(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdub03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#741 4 years ago

Can someone take a picture of their left lower orbit switch wiring? I have spent hours cleaning and rebuilding this poor machine back to health (and troubleshooting), only to find the switch for the gate (which is needed for the playfield arm to activate) was literally taped on. So I have no idea which wires need to go where for the new switch. Thank you!

1 month later
#757 4 years ago

Hey everyone, have a strange question. I have a Rottendog Power Supply board in my R&B, the hum was crazy. So I bought a NOS DE updated board and the display went crazy. So I put the Rottendog back in. Now the back half of GI lighting and the pop bumper lights are not working 99% of the time. I tried reseating the connectors. Any tips on how to solve this? If I have to live with the hum, so be it but the lighting makes the game less enjoyable. Thank you.

4 months later
#783 3 years ago

Anyone replaced the fire button housing and button on their R&B? I ordered one from Marco and can't figure out how the light assembly stays in the button? TIA.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

After market led, or standard classic bulb?

The entire housing/button kit. The kit from Marco doesn't seem to "stay in". It appears the original is glued, which is bizarre to me.

2 weeks later
#797 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Ball is coming out of Aesop and son so “hot” that it more often than not shoots over the playfield, off the glass and into the left drain.
Any ideas of cause and fix?

I had the same issue with mine when I got it. I cleaned everything, found a new scoop, replaced the coil etc...nothing seemed to fix it. So I cut a square of clear plexiglass over the area and haven't had an issue since.

2 weeks later
#812 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Been toying with the idea of getting a R&B game. How would it compare to something like Road Show, as that's the game it would most likely replace.
-Hans

It's a fun family theme and if dialed in properly a fast game. The ruleset if pretty simple overall IMO. My kids like it, I have had mine for about 18 months and I am ready to get rid of it, but my kids ask me to keep it. It's literally the only game we will "all" play. Personally I think Road Show is a much better game though. Ruleset, shots etc. all better.

2 weeks later
#823 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

so fellow club members. have some questions about game play. every Thursday has been thirsty Thursday and I go have some beers and play some pins. so far my best game on this damn machine is 249 mill. is there a wizard mode? what is your best game on this? I just want to put my name on the dang board

The Jackpot is very lucrative during multiball. Hit the Jackpot and then get the super Jackpot, left ramp builds the values and right cashes em in. I usually let one ball go quick since mine is setup insanely fast. But I can usually get in the 400M area with this strategy.

2 months later
#855 3 years ago

Hey all, I am considering selling my R&B. It has some issues with the volume POT, DE hum and for some reason the GI in the back of the PF goes on and off at random, I have spent hours trying to figure it out, including replacing boards. It plays 100% and I have replaced almost all the coils, LEDs and other minor fixes. I realize market varies by location etc, but I haven't seen recent actual sales for these machines. Is $2k in the right ballpark? I'd keep it but my kids don't play it often and I only have room for a few machines, so it's taking up precious space. TIA for any advice.

3 weeks later
#870 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

The hat trick is still driving me nuts.
Does anybody know where to buy the tracks that those piece sit in? one of mine is cut short and all of them are warped in one way or another.
Originally, I was having trouble where the Rhino insert was getting stuck up because it was getting stuck in the slightly warped track that had its full length. I figured that if I switched the clipped (shortened) hat trick plastic track over to the rhino, for whatever reason, it wouldn't get stuck. Now on the other hand, the Rhino plastic is popping FULL OUT of its track and gets stuck.
If there was a place to buy these tracks, I would order a whole new set. I've also thought about replacing the coil with something just slightly weaker and maybe it wouldn't jut out of place.
Obviously it doesn't affect gameplay but my god is it annoying.

Can you see this link?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/386005805690699

I reached out to him, good guy. He printed and sent me one within a couple days.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

what did he charge?

Think it was $15.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdub03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.