(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leosac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#553 5 years ago

During game play the ball keeps getting caught behind the diverter in the uppper left section by the VUK. I’m not even sure how it gets there but there is no way to get it out without removing the glass.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions of where to start in trying to fix the issue?

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Can you post some pics or video of this happening?

Tough spot to see but there is a diverter just under the VUK. I can’t even figure out how the ball is getting in there during game play but it ends up nestled along the bottom of the diverter with no way out.

91ED93EB-92E0-45E5-8251-5C09FFC6F84E (resized).jpeg91ED93EB-92E0-45E5-8251-5C09FFC6F84E (resized).jpegC9A7BBE5-7047-4F00-92F0-E7417482E829 (resized).jpegC9A7BBE5-7047-4F00-92F0-E7417482E829 (resized).jpeg
#557 5 years ago

The ball gets stuck right by the orange TNT box graphic

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

o look at your ramps more.
2. Does the diverter work correctly in coil test, and in gameplay (take glass off, hit the 3 Hat Trick targets so Hat Trick is lit, and then roll the ball into the lane; when the ball hits that rollunder switch, the diverter should swing all the way left and the ball should land in the VUK)

Yes, the Diverter works as you described both in game play and in test mode. The problem appears when Hat Trick is lit and the ball goes up the ramp without enough speed to reach the VUK. It settles into inside of the diverter with no way out.

467CF629-2FF9-4301-ADE9-7F4D50D740D6 (resized).jpeg467CF629-2FF9-4301-ADE9-7F4D50D740D6 (resized).jpeg
#579 5 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Your diverter is installed incorrectly. It should be in the middle, between the lane to the left of where it is now. The diverter then opens to the left when the hat trick comes on and the ball goes into the VUK (theoretically ).

As mentioned above, the diverter appears to work as it should, at least in test and what I can see in game play. The problem is when the ball lack enough speed to make it to the VUK, it comes to a rest in the diverter with no way out. Is this just a flaw in game design or am I missing something regarding proper operation/game play?

C5FE339E-F580-4CD1-AD12-593AC01CEE50 (resized).jpegC5FE339E-F580-4CD1-AD12-593AC01CEE50 (resized).jpeg
#584 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Then shoot the ball into that lane, as the ball passes under the switch, the hat trick diverter should pop open to the left,
the ball should then land in the VUK cup and be shot into the yellow wireform.
Does this happen most of the time?

Yes, this happens most of the time

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If a ball gets stuck there, the automatic ball search function should open the diverter to let it out - does that happen?

No, the ball search function does not set it free. It appears that the diverter doesn’t open enough in ball search to allow it to roll out.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from Sliderpoint:Mine does not do that either, but here is why. This is my diverter closed position, you can see how open is still is to allow the ball to come back out if it doesn't make it tot he VUK.

Mine in the closed position has no gap and thus no escape route. Is this an install issue?

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

More
Are you talking about the diverter on the ramp? Or the one on the main playfield?

Main playfield just under the VUK

1 week later
#590 5 years ago
Quoted from Sliderpoint:

Yes. Adjust just like pinballmaniac40 said above. When Open (active) it should touch the left orbit, when closed it should look more like my pic. Plenty of room for the ball.

Fixed just as suggested. Thanks to everyone for the input and patience.

4 months later
#648 5 years ago

I’m having what appears to be a switch problem. What has me puzzled is that these two seeming unrelated switch issues show themselves at the same time.

When the ball goes into the Aesop hole (left side) it does not come back up until the machine goes into ball find mode. It then kicks it out and game continues to play. Similarly, when a ball drains, the ball is not registering as over. No bonus calculated , no new ball started.

These two problems areas come together but yet seem otherwise unrelated. Any suggestions?

1 week later
#654 5 years ago
Quoted from G-Bee:I also have the problem of not registering a drain sometimes. A simple nudge of the machine will cause it to register in my case. The aesop hole problem I experienced as well, and had to readjust the switch under the ball through

I’m still having the Aesop and center drain ball registering problem. They test okay in the switch test. Checked the green and white wire. All connections seem solid along the chain. Played around with the switches but to no avail.

I’ve ordered new switches for both. Seems like a weird coincidence that both switches would go out at the same time, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

How did you check the switches? Was it by pressing on the with a finger or setting a ball on it? That can make a difference.

Interestin. Switch test diagnostic using my finger. I’ll have to try with a ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leosac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=leosac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.