(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#927 3 years ago

Is the pin2dmd colorization complete? Im curious as i couldnt find the release trailer on vpuniverse.

Quoted from Bravebluerx:

For the price its great, and one seller of the pin2dmd here,bsanders, gives you everything you need with the mounting pieces. The colorization file is done by the community is pretty good, no complaints.
Takes a little reading up to understand what all the 12v and 5v power input connections are for on pin2dmd, (not using your original display power), and jumping off another backboard power option. The evo board mounted to the back of the pin2dmd has a 12v input which will convert it to the 5v needed for the led display.

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Anyone know if Chad did code on this or plans to? He's done great work on many other de games if this era. R and b has a solid ruleset that with minor tweaks could be much improved...

I havent heard anything and really, all he needs to do is remove the wrong hat call out...

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

It may be missing a colored few scenes per the authors statement on the vp link i posted in post #923 I havent seen any so far other than superpops with the rats being greyscale unless that was the intent.
You can watch the video on my post #920.

Just saw the video!! Thanks for that!! Im on the fence with getting a pin2dmd, kinda want it for my lw3 as the colorization is 100%, but this looks good too. Damn i hope they finish it up.

Where did u get that tv from? Thats great!!

#933 3 years ago

Anyone in canada have a spare set of waybac ramp entrance protectors?

Or anyone made their own?

#936 3 years ago

Question guys how much does a clean rnb go for in ur areas? Ideally im looking at canada price checks..
I never see fully shopped ones for sale.

#949 3 years ago

Just got the first step of my new rnb, rab, r&b working properly.

Boardset is so super clean except for the gi cn8 off the power board. Just so happens i had a gutted crusin usa cab and got the header connector repinned and she is on! One ramp was not lined up properly and got that sorted as well. Started a game and she runs!

Now to replace a drop target, a lot of gi bulbs, led all inserts, gi, and replace the launcher housing!

And going to take a stab at cliffys and diy a set...

20201211_011730 (resized).jpg20201211_011730 (resized).jpg20201211_011950 (resized).jpg20201211_011950 (resized).jpg
#954 3 years ago

This guy has the message. When ur coloring pages, for pinball, its not about the hours - i think its something that just gets easier and more effecient the more screens are completed. Its really like restoring an older game and getting it going, hard to do it for money.

Look at Melanko that did lw3? The backstory was pretty good and he is really good spirted about how it ended up, more importantly he continued working on it 2yrs later. And he continues to be a mentor in the art community that does this for donations after being outcast by colordmds founder.

Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Re: the ‘local min wage’ part.
I’ve been lucky enough to color several titles for ColorDMD. Coloring isn’t something you should do for the money - I don’t track the hours because it’s literally ‘months of hours’ to complete a title. No exaggeration. For me, I enjoy the challenge of finding every DMD screen and figuring out ways to color the random/interactive ones.
I’m obviously biased - but I think if you compare screens/videos of ColorDMD to anything else - it’s worth the extra money to have a title that is complete and colored consistently/accurately. Again - my opinion.

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

It sounds like I am the one causing the stir and was not the intent. I wanted to find out the difference between the two. If I could save a couple hundred, sure I’m in for that. My only concern with pin2dmd is will it look right. I was also hoping someone that had the color dmd would post a good video like we have of the pin2dmd. The only video out there is just a teaser and doesn’t show what things look like in game play.
Was hoping to have an open discussion on it but I guess I came off wrong. My apologies to all that I offended.

There is technically no difference in what the two do, its mainly in how they do what they do.

Colordmd built in a licensing model that requires you to purchase a license to use the hardware and i think its tied to a specific title per dmd. I am not exactly clear on the finer details but basically, the model is designed to ensure that you cannot just use the screen on its own... or if u can, its neutered.

The model is a quality feature for the dmd in that the product is plug and play and all the fonts, animations, that are displayed have all been colorized, or frames in the animation sequences and scoring have been captured and re-painted so the colordmd can display it when its called in gameplay or attract-mode.

pin2dmd is effectively the same thing.

