Screen-Shot-2017-12-17-at-10.42.59-AM (resized).png
IMG_6824 (resized).jpg
TWIPY Master Logo 2 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 9.18.30 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 7.44.54 PM (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg
TWIPY 17 Logo HR (resized).png
IMG_6816 (resized).jpg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 6 years ago

Dialed In got most of my votes as I have played it dozens of times while I have not yet plunged on TNA. It was a fun show to watch and congrats to all the winners!

#152 6 years ago

Highly entertaining show. Congratulations to the winners.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I voted a bunch of times myself, just because...

So, things need to change to keep cheaters like you from messing with the vote totals?

Why even do that?

#154 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and the PMs. We had 1000+ voters so someone creating multiple google accounts shouldn't make a HUGE difference (we know these will never be a *perfect* science).

@whysnow, do you have any interest in being our independent verifier for next year's results?

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, things need to change to keep douche bags like you from messing with the vote totals?
Why even do that?

To make a point that the system is flawed.

Quoted from pin2d:

Thanks for the feedback and the PMs. We had 1000+ voters so someone creating multiple google accounts shouldn't make a HUGE difference (we know these will never be a *perfect* science).
whysnow, do you have any interest in being our independent verifier for next year's results?

Sure

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

To make a point that the system is flawed.

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Your parents should’ve taught you that.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Your parents should’ve taught you that.

Right on brother!

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wow so Alien did even worse

#159 6 years ago

We'd love to have some honest and reputable pinheads verify the results for next year that can be trusted to not share the results before the show.

#160 6 years ago

For future years we will make sure to have multiple second parties look over and verify the results.

Already can't wait for next year's TWIPYs!

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

We'd love to have some honest and reputable pinheads verify the results for next year that can be trusted to not share the results before the show.

Happy to help and verify for you. Won't share results.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

whysnow, do you have any interest in being our independent verifier for next year's results?

Sorry but I object. Hilton has a long history of bias and favoritism on Pinside. And he has now admitted to cheating.
I would suggest someone like Lloyd or any other pinsider with a reputable history.

Quoted from Whysnow:

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry but I object. Hilton has a long history of bias and favoritism on Pinside. And he has now admitted to cheating.
I would suggest someone like Lloyd any other pinsider with a reputable history.

Agreed. Was trying to throw out an olive branch but I am concerned as he's been by far the most critical of these awards since the beginning (plus I got several PMs with concerns).

As I mentioned above though, I do want people to know that we do plan to have many second parties included in verifying the results going forward to make sure people know these awards stay 100% fair/trustworthy/reliable/etc.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No shit. Might as well ask Putin and the Russians if they're up for verifying too.

#165 6 years ago

It won't be hard to keep the integrity of the vote, and no matter what you're going to have people complaining about everything. In the end, these votes can only have 1 winner, and by the nature of the vote the winner will have won with more people having voted for something else. So there will always be some complaining, and accusations of vote rigging or stuffing.

Just a reminder that this is for fun, everyone.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Agreed. Was trying to throw out an olive branch but I am concerned as he's been by far the most critical of these awards since the beginning (plus I got several PMs with concerns).
As I mentioned above though, I do want people to know that we do plan to have many second parties included in verifying the results going forward to make sure people know these awards stay 100% fair/trustworthy/reliable/etc.

You ask for feedback but don't want feeback??

You ask for me to independantly verify, but now are calling me untrustworthy?

I have proven to be trustworthy time and time again, and keep plenty of things confidentail when asked.
I also work with big data on a daily basis.

You should try the bryan kelly mantra a few times...bcause honestly you are kind of being one righ now...

Quoted from Mr68:

I would suggest someone like Lloyd any other pinsider with a reputable history.

I did not cheat... the current system allows for 1 vote per email account... those were literally the rules on the system this year.

#167 6 years ago

omfg, this is supposed to all be for fun, f'in pinside sucks the life out of everything. can't even have a fun little awards thing (show was cool by the way, well done) without people getting all serious and calling names and complaining. seriously. people need to grow the f up.

/rant off

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I did not cheat... the current system allows for 1 vote per email account... those were literally the rules on the system this year.

You violated the spirit of the contest and in my opinion, you manipulated the rules, resulting in cheating. Spin it however you like but I think most people will agree with me.

I have multiple email accounts and I only voted once. It never even occurred to me to do otherwise.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

omfg, this is supposed to all be for fun, f'in pinside sucks the life out of everything. can't even have a fun little awards thing (show was cool by the way, well done) without people getting all serious and calling names and complaining. seriously. people need to grow the f up.
/rant off

For real.

It's a pinball award show......

