(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2359 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7466 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7468 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#367 6 years ago

I just collected my R&B from storage as I need to sell it so I'm play-testing it.

The only remaining issue to fix is the playfield diverter that sends the ball to the hat trick VUK: this diverter never moves so the ball never goes to the hat trick. But in coil test it moves (possibly a bit of a double flip).

What triggers that diverter to move across in a game, is it the three hat trick targets, should it move when the red light comes on? Any hints for me please?

#372 6 years ago

Thanks guys, that fixed it - the switch on the left orbit needed a tweak - so my hat trick diverter now works fine

Have listed it for sale but would ideally like it all working perfectly so maybe you can help with two other issues:

Two coils aren't firing in game or in coil tests but both move freely and have voltage at the coil lugs. I have real trouble reading the schematics in this older manual, can someone identify for me please which are the two relevant board connector/wires and the relevant transistors? Then I can try to trigger them by shorting the transistor and I'll know the wiring is ok, and can test it just replace those pesky transistors.

1) Coil 6L the Rocky insert coil that lifts up Rocky in the backbox. Brown- Violet/Blue

2) Coil 15 the reset coil for the Nell drop targets. Red - Brown/Violet

Many thanks in advance. If you can also tell me what page of the manual it's to be found, that'll help me in future too. Dan

#374 6 years ago

ok thank you that's very helpful.

so if i replace those two transistors, where in the manual does it tell me what type they are? it's the same shape as a TIP102 or a TIP107.
plus the predrive transistors, the little round black things with a flat edge, what kind are they, and where in the manual does it say? they look like my little bag of 2N5401 i have here, but also look like my bag of 2N3906. wouldn't want to put the wrong kind in and undo all my good work.

edit: i found what i needed in the end on page 53 top right. it's a TIP122 so i can use my TIP102, and it's a 2N4401 so google tells me i can use a 2N3904. i don't think my 2N3906 will fix it, i think it has to be a 3904. Nell drop target reset bank is now working, important as the game is not playable without it. the Rocky insert is still playing up, but the new owner can deal with that as it doesn't affect gameplay. i'm done with it, it's for sale now. fun game, i enjoyed it (my second R&B).

#380 6 years ago

I just took mine off and got a few that show how it's mounted

It's held on in three places - front right on that purple plastic, back right at the foot of a long metal foot, and on top at the front left where it attaches to a hex post right next to the log.

IMG_9435 (resized).JPGIMG_9435 (resized).JPG
IMG_9436 (resized).JPGIMG_9436 (resized).JPG
IMG_9438 (resized).JPGIMG_9438 (resized).JPG
IMG_9439 (resized).JPGIMG_9439 (resized).JPG
IMG_9440 (resized).JPGIMG_9440 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
3,900 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=cooldan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.