(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.
#151 7 years ago

Titan

Very cool how you made the wand. Looks like it should belong.

Steve
Thank you for the pics. I may have some arcade board stand offs that might work. Do you know the length of that sleeve?

#152 7 years ago

That was an old pic and I can't get to the backbox the way my pins are placed. I can tell you it's just wide enough that the washers fit over the three backbox plastics.

#153 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rb-backbox-arm-bushing-nos?tu=arcadedl

Check this link for a possible source for the arm bushing.

Data East part number 530-5226-00

Marco shows it out of stock.

#154 7 years ago

Right on. Thank you Steve. That gives me a nice gauge on how long it should be

#155 7 years ago

I have some R&B parts for sale if anyone needs anything.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-bullwinkle-parts-for-sale

RussM

#156 7 years ago

hey fellas
Getting my machine put back together and noticing that my flashers on the play field don't work. They work in the back box but not on the playfield. Need some help on the schematics or ideas on where to start. I see that they go into J9 on the ppb board and then to the resistors, then diodes. All that stuff checks out.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

hey fellas
Getting my machine put back together and noticing that my flashers on the play field don't work. They work in the back box but not on the playfield. Need some help on the schematics or ideas on where to start. I see that they go into J9 on the ppb board and then to the resistors, then diodes. All that stuff checks out.

Are you testing with incandescent or LED bulbs?

RM

#158 7 years ago

Incandescent. Would love to change over to leds if they work with the game

#159 7 years ago

Mine did the same thing after moving it. try re-seating connector CN3 on the lower right corner of the power supply. The one with the red wires.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Incandescent. Would love to change over to leds if they work with the game

They do fine, but since they are diodes, you have to try them in the sockets both ways to make sure they light up (wedge-style #906)

RM

#161 7 years ago

Cool thank you Titan. Love those new flipper rubbers!!!!

#162 7 years ago

I am just about to start the reproduction of the Wabac ramp and I posed some questions in my Freeplay40 Ramps post along with a photo of the ramp I will use for reproduction. Would appreciate some feedback before I get started with this one...

Thanks...Mark

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/12#post-3309768

#163 7 years ago

Tried to reseat cn3 and still the same. The only flashers working on backbox are the top left corner. Didn't realize how many flashers are on this machine.

#164 7 years ago

I do notice that when you are in diagnostics and go to the flasher test, you hear a click (like a relay) when you enter the flasher test. When I look at schematics, I don't see any relay in the address.

1 week later
#165 7 years ago

Wanted middle ball return plastic ramp P/N 500-5634-00

Does any one have one or know where I can find one?

3ea8ec8c7f86d838eddb4d9917ad41a32c97add3 (resized).jpg3ea8ec8c7f86d838eddb4d9917ad41a32c97add3 (resized).jpg

#166 7 years ago

Every 5 games or so during a ball, the background music shuts off on my R&B and I just get the game sounds when you hit something or a switch is used. Is this a glitch in the software?

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Every 5 games or so during a ball, the background music shuts off on my R&B and I just get the game sounds when you hit something or a switch is used.

Have you replaced the ribbon cable to the sound board? Could be cold solder joints on the header pins for that cable as well.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Every 5 games or so during a ball, the background music shuts off on my R&B and I just get the game sounds when you hit something or a switch is used. Is this a glitch in the software?

Mine does the same thing. Please let me know if you find the cure.

#169 7 years ago

'Mine has never done that. What version of software are you running?

2 weeks later
#170 7 years ago

Finally got rnb back up and running. New rottendog power board fixed it all!

#171 7 years ago

What color leds for the daisy inserts? Clear and amber just dont look right!

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

Mine does the same thing. Please let me know if you find the cure.

I unplugged everything on the cpu because I needed the board to check something on another pin and since I put the board back in, I have not had the problem any longer. Perhaps you just need to disconnect and reconnect the ribbon cables.

#173 7 years ago

I just finished shopping mine. I put leds on the playfield, i still have to do the inserts, but man, this is a hard game to shop! I kept having a ball get stuck under the wabac ramp, theres no support post right there, so i ended up putting a bracket between the plastic and the ramp, just wedged in for now. That seems to stop the stuck ball

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

What color leds for the daisy inserts? Clear and amber just dont look right

I used warm white. Looked good!

#175 7 years ago

i found on a different machine, putting orange in a yellow, looked good. I think, or was it the other way around..

#176 7 years ago

Yellow or white dont seem as good. Maybe the warm white!

20160922_152716 (resized).jpg20160922_152716 (resized).jpg

20160922_152722 (resized).jpg20160922_152722 (resized).jpg

20160922_152727 (resized).jpg20160922_152727 (resized).jpg

#177 7 years ago

My hat trick lane diverter worked before i shopped it out. Now it isnt working. Crap! All wires and connections look good

#178 7 years ago

Ok, fixed lane diverter. Game is clean, all led, looks amazing! Just got the inserts done. I went with natural white on the daisies, looks good

#179 7 years ago

Ok guys. So I'm back to getting mine 100%. So changed coils in back box and rhino coil locks on. Checked the whole route and everything is good. Diodes and resistor on ppb test good, new tip and resistor on cpu. No bridging in solder work. I'm stumped?