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You violated the spirit of the contest and in my opinion, you manipulated the rules, resulting in cheating. Spin it however you like but I think most people will agree with me.
I have more than one email account and I only voted once. It never even occurred to me to do otherwise.

Sure... i violated the 'spirit' of a popularity contest where those up for popularity votes used their social media to broadcast asking for votes, lol.

There were no stated rules about voting only once.

You sound like the kid that gets mad because someone nudges when playing pinball and claim it is not in the spirit of the game. That IS the game, just like this was all about just getting the most votes. It is all a joke anyway and part of the self promotion marketing of our society. This is a PINBALL made up awards show, lol.

They asked for feedback and i gave my honest feedback. Keep things transparent and limit votes to one per person.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You should try the bryan kelly mantra a few times...bcause honestly you are kind of being one righ now...

Don't get me involved in your conspiracy theories.

#172 6 years ago

It's just a fun show and great time! Who really gives a F who wins or loses? Take it for what it is.

These guys obviously put in a huge amount of time and its greatly appreciated.

Maybe we should get the accounting firm of Ernst & Young to tabulate the votes?

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You ask for feedback but don't want feeback??
You ask for me to independantly verify, but now are calling me untrustworthy?
I have proven to be trustworthy time and time again, and keep plenty of things confidentail when asked.
I also work with big data on a daily basis.

Come on man...I PMed you 4 weeks ago when you started all this to explain it was for the love of pinball and gave you my cell phone to call me to address whatever issues you had...feel free to call!

#174 6 years ago

pin2d I'd be happy to help verify results if you need it.

#176 6 years ago

Can you somehow use PinSide user names to verify the one-vote rule. Or at least give more weight to Pinside-verified (or twitch/youtube subscribers) ballots?

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

pin2d I'd be happy to help verify results if you need it.

Same here, happy to help. Let me know how.

#178 6 years ago

This was for fun and to recognize pinball manufactures and modders by the fans of pinball. Don’t get bent out of shape if you think your vote favorite should have won. Same for pinside top 100 - take it with a grain of salt, you may disagree with a few of those as I do.

Thanks to all that were part of making TWIPY possible, those that voted, and those who won.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sure... i violated the 'spirit' of a popularity contest where those up for popularity votes used their social media to broadcast asking for votes, lol.
You sound like the kid that gets mad because someone nudges when playing pinball and claim it is not in the spirit of the game. That IS the game, just like this was all about just getting the most votes. It is all a joke anyway and part of the self promotion marketing of our society. This is a PINBALL made up awards show, lol.
They asked for feedback and i gave my honest feedback. Keep things transparent and limit votes to one per person.

What was that comment Steve Ritchie made about pinside.....

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why are you such a nightmare on every thread??? Why

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Come on man...I PMed you 4 weeks ago when you started all this to explain it was for the love of pinball and gave you my cell phone to call me to address whatever issues you had...feel free to call!

I’ll never understand why understand why the entire hobby bends over backwards to appease this guy.

5E02F32A-B6FF-444A-AB34-1CA70FB359A8 (resized).jpeg5E02F32A-B6FF-444A-AB34-1CA70FB359A8 (resized).jpeg

#182 6 years ago

It was a great show and well thought out to Entertain us! Thank You for doing it but Please don't let a few stand out Pinsiders take this fun effort of entertainment and make it a political debate. What you did, how you did it is perfect. There will always be people to cheat or complain. Sadly there are always individuals that feel the need to drain the fun out of everything and every effort... Even something as simple as pinball.

#183 6 years ago

Honestly, Ive been on pinside 4 months and every time I see this guys name its nothing but a trainwreck. Talk about a negative Nancy. This was suppose to be fun man. Noone wants to hear your bullshit. People actually have "real" stuff to worry about in their everyday lives, not if Dialed In wins 4 or 5 Tripy awards. Not to mention these guys busted their asses trying to make something fun and enjoyable and people want to shit all over it. Comical.

#184 6 years ago

funny part is that I thought the show was entertaining and was just giving feedback that they asked for.

Any social polling is hard to do and ripe for abuse, but with them wanting to be THE annual awards show, they should take efforts to make improvements.

I dont have any problem with it until people start attacking or saying I am not trustworthy, which is clearly not the case. I am one of the most trustworthy and loyal people out there.
Just because i ruffle some feathers with my opinions does not make it OK to say some of the shit that others are, or make those sort of accusations.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why do you ALWAYS have to bring negativity to every thread on here??? Can’t you just zip it once in awhile at least?