The difference is in the colorizing or painting of pixels is done by a team of artists that are kept on retainer and paid accordingly from colordmd. This helps get the games completed to 100% and also ensures progress doesn't get lost along the way. I am sure there are other things im missing but generally, there is a high level of quality that when you are going colordmd in that every pixel has been gone over and its 100% at release, and the release schedule is announced etc.

Pin2dmd is a community driven project where the painting is done by community artists that are donating their time and talent to paint in the exact same things colordmd is doing. The difference is in, without any payment going to the artists directly, pin2dmd has no timeline when a title is started, completed etc. Further, the quality of what is considered, "complete" is entirely subjective and up to the artist. The hardware also has a small usage agreement software key that is like $10. The boards are open source right down to the pcb spec and can be prototyped and produced by anyone.

You can have a pin2dmd that looks exactly like colordmd, or one that may even look better than colordmd, or one that is incomplete or WIP for 12 months.

Or, you can even take the liberty of painting the pixels yourself with pin2dmd if you are not satisfied with what's out there!

#959 3 years ago

Just squaring up my new to me rnb winter refresh project.

Was having an issue with the left flipper never making it up the right ramp.. it would hit it but it was never making it up. Polished up the pf and ramps not much diff... refreshed the coils and cleaned up all the plungers and linkages, still not really great.

Right flipper was ok and could make the right ramp and was very similar to the left flipper, no slop no play, sleeves were good.

Looked at all the fuses, flipper board fuse clips were on their way out so i replaced those, nice and tight

Cleaned down and adjusted the cab switches as well

Flipper board leds are ok, seems to test ok.
Still no dice.. weak left flipper.

Decided to swap the left and right coils to see if its my flipper board thats acting up and where does the problem manifest.

And thats what seemed to fix the problem! For some reason after swapping coils left to right, both my coils are full power and hitting the right ramp works great now!@

Not sure if anyone has had weird flipper issues, but this worked and im gonna run with it.. i read just about every data east coil, weak flipper thread published to pinside so i figure contribute a fix post. Thumbs-up

Oh and no the power just didnt go to the left flipper, both are now much stronger than before... i have no idea what happened as the original install didnt have any issues, solder joints was good etc.

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Did you have different power flipper coils in the game?

No, same factory flippers coils. This game couldnt make the ramps, at all. flipper bats were cracked, and jackpot diverter was misadjusted so that vuk is brand new. Right ramp is in NOS condition down to the entrance thats still perfect. Even the Nell motor is factory and still works fine. Original belt is still there but stretched.

Every coil in the game has the period correct Bear Claw paper wrapper and the coils have the banded wrappers.

Now both flippers are great. Factory ones at that and i have the rear legs jacked to the max and the fronts are slammed.

Its a weird one that i think just spent most of its time as a glorified night light in the corner of a location and didnt move... or get played.

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Solder joints could have looked physically good, but could have needed a reflow which you may have inadvertently done with swapping them. With reflowing its best practice to remove all the old solder and reflow new. This also allows you to inspect the wiring going to the coils and cutting and stripping back new wiring if needed.
Nice job on fixing it and sharing.

Ok cool. I did not know that. I reflowed the header pins on both ends of the flipper board, but it was just heating up the pads with the tip of my iron and then adding fresh solder.

I did cut and strip a fresh end to attach to those coils, maybe that was it.

After playing tonight and making sure things were good after a few games, i went to the adjustments and turned down the coil strength to LOW and played a few more games after that to make sure i can still hit that ramp.

#964 3 years ago

Fixed up the nell log. Looks like the factory issue motor needs a touch of preload for the gears to operate in the correct rotation, else i was having trouble with it moving backwards. The game i have was not played much so the gear wheel and track look new. My gear wheel backed out from the axle teeth a mm, so i pressed it back in, tightend the allen head screw between the gear wheel and the pulley, then filled the gap in with JB weld. Works perfectly now, the motor gets the log to the end of the track where it zips back to the start and then continues up to the buzz saw until the timer runs out.

My timer starts at 13 but pretty sure its an adjustment setting. Just nice to see the nell log get to the end consistently, and zip back to the starting point, which makes me believe there is some kind of clutch inside the motor, why the motor has brass gears and why the motor needs a bit of spring preload to kick it off in the right direction.

