(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,512 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2359 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steve_in_escalon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 7 years ago

The attached picture is the factory set-up.

Bullwinkle_001_(resized).JPGBullwinkle_001_(resized).JPG

#150 7 years ago

There isn't a wand. The arm plastic is extended to go behind the wireform which keeps it away from the backglass.

#152 7 years ago

That was an old pic and I can't get to the backbox the way my pins are placed. I can tell you it's just wide enough that the washers fit over the three backbox plastics.

#153 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rb-backbox-arm-bushing-nos?tu=arcadedl

Check this link for a possible source for the arm bushing.

Data East part number 530-5226-00

Marco shows it out of stock.

2 years later
#655 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone know where that foam piece I posted came from?

Hard to judge the size of the foam without anything to compare it to.

My guess is that it's used for support behind the 'Spin & Win' disc.

The way my pin is set, I can't see the back of the disc to verify that.

Steve (in Las Vegas)

5 months later
#685 4 years ago

There are plenty of us who read this thread...

I don't believe there are any 906's in R&B. While you are working in the backbox, take the Lion coil off 50v and attach the wire to either one of the other coils. It's covered somewhere in this thread. Also check that the weatherstripping is in decent shape so the new plastics don't break when they slam up/down.

The WABAC ramp has been reproduced twice. First time by Pinball Inc (now Starship Fantasy), and more recently by Freeplay40 on Pinside. I don't know about current availability.

R&B was the pin that got us in the hobby and it will most likely be the last to go. Great implementation of an outstanding theme.

I still need to get the Colordmd for this pin.

Steve (in Las Vegas)

#688 4 years ago

Novus 2 is your friend for cleaning. Water can work it's way into the wood, which is a bad thing...

1 month later
#735 4 years ago

I received my Nell upgrade kit and was pleasantly surprised on the quality of the kit and attention to detail provided. Don't hesitate ordering this top-notch kit.

8 months later
#836 3 years ago

Just installed ColorDMD and am thrilled with the results. R&B was our first pin and will be the last to go. Nearly 20 years of ownership and it makes me smile every time it’s powered on! ColorDMD is the best mod EVER!

1 week later
#845 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

anyone know how to adjust bullwinkles arm in the backbox? all of the inserts keep getting stuck behind the arm and then stay up. any thoughts on that?

No adjustment that I'm aware of. Do you have the correct washers and spacer at the end of the arm?

Bullwinkle 001 (resized).JPGBullwinkle 001 (resized).JPGBullwinkle 002 (resized).JPGBullwinkle 002 (resized).JPG
#846 3 years ago

If you haven't done so, I would suggest placing a felt washer over the screw head which pivots the arm at Bullwinkle's shoulder. If/when that screw works loose, the paint will be removed at Bullwinkle's nose.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Is that rear washer metal, nylon, or plastic like the front one

Metal. Look for a ‘fender washer’.

2 months later
#887 3 years ago

ColorDmd is spectacular in R&B! If you sell your pin and they don't want it, keep it for another title...

Color 1 (resized).jpgColor 1 (resized).jpgColor 2 (resized).jpgColor 2 (resized).jpgColor 3 (resized).jpgColor 3 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#940 3 years ago
Quoted from SpaceWar:

Hello all, I'm going through a R&B I picked up a few months ago. I need help in locating the switch for the Hat Trick ramp. I ordered one from Marco, after tracing down all of the revised part numbers, and it's too big. The ramp switch is a very tiny micro cherry switch. Anyone know where to get one?
Thx
Tom

Can you be more specific on the switch you are looking for? Both ramp entrances and Hat Trick entrance use standard size switches. If this is for the Hat Trick VUK that's located under the playfield, it calls for a 180-5063-00. Pinball Resource caries a 180-5063-01, which appears nearly identical.

VUK (resized).jpgVUK (resized).jpg
#943 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok I need help disabling the slam tilt. I have 700 million going, and a firm tilt killed my game. Its done that on several occasions now.
I assume there is more than 1 slam tilt? The one in the coin door , I bent to a point where it doesn't work, and I still slam tilt. Anyone know where the other one(s) is/are?

Most likely it was the tilt-bob that got you. For home use, I remove the weight and adjust ring so the rod is centered.

Minimal market for used dmd’s. If you have originals, they are over 25 years old. I sold my old ones at GSPF for $20 each.

1 year later
#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Is this a light? My machine does not have anything like this in it. Anyone have a PN?

Yes, a light socket is riveted to the metal bracket. I checked the manual and don't see a part number for this piece. It is not included in the schematic for the Nell Assembly and is not included in the list of game specific parts.

