(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider howdoyouafford.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

Just joined the club! Picked mine up two weeks ago. Playfield in great shape, just a touch dusty from storage, seems to have all the parts, only one cracked plastic (left midfield above Aesop). Broken Rocky and Lion plastics. I've got some preliminary parts on order (lamps, cleaner, rubbers, new balls, new hat trick plastics, Nell belt) Boots up to some nonrandom garbage dots, no cpu hearbeat, only a couple lights and a flasher going on. Electronics are my thing so I'm looking forward to this project. Ramps okay, one seems repaired with a dark plastic. Might give me an excuse to build a vacuform machine to fix my ramp and Nell log. Lockdown bar retainer is pretty rusty, but want to watch out for what looks like hexavalent chromium if I bead blast it.
It's my first pin! Glad to see so much community with help and pictures to get me going. Hello!

#36 8 years ago

I need help with a part # ID. I need the slide part that retains the board behind the backglass, the one that slides up to open the backbox (after the glass is already removed). It's missing on mine and nowhere in the manual does it list anything. Do I just need to make one myself or are they available?

#38 8 years ago

You have magic search powers, thanks!

#41 8 years ago

yikes, too rich for me. i could build a vacuform machine for that.
unrelated question, im starting to shop mine and found this metal strip bent around this post of the wabac ramp with holes and with a touch of solder on the end. is something missing from my game? not sure what this is.

20160406_173959_(resized).jpg20160406_173959_(resized).jpg

#43 8 years ago

I can scan you the nell plastic if you think you can make one yourself (search around for how). i found these guys sell matching painthttp://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm but never tried it, the consensus around is to match it yourself to how faded yours is unless totally repainting. This has some neat tricks, but as always ise your own sensibility for how you want it done. http://pinballrehab.com/articles/pinball-restoration
im brand new so dont take my advice though, just offering what i've seen so far.

1 year later
#398 6 years ago

I still have mine to clean up and restore so I'm interested as well. Obviously they thought mylar was useful near the bumpers, but mine was routed so no idea what it came with. I bought "Cliffy's" protectors to go into it when I'm done. No advice, but i'm interested to hear from someone with experience keeping this pin nice.

2 years later
#734 4 years ago

PM Sent. Thanks!

3 years later
#1369 10 months ago

If anyone has dumped ROMs of versions other than the 3 on IPDB (1.03 spanish, 1.3 english and 3.2 english) I saw 1.1 and 1.4 around on some people's machines, I would be grateful. I can even assist if you have one running old software getting it dumped. I'm trying to compare and eventually understand the code enough for maybe some fixes. I'm working on my machine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-and-bullwinkle-20#post-7633882

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider howdoyouafford.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=howdoyouafford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.