#966 3 years ago

Notice much missing fro tje pin2dmd colorization?

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Didn’t know Nell was supposed to zip back to the start. I may need to tear mine apart and take a look.

What does yours do?

This assembly on mine is really factory and seldomly used. First, the flippers were out of wack, and one drop target was broken somehow, so this feature was never triggered. The gear wheel backs out from the splined section of the axle due to the way it wants to lay lateral expansion when the radial spring is wound.

#970 3 years ago

Here is what mine does. It does back up but i think its acceptable for an old game and i dont fully understand the operation as i never saw what its supposed to do when new.

It resets and starts everytime which i think is probably close or how it was to work.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

The way I understand it. The original didn't always start at the bottom and go forward. Sometimes it wend backward.

That would be very unusual unless it wasnt assembled correctly or it skipped teeth somehow as there is a barrel spring used to set a fixed position at one end of the assembly. I do see it go backwards sometimes but it will always reset to its starting position at the bottom.

The issue i had with my motor was that it wouldnt start consistently as sometimes it would not move or move backwards from the starting position at the end of the track.

I want to say there is a very simple clutch from how one gear has an rounded arcorn fitting into the gear beside it, but i cant confirm. Through testing i just noticed that nell would only consistently kick off going toward the saw if there was a very slight amount of preload in the spring, making the motor turn against it. If there ws no preload, the motor would start in a random direction based on how much preload there was from it being sent to its starting position from the barrell spring.

I am super curious about how or why its designed this way but it appears to be really durable, so i would think the issue many people have with it is in how its setup.

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Mine supposedly game with a brand new rebuilt Nell section and I've never gotten mine to work. I've had "Scott's Arcade's" new motor on my list of impending upgrades needed on my R&B. Mine acts like it wants to go back but never actually does go back all the way and just kind of picks up where it left off from the last round.

U should be able to lower the motor section from the nell log track and wind the motor so there is some spring preload (where the barrel spring goes thru the gear, looks about to be around the 10-11oclock position.) And then when u connect the motor back to the nell log, it would lock the motor in gear creating a starting preload for the motor.

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I could be mistaken, but here is a fix that someone created to fix that same problem.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/15#post-5230632

This looked expensive, and reworks the mech entirely with a diff electronic control

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

I can tell you that mine worked pretty good, but I decided to upgrade to this mod and it works flawlessly every time

What did urs do improperly to make u upgrade? Got me curious now!

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Ok so I think I figured how to get it apart but if anyone else knows how many wraps their spring is, would be greatly appreciated

Wait, the spring is pre coiled. When u extend either ends into one holr on the frame and other hole in the gear, is when more coils are wound when the spring gets loaded

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

When watching it when activated, it seems the spring isn’t getting tight enough to kick it back

Wind the spring/gear wheel assembly a couple of turns before dropping the nell rack onto the gear wheel

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

This is what mine does also. I didn't know any different. I hate tearing that assembly apart. It's a PITA getting it back together.

Separating the rack from the gear wheel is simple! Once the two are apart, just wind the gear wheel manually and lock it with the nell log rack in the starting position at the lowest along the slot.

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I used 'bright blue' acrylic from Michaels as seen in the pic. It's darn close. In my pic, the corners were busted ofd of my backbox. Bondo, sanded and this paint...it's hard to tell.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Happy holidays ladies.

Ah yah, funny enough i have also been restoring mine and found this paint in my kids stuff and yup, it really matches well, good to see it was discovered a while back! Lol

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

May have figured out why Nell isn’t springing back. It’s for sure is the spring not getting tight enough but when I tightened it up a little bit it would work then not work. So thinking it’s the gear being stripped on the inside and not gripping on the knurling of the shaft. So have some jb weld on it and see what will happen this afternoon.
Was also curious what roms you guys are running. I have 1.3 but see there are 3.2 roms. Anyone running that software?

I also have 1.3
I also had the work and no work,

Make sure the allen key scrrw is tight on the drive shaft and the gear wheel pushed up closest to the motor side, and make sure the gear wheel isnt slipping.

Then its only up to the gears internal to the motor to keep it going.