Bullwinkle (resized).jpgBullwinkle (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

^^^Bump for the day crowd

That is a very difficult area to capture with a picture. If my pin is assembled correctly, and I think it is, there are two hex posts in the back left corner, neither of which support the ramp. One of the hex posts extends up and the other extends down. Both posts were added to eliminate ball traps. The post that extends down does not reach the lower plastic.

Hopefully, someone will confirm this information is correct.

R&B Wabac (resized).jpegR&B Wabac (resized).jpeg
#1238 1 year ago

The ramp is also supported by a horizontal arm on the yellow VUK...

#1240 1 year ago

Attached are pictures of the manual showing the correct placement of the hex spacers and the VUK supporting the ramp.

R&B Wabac Manual (resized).jpgR&B Wabac Manual (resized).jpgR&B Wabac Support (resized).jpgR&B Wabac Support (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

I put new rubber on and now I'm seeing the 2 GI bulbs behind the SAVED targets getting broken by the pinball during play?
Manual shows a 3" ring and that's what I used. The game has the 2 metal hoops over the bulbs but if I press the pinball in there when the targets are down it's clear it will mash the bulbs. When I pulled the rubber I don't recall the bulbs being missing/broken. I've pulled them out for now but I'd like to understand what I've changed or missed.????
Did a bunch of searching but trying to get useful results when searching with bulb as a keyword is pointless. LOL

I have the 3-inch rubber installed and have yet to break a bulb behind those targets in 20+ years of ownership. It appears the ring keeps the ball from hitting the metal loop which provides additional clearance.

2 months later
#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Thank you. Next question, is that a support for this ramp in the back? Mine is pretty floppy
[quoted image]

The yellow horizontal wire is there to support the ramp. It’s hard to see it clearly, but the the wire is actually under the ramp.

1B9CFD63-9D3A-4F36-B53D-85ECAF983E91 (resized).jpeg1B9CFD63-9D3A-4F36-B53D-85ECAF983E91 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Can someone tell me the exact backbox width? I have an incredibly narrow doorway that only fits Sterns right now if the head is still attached

27 5/8”

1 month later
#1340 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Just reinstalled all the ramps after replacing the WABAC, now the ball is getting stuck trying to enter the blue return ramp. If I push the ramp assembly toward the left the ball will drop into the ramp. As far as I can tell I've got everything reinstalled correctly. Anyone else run into this issue?
[quoted image]

It appears that the blue habitrail needs to move to the right, away from the plastic ramp. That will enlarge the opening of the transition between the two. A small adjustment should make a big difference.

3 weeks later
#1349 1 year ago

I used to have a copy of that service bulletin and will search for it tomorrow. As I recall, the bulletin didn’t offer a detailed solution, it simply suggested adjusting the metal guide to redirect the ball from draining.

7 months later
#1390 7 months ago
Quoted from cjzachmann:

Hello all,
I just got my Rocky and Bullwinkle last week. I love it so far, but after a handful of games the Aesop VUK has stopped working. The switch and diode tests good, and it seams to be all set right. And it kicks the ball up in the ball search so I know the coil works.
I’m going through the schematics but am not following them well. Part of it is my manual is a reprint that isn’t done well. So I will be ordering a different one today.

Make sure you test the switch with a ball, not your finger, and the playfield down, not raised.

I can send a picture of the schematic to get you started, if needed.

1 month later
#1406 5 months ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

For the entry gate to the left orbit, mine is not attached to anything on the left side, it just floats above the farthest target. It seems to hold fine in this position, but is there supposed to be a post somewhere that it attaches to??? I can post a pic later if needed. Thanks!!!

I believe the gate floats on the left side. There is a hole in the plastic below the gate indicating a post may have been included in the original design, but no post was installed in our machine. I would leave the gate floating, as attaching it might break that hard-to-find plastic.

#1409 5 months ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

If we are talking about the same gate, mine has a square cutout with a post in the playfield. It is hard to photo but you can see below.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here’s a picture of mine. Our pin could be an early version. No cut-out in the plastic and no hole in the playfield.

IMG_2983 (resized).jpegIMG_2983 (resized).jpegIMG_2984 (resized).jpegIMG_2984 (resized).jpeg
#1411 5 months ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

this is exactly as mine is. i noticed in the previous pictures that the gate is mounted behind the ramp entry switch, whereas ours are mounted in front of it...strange. i'll have to see if there are holes for posts behind the switch.
thanks for all of the help!!!

The gate needs to be mounted in front of the switch in order for the gate to trigger the switch, right?

#1414 5 months ago

passionforpinball.com has got what you need. Cliffy makes great products.

IMG_0186 (resized).jpegIMG_0186 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
3,900 (OBO)
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steve_in_escalon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=steve_in_escalon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.