(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,512 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2359 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1163 2 years ago

A friend of mine recently purchased a Rocky and Bullwinkle machine while out of town so it was delivered to my house in the meantime. The game is pretty great looking with a repro Bullwinkle arm installed recently (backglass has a little flake at the Bullwinkle mech but the playfield and cabinet are real sharp)
I had never played a R&B before so i didnt really notice any issues the first day but ive since watched a PAPA video and im noticing some issues. While this isnt my game, it would be nice to try and have it playing 100% when he picks it up next month. This game hold a lot of nostalgia and means a lot to him (and I believe it is his first pin).
I only do basic repairs so here are the mechanical or gameplay issues/questions I have. Some may be dumber than others

-the right orbit never orbits. This is what made me watch a Youtube video in the first place. I suspected I should be able to hit both orbit completely at times. Is there a coil back there that has likely burnt out to lift a gate? Common issue? Other possible causes for this gate to never lift?

-the divertor on the Rocky ramp always sends the ball to the right flipper. I have not once had it send the ball to the left flipper in 10 or so games. Am I missing a gameplay feature or is there something odd to address?

-the Hat-Trick VUC only detects the ball maybe 1 out of 5 times. Im hoping this is just a switch issue.

-the flipper start even but have different high point in flipped position. Im assuming some new coil stops would fix this. Sound right?

-the Nell/Millsaw mech does move forward and backward but not in any consistent way. I assume this one is a common failure? Doesn't really effect gameplay so less important than the above issues imo.

Other than those problems, the game just needs some adjusting here and there. Any input is appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,900 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=KnockerPTSD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.