The only thing i dont understand is why does the motor change direction and why is it designed that way

#995 3 years ago

Congrats, good work on the fix!! I found the jb weld is great for pins lol.

In other news i got a housing for the launcher from a buddy of mine. And my cab exterior is now complete and i restored the areas that were chewed by the idiot lockdown bar x2 install...

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

You had 2 lockdown bars?

Oh whoops, coin door lock bars...
20201223_181212 (resized).jpg20201223_181212 (resized).jpg20201227_003044 (resized).jpg20201227_003044 (resized).jpg20201227_003354 (resized).jpg20201227_003354 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20201227-075651_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201227-075651_Gallery (resized).jpg
#999 3 years ago

Regarding save nell timing, yes there is no variable rpm, and yes there should be fixed starting point as the nell log can travel multiple passes when engaged. This is due to the nell timer being variable from the game settings.

"is independent of Adjustment 51: “Any Drop Saves Nell”. If that adjustment is set to Yes, then dropping any target will save Nell. If set to NO, then you must drop all five targets. Even when set to NO, you still must drop all 5 targets before the timer starts to get the Fast Save Nell bonus (Light Extra Ball or +25M).

Did you know:

Game Difficulty has no effect on "Fast Save Nell"; however, it does effect the timer for the standard Save Nell.
Moderate Difficulty gives you 15 seconds to Save Nell. Subtract 5 seconds for each harder level and add 5 seconds for each easier difficulty level.
When “Any Drop Saves Nell” is set to NO, you get an extra 10 seconds on the timer.
e.g., 25 seconds with Moderate Game Difficulty set."

Source: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fractured-pinball-rules-rocky-and-bullwinkle-re-re-re-visited#post-1037831

#1001 3 years ago

Man, this game in multiball is magical. Trying to get up to the jackpot scoop and hitting the ramp is great but the add a ball when in 2ball mode should be in more game of this era!!! Ugh!

2 weeks later
#1009 3 years ago

Reseat the dmd power connector and ribbon cables

#1014 3 years ago

The knocker may not work if its not there. Check inside the cab. It may be removed.

The volume, just turn the long metal shaft inside the coin door, on the right.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Well I showed my buddy who has done coloring for pin2dmd and these were his thoughts. It’s missing a lot of color. Only has a 4 color max palate which could be due to ram size.
If anyone has good knowledge about coloring pin2dmd, I would love to hear some things about it. Can the coloring be improved?

Did your friend make any progress?

1 week later
#1023 3 years ago

Working at it

Mechanically perfect:
No weird bricks from the auto laucher.
Relay for the flap is closed so it doesnt shoot all the way thru (think afm)
All the mechs for the backbox work perfect and drop perfect every time (hat trick selections)
Hat trick trigger gate is perfectly dialed in with the diverter flap
2nd Diverter on ramp is adjusted not to nick the ramp plastic.
Nell motor is rebuilt and works perfectly on every engagement. (Used to not correctly when it worked)
And front cab coindoor bar holes filled in, repainted, launcher button and housing replaced!

All in all a solid project and plays great.

20210124_202837 (resized).jpg20210124_202837 (resized).jpg
#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Looking good!

Still a wip, need to add some further gi lighting behind the saw house and in the drain as its so dark

#1028 3 years ago

Leds being leds.

Also, added a socket and lamp under Cleo as its cut out to accept, But there is no socket wired or installed in the darkest area of the pf!

20210126_202501 (resized).jpg20210126_202501 (resized).jpg20210126_214720 (resized).jpg20210126_214720 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210126-225305_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210126-225305_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210126-225328_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210126-225328_Video Player (resized).jpg
#1029 3 years ago

Gameplay by future Pro League jr.

#1031 3 years ago

seriously good cleaning job there!!

ok flashers and switch all go to the back corner, switch gets connected to the ramps.

for plastics, the yellow goes in first, then green over it. that is looking mint otherwise!!

