(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlarry1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1203 2 years ago

New owner from Montana, picked up game #83704 locally. 100_5957 (resized).JPG100_5957 (resized).JPG
Complete and plays, but needs the usual maintenance items, all new rubbers, Cliffy protectors, some decals, and LED lamps. Played several games today, have to say I like it alot. And the granddaughters really like the cartoon look. Going to find some R&B cartoons on the internet for them to get acquainted with all the characters. Inside the coin box is a license sticker from the Northern Marianas Islands.100_5948 (resized).JPG100_5948 (resized).JPG that's a long way from the USA and Montana! Looking forward to reconditioning and playing.

1 week later
#1206 2 years ago

Hello from Montana! Working on R&B, got my Comet LED order today and spent some time changing lamps. This is by far the cleanest game I have ever worked on. There is not one bit of black dirt on the underside of the playfield inserts. Every other game I have worked on always used up several dozen qtips getting the black off. I am amazed at the number of #89 flashers to change. I thought I was being very careful when I counted the needed number of of LED flashers, both regular and 90 degree flexible. But I used up the 24 I purchased, and I still see several old 89's!
I am also missing the knocker assembly in the cabinet,100_6361 (resized).JPG100_6361 (resized).JPG if anyone has one for sale, I can use it. thanks
'

1 week later
#1217 2 years ago

SOLVED! Not sure why, but removing and turning the led lamp 180 degrees and reinstalling made them all work. Now I am really confused because 60 other led lamps all worked all the time.

greetings, just finished up major shop job on my game. Looks great and plays awesome. However, I have a problem with 4 controlled lamps that has existed since before I worked on the game. On the clock assy, 4 lights never come on, the three blue and top yellow led bulbs. They do not work in all lamps, single row, single column, nor single lamp diagnostics either.
clock front bulbs not lit (resized).jpgclock front bulbs not lit (resized).jpg
Lamp matix chart, lamps 1-4 do not light, all 60 others work:lamp matrix (resized).jpglamp matrix (resized).jpg
I tried the easy stuff like swapping bulbs, ringing out wires from lamp socket to cpu board, all good.
the back of the clock assy, Yellow-Brown lamp column wire comes in on the bottom pin, zig zags to the left side and splits between lamps 3 and 4. lamps 1,2,3,4 never light but 5,6,7,8 work fine. All 14 diodes tested ok.100_6409 (resized).JPG100_6409 (resized).JPG

I am not a logic master and could not explain how the lamp matrix fully works, and is operated by PIA and other microchips. I assume each of the 2 chips in the Lamp Drive red box below power 4 columns each.
cpu lamp section (resized).jpgcpu lamp section (resized).jpg
Upon power up, the 3 led lights on the cpu board indicate properly, PIA lit for just a brief moment and then goes out with no flashes.
I am capable of basic soldering but a large chip with 24 legs is beyond my skills and comfort level.
Can anyone suggest where/how to look further without having logic probe and O scope?
Thanks

3 months later
#1227 1 year ago

yes, the clock assembly face is held on by 4 little white plastic clips, one in each color segment. Pull at the edge gently right by each white clip while squeezing the tip together if needed.
100_6323 (resized).JPG100_6323 (resized).JPG
I put colored LED lamps with frosted lenses in my unit, much better than incandescent lamps with colored sleeves.

5 months later
#1314 1 year ago

How I found mine when disassembled last year. Put back just like this, resoldered the white wire, and mine works fine.
100_6435 (resized).JPG100_6435 (resized).JPG

#1317 1 year ago

just the plastic, no post on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.00
$ 29.50
$ 27.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlarry1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=pinballlarry1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.