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So changed coils in back box and rhino coil locks on.

Is it actually locking on or is the plastic getting jammed in the track? I had my lion getting jammed due to a worn pivot point where it attached to the arm. Just a thought.

#181 7 years ago

I wish that was the case. It locks up immediately upon power up.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I wish that was the case. It locks up immediately upon power up.

i changed my coil to go the lower power route, and had the same issue, but i had done something wrong. But at this moment, i can't exactly remember what. I would triple check your work..

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Ok guys. So I'm back to getting mine 100%. So changed coils in back box and rhino coil locks on. Checked the whole route and everything is good. Diodes and resistor on ppb test good, new tip and resistor on cpu. No bridging in solder work. I'm stumped?

Can you take some pictures of the coils and wiring the way it is now?

Easier to diagnose a wiring issue that way.

RussMyers

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Finally got rnb back up and running. New rottendog power board fixed it all!

Glad it's working for you, but I read nothing but bad reviews and nightmare stories about rottendog boards. I went with XPin and it has been flawless ever since.

http://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-de5047/

#185 7 years ago

I will post some pics tonight. Hopefully this is an easy fix

#186 7 years ago

I did do the mod to reduce to 35v from 50 for the lion insert.
Also. Does anyone happen to have the metal post that goes in the white plastic tube that is behind bullwinkle hand in the back box?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#187 7 years ago

That wiring looks correct.

Has to be something else causing that Rhino coil to lock on.

The usual suspect is the transistor has shorted closed.

RussM

#188 7 years ago

It's brand new. Tested good and also swapped out just for safety measure.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

It's brand new. Tested good and also swapped out just for safety measure.

If the Rhino coil is locking on, that's the one on the far right.

The white wire is the power wire and the Purple w/Black stripe is the ground for that coil.

First thing, de-solder one end of the jumper wire from that coil that goes back to the Lion coil (the low-power mod) to eliminate it from the circuit and try again.

Does it still lock on?

RM

#190 7 years ago

Ok, im having an issue with my super vuk locking on on power up. I had just changed some of the flashers when it did this, so before i dig into changing the transistor, could it be a shorted bulb socket or bad diode on the socket causing the coil to lock on? I didnt notice the flashers locking on, since as soon as i saw the coil lock i powered it off, but there are 4 flashers associated with the super vuk. Ill test the transistor later, but was just spitballing. Collin, the rhino coil also has 4 flashers associated with it as well, just a thought, i could be way off base here though.

#191 7 years ago

So I just took the power off of the lion and the rhino still locks on.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

the rhino coil also has 4 flashers associated with it as well, just a thought, i could be way off base here though.

I wonder if this does have something to do with it. It wasn't locking on when my flashers weren't working. The relay on the ppb board had cold solder joints and now my flashers work and now my rhino locks on.

#193 7 years ago

I was just messing with the flashers last night, but for the life of me i cant remember if they have diodes or not. Maybe a bad diode on the lamp socket? Wire shorting to ground? Really dont know if this could cause it though. Do you have flashers locked on, or 4 not working? Im going to check mine tonight and see if i do

#194 7 years ago

20160930_102906 (resized).jpg20160930_102906 (resized).jpg

20160930_102912 (resized).jpg20160930_102912 (resized).jpg

#195 7 years ago

Sorry that forst pic got messed up, same thing, just for the super vuk. Thats what i was looking at bax

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I wonder if this does have something to do with it. It wasn't locking on when my flashers weren't working. The relay on the ppb board had cold solder joints and now my flashers work and now my rhino locks on.

Yes, on DE sys3 (just like Williams sys11 it copied) the low-power solenoids and flashers share drive transistors and the switch between them is the relay board.

So the Rhino coil locks on but the flashers driven by the same circuit do NOT lock on? Even in Flasher Test?

RM

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So I just took the power off of the lion and the rhino still locks on.

OK, you have eliminated that mod as a problem.

RM

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yes, on DE sys3 (just like Williams sys11 it copied) the low-power solenoids and flashers share drive transistors and the switch between them is the relay board.
So the Rhino coil locks on but the flashers driven by the same circuit do NOT lock on? Even in Flasher Test?
RM

So could a bad bulb socket (or diode if the flashers have diodes) cause a coil to lock on? I would think that if the flashers locked on they would burn up and be not as noticeable. Im going to test mine when i get home after disconnecting the super vuk coil.

#199 7 years ago

looks as if there are diodes on these per schematics. What kind of diodes are on the flashers?

#200 7 years ago

Ill let you know when i find out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.