestigious awards."
Me: "Thank you. And play more pinball!"

I assume she gave you her number without asking, right?

#235 6 years ago

#236 6 years ago

Lol ..... ohhh that’s awesome.... reminds me of daily life of a pinhead.... yes yes Pinball is still “a thing”

#237 6 years ago

It's a major award!

#238 6 years ago

So what's the average cost to ship the prestigious TWIPPY statuette within the US these days? Guessing $25. Don't know why anyone would find this amount interesting, but it seems important. Maybe as a future metric to be compared with pinflation. I probably just don't want to let the TWIPPY's go for ten months, it was fun.

What do you call a bunch of TWIPPY's?

#239 6 years ago

How did Todd Tucky get overlooked...?
He's the best, been doing this longer than most have been alive. His first videos are VHS.

#240 6 years ago

Ours arrived. Thanks so much.
--Ted

twipys (resized).jpgtwipys (resized).jpg

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

--Ted

Very fitting for the masterpiece it is.....

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

omfg, this is supposed to all be for fun, f'in pinside sucks the life out of everything. can't even have a fun little awards thing (show was cool by the way, well done) without people getting all serious and calling names and complaining. seriously. people need to grow the f up.
/rant off

Not pinside.....certain people on Pinside do this....

#243 6 years ago

--Ted

Congratulations on the best pin ever!!!

#244 6 years ago

Mine arrived as well!! I cannot thank you all enough. This is very unreal.

20180131_210241 (resized).jpg20180131_210241 (resized).jpg

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Mine arrived as well!! I cannot thank you all enough. This is very unreal.

Should’ve won more than that imo.

#246 6 years ago

--Ted

The new LE topper looks great, Ted. When will that start shipping?

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should’ve won more than that imo.

Thank you, I appreciate it, but this was actually more than I thought I would win. Look what I was up against. Pinball is crazy right now.
--Scott

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you, I appreciate it, but this was actually more than I thought I would win. Look what I was up against. Pinball is crazy right now.
--Scott

Well deserved sir. It was pretty cool to see TNA up there with the big dogs. Can’t imagine how amped you must’ve been. Keep up the great work. Can’t wait to buy a TNA.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

...next box...

Changing my name to Jack Dagger immediately!

#250 6 years ago

I did it, Mom! I did it.

BB9F8E77-DA7C-41A9-920D-9B3CEAD2C0EE (resized).jpegBB9F8E77-DA7C-41A9-920D-9B3CEAD2C0EE (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-twipy-pinball-awards-live-awards-show-vote-now/page/5?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.