I just got mine all lit too. swapped out the lower vuk and pop wafer tonight.. plays so sweet.

in the same game, hit double jp 2x, and then on 2 different triball opportunities, i missed the bullwinkles treasure super jackpot 2x.. ugh!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1034 3 years ago

like any pin, when its dialed in right and everything is working properly its fast and a blast.

mine came with a misadjusted lower diverter, both lower flippers out of adjustment, right ramp was practically new because it saw so little traffic.

as much as i wish it had better rules, or more depth, it seems most de games seem to cough up MB on the 3rd ball, and all you have to do is make the shot to trigger it. getting jp seems to be a while different story, and then add in double jackpot and super jackpot and now its really cooking. i like the fact that you can add a ball when down to bi-ball mode, and the timed triball restart is also satisfying to hit the ramp when its counting down. The music with the countdown timer is well suited. going ramp to ramp over and over again gives millions and also combo rewards with a spot on the pie. Maybe for rules, if they made an option for no mystery mode, no score double and to give a bit more time for the spin and win, it would be good. SPin n win should get more use i say...

its a fun pin for sure, but it got slaughtered in 93 since so many good games came out that year...

#1036 3 years ago

im at home and play my machine at least a few times a day when i step away from the desk, tomorrow i should be putting in mirror vinyl for the sides. I'll have the glass off and can help take pics.

#1037 3 years ago

Done for now

20210202_210535 (resized).jpg20210202_210535 (resized).jpg20210202_210721 (resized).jpg20210202_210721 (resized).jpg20210202_210728 (resized).jpg20210202_210728 (resized).jpg20210202_210838 (resized).jpg20210202_210838 (resized).jpg
#1039 3 years ago

I pulled a t10 bulb holder from an old coin door, and put a super bright non ghosting no flicker from comet in there. Then i hot glued it to the underside of the apron.

I couldnt find a strip i liked and i didnt have any that didnt ghost...

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Just tied into the gi?

Yah, i just ran it thru the apron, under the pf and tied it into the gi under the left sling.

I also added strip leds to the saw house, around the pie and added a spotlamp over the left sling and added a gi lamp under the cleopatra plastic..! Its been fun and the pin deserves it!!
20210203_182531 (resized).jpg20210203_182531 (resized).jpg

20210203_200830 (resized).jpg20210203_200830 (resized).jpg
#1043 3 years ago

Chance! You still got this machine?

I was thinking of running the leds off the 12 flasher when the nell log is running... or when snidely wants to hit it.. like during the million drops mode...

Maybe its possible to run it off the motor... good idea too... i know the motor is just driven off timed pulses like just another coil... to a relay board to the motor.. so think of this as a knocker with 12 knocks behind it....

Maybe i will revist the flasher idea as i have a few purple 12v that could flash under the saw house... hmmm

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

It was actually my game up until yesterday around 5 PM. A number of years back I told Chance he could buy it from me someday for a bro price, and he showed up with a surprise stack of cash and got'er done. Moving the game out Saturday, but I sent him home with the Freeplay40 repro left ramp and the manual so he didnt feel like he was going home empty handed. I'm a little sad to see it go, but at least its not going far. Excited to see how he ends up modding it with powder coat, and lighting, etc.

Ah yes.. for some reason i had Chance confused with your Canadian arcade channel.. its been a while.

Dang, bro price eh? Ive seen some insane pin prices esp during these lockdown times.. R&b is really fun, as long as you are pk with the call outs, art and knowing its DATA EAST. I remember watching reruns of the cartoon growing up... it would be mixed in with the original Spiderman and Hercules .

Josh, funny i just re watched your video showcasing this game, yesterday, as i was doing some research on the title if i had been missing any playing strategies. Ill hope to put up a gameplay video as well that can show some decent scoring!!
Nice to see its going to a good home.

For those who are new to the title.

Its finally the weekend again, ill look into powering a light strip.. ideally i would have liked a spotlight at the nell log as it moves, so as Chance says, it kicks on to reveal the moving log, but i cant see anywhere that would work cleanly to mount one - a flashing saw house could be the next best thing but ill have to see if there are othet options.

The relay board takes 28v in, and outputs 17v for the motor i read somewhere else.. which is not bad as most 12v leds should handle this without much issue...

Chance, if ur gonna powercoat the cab hardware, can i suggest u also remove the ramp entrance gates that are over each ramp and do those too. Not the wire gate that flaps open, the part over the ramps that hold the flashing light.

