(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mitoska.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#665 4 years ago

I put in a rottendog for a upgrade and my sound went to total Shit..sound popping and all that..went back to my stock power supply and it's all good..

2 months later
#693 4 years ago

Yeah..might as well take it completely apart and do it right once. I did my newly acquired one this spring, turned out great, flame polished the ramps as well. The color dmd looks awesome in this game as well. Good time to replace all the pop bumper spoons and skirts too.

IMAG1289 (resized).jpgIMAG1289 (resized).jpgIMAG1290 (resized).jpgIMAG1290 (resized).jpg
#695 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Nice job!
Two questions:
Where can I get the pop bumpers and skirts you mentioned?
Are the guns n roses drop down targets the same as the save nell drop down targets? I have a new set for gnr (backups).

I just redid my gnr totally as well.. the drop targets are probably the same..but I'd just order the new set from Marco, they come with new decals also . Marco should have all the bumper skirts and spoons to

IMAG1298 (resized).jpgIMAG1298 (resized).jpg
#703 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

That is what I was thinking as well. At least once I get the other half of the playfield's components removed and cleaned, I can coin her up and play.
I am thinking of pulling the color DMD from my guns n roses and putting it in here. Do I need to do some type of programming or something? I've never even messed with the color dmd before. It came in my gnr.

Gnr uses an LCD color dmd, r&b only used the led version..

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

My understanding: The LED ColorDMD fits into the standard Data East speaker panel without modifying the panel. For the LCD, you have to permanently modify the panel, which I wouldn’t want to do. GNR doesn’t use the plastic panel, so you can use either the LED or LCD version.

Not quite, the LCD cant be used in the R&B because they didnt make the software for it, they only made R&B software in the LED Dot style.. not sure why. maybe has something to do with the game. I have GNR also with the color DMD LCD screen, you can set it to dot style also.. no modification was needed on GNR. I suppose you could use the LCD panel in a R&B, but they cost $40-$50 more, and you wont be able to use the LCD style images anyway. Side note, if you have other games, he gave me a nice discount for buying 10 screens at once.. so you may want to inquire about that if you have more games you can use screens in.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok I soldered the wire to the hat trick ramp, and found the little actuator arm in the bottom of the cab. Haha.
I snapped it back on and it works fine.
I have 2 distinct issues , otherwise I am up and running:
The ball will NOT kick out into the shooter lane for launch.
When the ball drains, it sits in the bottom of the cab, kind of not registering that it drained. I assume these could be related?
I am clunky at best in test mode, but while I was in switch test (i think), I believe I was being given operator tech alerts for:
Outhole
Trough #1 left
Trough #2 center
Trough #3 right
This issues are all tied together huh?
After this, and installing my new nell motor, I should be good.

Yeah..it's telling you those switches are activated..which they are because there are balls sitting in the trough switches..

1 year later
#898 3 years ago

R&B should be less then the others, it's only available as the led, and not the lcd version. I have them in all my games including R&B. You'll never want one with out one again.

Quoted from Bax1:

I guess that settles it. I have to get one!! now why is the r&b a couple bucks more than others?

2 years later
#1384 8 months ago

I've had R&B for 4-5 years, our ramps have always been difficult to make, maybe only goes all the way up 2 or 3 times out of 10. I've played other R&B and ramps hit just fine. Does my flipper orientation look correct? Is this a game that has a higher voltage for initial flipper power I can check, or anyone else have this issue before?

PXL_20230824_013643747 (resized).jpgPXL_20230824_013643747 (resized).jpgPXL_20230824_013651640 (resized).jpgPXL_20230824_013651640 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1388 7 months ago

Update on my difficulty making the ramps, coils good, shafts good, sleeves all good. I seem to have figured it out, I noticed that rubber stoppers that go in the coil bracket seemed quite thick compared to some pics I saw of others. I removed them and put a small piece of rubber in its place., this allowed me to adjust flipper positions and add about 1/4 inch to total flipper travel distance. Ramps now hit much better

PXL_20230909_223025017 (resized).jpgPXL_20230909_223025017 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
$ 29.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mitoska.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=Mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.