(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,512 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2359 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MadMaxDad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#348 7 years ago

Had some friends over and happen to get some video (really poor quality) of something I hadn't seen - when starting the Hat Trick - LION mode, the animation has a ball drop down and hit Bullwinkle on top of the head and then go into the lion's mouth. Which explains how/why the lion spits it out when you get the jackpot. Haven't been able to recreate it again. Some combination of starting the mode and hitting a switch? Thanks for any help recreating that.

Also, found this info on the combo shot last week.
'Combo Shot:There is a 3-way combo in R&B. I'm 95% sure that it is the Rhino loop -> left orbit -> Aesop & Son. It is worth 5M.'

That works and the award increases each time you can do it.
Is this the only combo that has an award?

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 8.01.25 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-18 at 8.01.25 AM (resized).png

3 months later
#422 6 years ago

If you want to see some before (Orange) and after (Color) screen shots of the ColorDMD for Bullwinkle - I posted them on the ColorDMD Announces 60th Game! Rocky and Bullwinkle - VIDEO PREVIEW! topic
Bullwinkle shows up better on the LED display than on the screen

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-game-60-rocky-and-bullwinkle#post-3872132

TheresmoreColor (resized).pngTheresmoreColor (resized).png
TheresmoreOrange (resized).pngTheresmoreOrange (resized).png

2 years later
#834 3 years ago

I posted this a couple years ago when I finished coloring RAB, since then, there have been a lot of new owners join the club.
So here’s my plug for the best upgrade for your machine
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-game-60-rocky-and-bullwinkle#post-3872132

Quoted from MadMaxDad:

If you want to see some before (Orange) and after (Color) screen shots of the ColorDMD for Bullwinkle - I posted them on the ColorDMD Announces 60th Game! Rocky and Bullwinkle - VIDEO PREVIEW! topic
Bullwinkle shows up better on the LED display than on the these screen shots.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

99DF41F3-EA2F-465A-BE3A-3AD5283FE2A6 (resized).jpeg99DF41F3-EA2F-465A-BE3A-3AD5283FE2A6 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

ColorDmd is spectacular in R&B!

I was just about to post those samples! I’m biased (since I colored this one), but I think the before/after screens should answer your question.
Plus, here’s the ColorDMD trailer.

#889 3 years ago

Again, my personal and biased opinion...
With a ColorDMD, you will see a lot of characters and detail you just can’t catch in monochrome when it’s flying by the screen.
For example, the photo of the orange screen, you can make out it’s Bullwinkle and two ‘girls’ tackling him - because it’s a still shot. When it’s moving on the screen, it’s a blur of orange dots.

88D7A4AC-FA59-4E33-B783-AC5E8A679D24 (resized).jpeg88D7A4AC-FA59-4E33-B783-AC5E8A679D24 (resized).jpeg
#892 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I’m just curious about the reliability of them.

I don’t mean that as a big brag or anything like that - just trying to qualify the next statement and answer your question.

I’ve had a ColorDMD in MM for almost 7 years I think. I’ve had 30+ of them over the years, have 26 installed right now. I’ve colored 6 titles. I think I’ve installed every version of ColorDMD in a machine from every machine manufacturer.

I do not think you’ll find anybody saying they’re unreliable or that Randy is anything but awesome when it comes to customer service when needed.
Buy with confidence. And remember, you can always swap the original back in if you sell the machine and move the ColorDMD to another. Just download new ROM and you’re set!

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So when you buy the color dmd, it’s plug and play right? Don’t need to burn a rom?

You don’t have to burn a ROM. You download the ROM file for your machine onto a USB drive and then insert that into the ColorDMD display card. Super easy.
If you move the ColorDMD display to a different machine, just download a different ROM and you’re set.

Here’s a video from the ColorDMD site

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

why is the r&b a couple bucks more than others?

I know DE machines need a splitter. The post a few before this one has a picture of it

It’s included with the display when you order. So that’s my guess on price difference.

1 month later
#952 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Seems like the amount of research you've done on this PIN2DMD thing would negate the money you're saving on the product if you paid yourself an hourly local minimum wage. Just sayin.

Re: the ‘local min wage’ part.
I’ve been lucky enough to color several titles for ColorDMD. Coloring isn’t something you should do for the money - I don’t track the hours because it’s literally ‘months of hours’ to complete a title. No exaggeration. For me, I enjoy the challenge of finding every DMD screen and figuring out ways to color the random/interactive ones.

I’m obviously biased - but I think if you compare screens/videos of ColorDMD to anything else - it’s worth the extra money to have a title that is complete and colored consistently/accurately. Again - my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,900 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
$ 18.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MadMaxDad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=MadMaxDad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.