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Our Channel. haha Josh and I are both the owners and cohosts.
Even if we make it a different circuit and have a rolley microswitch trigger a segment of LED strip from a constant 12v source the would work. Just mount the switch in front of the gear that drives her forward so it triggers when she starts moving and turns off when she goes back.
As for the powder coat, im going to stay away from any kind of flake or sparkle as it doesn’t fit the cartoon theme.

Ah so it is both of you. Ok now its clear lol.

Im going to tie somethng into the existing flasher circuit as its... low effort for me!

Sidebar: any of you guys dabble in bootloader hacking? Trying to open up dmdmk66 to PIN2dmd firmware....

#1057 3 years ago

Get pi

Quoted from Bax1:

is this a new file? I am still debating on getting one

PIN2DMD firmware.. whoops..

Go pin2dmd. Ive had the pcbs in my checkout for a while but i dont want to commit to min5 pcs. The new 64 color firmware is in early stages, but it looks lkke its going to take dmd painting to the next level.

Support lucky1. He has been so great to this community

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

right on. I saw they have done a firmware update so might be worth getting now. now that they will have a larger color palate it could look really good.

Yah, depends if the artist will revisit old works... id really want the cartoon cut animations to have a nice blue sky in them, and the score font to be like the font used in the diagnostic and adjustments screens... but i think its a lot of work...

But at least it is possible... unlike pinballsp dmdmk66 which is all but abandoned or colordmd which is only 16 color pallette

Can dream!

#1060 3 years ago

For the guys that want to take the nell log to a new level...

#1062 3 years ago

I just had a similar issue.

RESEAt the ribbon dmd cable to the sound card and the molex connector below the sound roms on the sound card.

This fixed it for me. I had random sound and call oits at random times and this is a known issue.

#1063 3 years ago

Prelim game play after all the relighting and dialing in the pf.

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I’ve got attract mode on and only sounds I get are when the stereo part comes on or when the Jurassic park ad comes on. Wish it did more

And it only plays 1x... each... then silence

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Are there any issues replacing the #89 flashers with LEDs like in some of the older WMS games? Im told there’s some sort of mod I’d have to do to allow me to replace those bulbs. I can’t seem to find anything on the topic.

Positive and neg polarity is reversed on 3/4 of the flaser bulbs. Orange to the center. They can be reversed, no issues.

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from fornacigiorgi:

Thank you Trueno92, already did that, I will try more than just 1 time.
My question is: what is the normal behaviour in attract mode? Is there music / sound fx along with the light show?
Could you please post a video of the machine during that idle time? I can't found it on YouTube, seems everyone sets the machine on quiet mode.
Thank you,
Marco from Italy

Press on the sound roms. But mainly the ribbon cable is the culprit.

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from fornacigiorgi:

So it is the same of my machine.
Never mind, just wondering if Attract Mode could do more then these 2 sounds alone.

Its a data east thing as far as i know. My williams games will play an attract mode noise every few minutes.. system 11 and up and im sure earlier games as well.

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I missed you posting this video. so you gotta tell us what you did here. can't show me the candy and not give me a piece!

its mainly a lot of added lighting... crap play as my left knuckles are swole from maybe too much drinking..

nell log is changed up as the spring reload is prob gonna break it soon... so its going to be just starting and stops anywhere but will resume and just move along the track up or down. at least it lit now.

#1075 3 years ago

Finally captured a few seconds of the nell log with my leds, in action!!

1 week later
#1078 3 years ago

Well done!!! Im stoked to see the progress! Makes for an awesome covid project.

You guys notice anything that could go out of adjustment on the active ball flap thing at the top lanes? The flapper that opens for loop orbits? I find sometimes i get the ball rebound off of it and come back down the right orbit and im thibking the flapper needs to be angled a bit to reduce this.

#1082 3 years ago

chk online. i saw a video or pic of an rnb with inner blades and they have an image of rocky on one side and bully on the other and look a bit better than the simple run on background of the ones posted. They both look great as the backboard is all this same art anyway.

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

To be fair I also hate side art blades and favor mirror blades every single time. I have yet to see a single pin that has art blades where I look at it and say "well THAT is neat!"

