(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#666 4 years ago

The Nell drop targets have two modes. There is one mode that is triggered by dropping all of the targets once and then you have to hit one more target to collect the 25 Million points (or 50 if you've started it a 2nd time). This mode is timed and last for 15 seconds or so, and will use the log mechanism, and the mode sound is the narrator of the show talking about time ticking down.... "just in the nick of time!".

There is another mode called Nell Drops. Its part of the modes you can start through the puzzle pieces you collect, and might also be available through a mystery award... in this mode Nell is tied to the tracks and you need to hit the drop targets as many times as you can to collect 2M points each before the timer runs out. This is the mode where Nell says SAVE ME SAVE ME. The log mechanism doesnt run in this mode (at least on my machine), and that sort of makes sense, since in the story in this scenario she is tied to tracks, not the log.

2 weeks later
#669 4 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

So I've noticed the left kickback value increases up to Advance X and if i continue to roll over a lit lane, it goes back to 1M. Is this coded this way or is something wrong with my machine? I gotta admit it does keep you on your toes since you have to change from trying to hit a lit up lane to avoiding the light.

I am pretty sure this is by design, it will keep looping around, so you do need to stay on top of the inlane returns to get it where its optimized.

2 months later
#700 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

well I ordered a new motor off of ebay just in case I can't get mine to work.
I don't even know if mine works at this point, but I certainly cannot get the pulley wheel to stay in the motor. It keeps falling out.

at least that part of the machine has no impact on the game play! Game on!

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

That is what I was thinking as well. At least once I get the other half of the playfield's components removed and cleaned, I can coin her up and play.
I am thinking of pulling the color DMD from my guns n roses and putting it in here. Do I need to do some type of programming or something? I've never even messed with the color dmd before. It came in my gnr.

For Color DMD, I believe you'll need to program the unit with the color code for Rocky and Bullwinkle. There should be a USB port on the Color DMD unit, and there are instructions on the Color DMD website for how to update the code. Code download for the DMD for RAB should be here https://colordmd.com/download1.php?rom=RAB_3_0

10 months later
#838 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I've recently picked up a R&B and have noticed that the 'Hat Trick' shot (left orbit diverted to a VUK) bounces back about 50% of the time. I was curious if other owners experience this and if there is a known fix before digging into it.
Thanks!

I would check the coil and mech for the diverter to make sure it is opening up far enough and long enough to allow the ball to be diverted into the VUK. if the sleeve or linkage/coil stops or something are not in great condition, I could see it partially opening and causing the ball to not make it in there.

Also, any obstructions in the path to the VUK? Game is not set too steep? Flippers are powerful enough to launch the ball around the orbits normally?

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that this was after rebuilding all coils, mechs, top-side teardown/clean. The diverter works well and directs the ball no problem. It's just at high speeds it appears to bounce off of the back bracket above the hole to send it off at an odd angle. I'll just tweak on the guides around the hole. Probably just need to square them up a bit.

One thing that has helped me a few time with shots that have bad feeds was running the slow motion video record from my phone and capture the shot failing. It let me see where my ball might have been getting hung up along its path and what i could bend/adjust to clean the feed up.

6 months later
#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Chance! You still got this machine?

It was actually my game up until yesterday around 5 PM. A number of years back I told Chance he could buy it from me someday for a bro price, and he showed up with a surprise stack of cash and got'er done. Moving the game out Saturday, but I sent him home with the Freeplay40 repro left ramp and the manual so he didnt feel like he was going home empty handed. I'm a little sad to see it go, but at least its not going far. Excited to see how he ends up modding it with powder coat, and lighting, etc.

1 month later
#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Thank you!
So the right ramp never goes to the left flipper? Seems strange to have a diverter if it never goes to the left. Why would they have spent the money when they could have formed the ramp differently and eliminated the diverter.
I saw someone say something about spin to win mode but I’m not sure what that is and how to light it. I’ve never seen the mode activated

Spin and win will do it, you need to activate this mode by shooting the scoops to collect the puzzle pieces and eventually you will get it as one of the modes. During spin and win you shoot the right ramp as many times as you can during the timed mode and it diverts to the left flipper to set up your shot again to the right ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
$ 18.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club?tu=JoshODBrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.