#186 6 years ago

Tommy and I recorded an acceptance episode to release when we won for best Podcast....that is going to be awkward.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks for taking the time to do this, fun way to do a year in review. If you need help verifying stuff for next year I'd be happy to help as I am certainly never going to win anything.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

funny part is that I thought the show was entertaining and was just giving feedback that they asked for.
Any social polling is hard to do and ripe for abuse, but with them wanting to be THE annual awards show, they should take efforts to make improvements.
I dont have any problem with it until people start attacking or saying I am not trustworthy, which is clearly not the case. I am one of the most trustworthy and loyal people out there.
Just because i ruffle some feathers with my opinions does not make it OK to say some of the shit that others are, or make those sort of accusations.

I agree with you insomuch as these "awards" should be one person one vote, and the votes should come from primarily pinball people and not be an exercise in how many random social media followers you can convince to stuff the box in your favor. There are people out there who for obvious reasons would take advantage of open nature of the system as it may stand.

For all I know, this may already be taken into account and guarded against.

Hilton, you are prickly and forward and I often wonder what you're going on about, but I don't think you're untrustworthy. That's not fair....

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I agree with you insomuch as these "awards" should be one person one vote, and the votes should come from primarily pinball people and not be an exercise in how many random social media followers you can convince to stuff the box in your favor. There are people out there who for obvious reasons would take advantage of open nature of the system as it may stand.

You could require people voting to input their pinside username, or add in questions that practically every pinball enthusiast could easily answer. This would filter out most of the social media votes.

#189 6 years ago

Possibly Pinside itself could be used as a gatekeeper of sorts to a future vote. I'm not talking about opening polls, I like the secret votes and how it was handled this year, just talking about using some technology from Pinside, as an alternative to gmail.

Voting is open to Pinside members, and within that, non-validated Pinsiders might have their votes more carefully reviewed (ie: if a particular category has an abnormal amount of high votes for a particular selection, all from non-validated Pinsiders (ie: new users who signed up just to vote), then those votes could be reviewed/discarded.

This would take a bit of work from Team Pinside, but I suspect they'd be happy to be a part of this.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Trustworthy?

Didn't you attack Jared when he commented that Kevin Kulek didn't have the IP license?

Didn't you say people should stop talking about the licensing issues, because they were debunked?

Didn't you call the people investigating the license a "sick pinhead"?

Didn't you say Predator games were being built?

Didn't you say it was silly for someone to go out of their way to contact Fox?

Websters defines trustworthy as: worthy of confidence

Websters defines confidence as: faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Possibly Pinside itself could be used as a gatekeeper of sorts to a future vote. I'm not talking about opening polls, I like the secret votes and how it was handled this year, just talking about using some technology from Pinside, as an alternative to gmail.
Voting is open to Pinside members, and within that, non-validated Pinsiders might have their votes more carefully reviewed (ie: if a particular category has an abnormal amount of high votes for a particular selection, all from non-validated Pinsiders (ie: new users who signed up just to vote), then those votes could be reviewed/discarded.
This would take a bit of work from Team Pinside, but I suspect they'd be happy to be a part of this.

I would think Robin could easily set up an Oauth 2.0 stream that lets outside apps authenticate against pinside, but it would limit the voting base a little.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

it would limit the voting base a little.

There would be some blowback from pinside haters, but it's showing yesterday "4,313 of 45,612 Pinsiders logging on", which is multiple times the reported participation of the current vote.

I'm going to suggest there will be no "perfect" solution, but perhaps some are better than others.

#193 6 years ago

The show was very well done, the voting was fine, the winners were fine. Several would have not been my choices but this isn't jgentry's award show. People are taking this stuff way too serious.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

People are taking this stuff way too serious.

Agreed! Back to flipping

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Im sure people would have alot more to say if they knew they wouldn’t get moderated.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im sure people would have alot more to say if they knew they wouldn’t get moderated.

dont hold back tough guy

#197 6 years ago

Im not trying to be tough, but theres no reason to be such a negative Nancy about everything. This is a fun thread and i dont think anyone takes it that serious. I definitely didnt agree with all of the results but its just not a big deal. Zach and Greg are awesome guys and they make pinball fun with their shows. You are probably a decent guy and you like pinball so thats good enough for me, you just need to try to enjoy the hobby more i think and drop some of the negativity once in awhile. Drink more beer, play more pinball and relax!

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Next year can you have a write catagory for most hated pinsider? I would love to see the entries for that catagory!

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Next year can you have a write catagory for most hated pinsider? I would love to see the entries for that catagory!

There's enough piling on at pinside already. No reason to make a positive award show anything negative. How about a most helpful pinsider instead?

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There's enough piling on at pinside already. No reason to make a positive award show anything negative. How about a most helpful pinsider instead?

This was more meant as a joke, because people are shit string and fighting about a thread and award show about pinball categorizes.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
9,799 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-twipy-pinball-awards-live-awards-show-vote-now/page/4?hl=pinslot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.