I think the blades in newer games looks pretty boss... where the art is really nice, deadpool is good and the avengers iq and i think GNR look dope af.

I am also a fan of the more expansive display with the reflective surfaces.

not for everyone, but i think it fits the colorfulness of this title.

#1093 3 years ago

Me wrecking shop on my R&B.
I did an amazing job of fumbling the wabac and missing the super jackpot.

Otherwise good game!

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thanks for showing . I know not to use black.

Hahahah yah im more a fan of white or blue.

So messed but fun -just found that super select double score award was only to happen UP TO 100 MILLION, but i just had it award on 209 mill, and rocked 418 mill plus!!! Hahah

1 week later
#1102 3 years ago

There is no light for ball save on r&b.

The ball save is just 4 switch activations.

If the ball hits less than 4 switches before the drain, u get the stay tuned, theres more save.

Unfortunately its the same from balls 1-3.. unlike williams that will give a bit more time on the 3rd ball.

Really wish a rom would come out for that that incorporates ball save and allows for ordered modes.. or a score threshold to be met before the mode is completed.

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

#2 I had this problem on my first R&B.Ball shot out of ASOP hole flew into kick back out lane all to regular.

Damn i would love to see this happen!! Make sure the metal flap over the aesop hole is still bent to direct the ball.

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

Yes, the <100M limit is for Mystery Select. For Super Mystery Select it can double scores below 300M. This is covered in a little more detail in Episode 4 of my (really old) rules thread where I explore some of the more subtle aspects of the rules:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fractured-pinball-rules-rocky-and-bullwinkle-re-re-re-visited#post-1037810

Amazing.

Im so impressed how you tied the nonsensical story dialog into your rules explaination. Thet should sticky all your rule breakdowns for the games.

Any neat tricks or easter eggs you may had run across? Its still a super slick and fun game...!!

#1121 3 years ago

any old style dmd will work from any machine.

for 5v led stern sam dmd you just need to pull the high voltage fuses but also bend out a prong on the 5v dmd

#1127 3 years ago

Nice work.

Mine is gone... traded away for an all LED NASCAR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-advice-rocky-bullwinkle-for-nascar#post-6196746

Definitely gone to someone that will appreciate it.

And nascar works 100%, just needs a light cleaning.

2 months later
#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Nice work.
Mine is gone... traded away for an all LED NASCAR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-advice-rocky-bullwinkle-for-nascar#post-6196746

Definitely gone to someone that will appreciate it.

Quoted from radial_head:

Mine also came with legs that height, but I put it on 28.5" when I brought it home.

Some data east have 30.5" for the rears. Tales from the Crypt, Tommy and Last Action Hero had some weird trouble with being tall enough for anythibg more than 5 degree playfield angles. Its not well documented, but i have read it on pinside. Some owners even put 2"x4" under the rear legs just to get to 7 degrees.

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

He was coloring Metallica. He did complete it but said took him 3 months. He said he wouldn’t color this for me

Pin2dmd has a colorization for this btw!

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Dang. I should’ve bought this awhile ago. I might need to get this now that my gear is slipping again

Once u get LAH up and running, the nell log won't bother you as much...

1 month later
#1164 2 years ago

This is an awesome game.

Play with the glass off and test the hat trick and the diverter to get into thwt vuk as well. Flippers should be inspected but you are on the right track with coil stops. One could be loose or mal adjusted.

The vuks in this game are older style and rely on a floating platform that is secured to the vuk coils shaft with a pin that is allowed to slide lengthwise relative to the shaft.

The ball drops onto the platform, pushing down a switch arm. That will trigger the switch to score and fire the vuk.

Check the hatrick vuk and the one on the left lower of the pf... these like to fail and can be brittle now if never changed. They can also be hacked up to not move freely and dont work consistently as a result.

1 year later
#1274 1 year ago

Our buddy cary hardy is up in restoring on of these.

1 week later
#1284 1 year ago

Id check if the motor is working. It probably is, but the belt is toast.

1 year later
#1452 73 days ago

Check the sound board amp circut. Sometimes its just really quiet and you can get power to the amp.

3 weeks later
#1473 51 days ago

Lighting the nell box is a nice upgrade. I did it to mine.

Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.